T Nation

Lean Muscle On A First Cycle--Advice?

Guys, I want to know if you could offer me some advice. I’m 30 years old, 6’3" 225lbs and 8-9% bodyfat. I’ve been training off and on for 12 years, the last 2 years consistently. I’ve been planning my First Cycle for 2 years now. Unlike most guys, my goal is not to add 25-30lbs of muscle, water & fat on a First Cycle. My goal is to add 15lbs of lean, hard, bloat-free muscle over 12-16 weeks while keeping the sides low to moderate. This is what I came up with.

Test Enanthate@500mgs for 12 weeks
Winstrol(Oral)@50mgs ED weeks 12-16
Arimidex@.5mgs EOD

My goal is to reach 240lbs and 9% bf. I’m going to focus on building size the first 12 weeks. Then with a slight adjustment in diet, I plan to lean up a bit before heading into PCT. HCG will be used every week at 250 ius twice a week. Let me know what you think.

Years fter reaching my natural limits I researched and came to the conclusion that too many bros do weak, half-assed, poorly planned first cycles, thereby squandering what could be the best cycle of their life. I ended up going with the following:

Week 1:
Test ena 1000mg
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25 mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 2:
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 3:
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25 mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 4:
Test ena 500mg
Test cyp 500mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod
Sun. HCG 100iu
Thur. HCG 100iu

Week 5:
Test ena 1000mg
letrozole 2.5 eod

Mon. HCG 100iu
Fri. HCG 100iu

Week 6:
Test ena 1000mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod
Tues. HCG 100iu

Week 7:
S dbol 25mg
M dbol 25mg
T dbol 30mg
w dbol 35mg
T dbol 40mg
F dbol 45mg
S dbol 50mg
letrozole 2.5 eod
Sun. HCG 100iu
Thur. HCG 100iu

Week 8:
S dbol 55mg
M dbol 60mg
T dbol 65mg
W dbol 70mg
T dbol 75mg
F dbol 80mg
S dbol 85mg
letrozole 2.5 eod
Mon. HCG 200iu
Fri. HCG 200iu

Week 9:
Sun. Clomid 300mg
Mon.-Sat. Clomid 100mg
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 10-17:
Clomid 50mg ed

P22 designed this simple, but highly effective cycle for me. I extended it to 12 weeks and I added 10 mg of nolva a day at week six at because of a little bloating. I was 17 years older than you, 2" taller, 15 lbs heavier and a few percent fatter when I started. There was some bloating, especially when the test really kicked in at the end of week 3 to about week 6. I controlled it with nolva, cutting carbs and upping my water intake allot. I lost no hair, my skin got a little oily, a few zits, and a little bloating were the extent of the negative sides. The positive are too numerous to list.

The fat gain is easy to control by regulating carbs. I ended up consuming all my carbs post workout 100 g in my PWO drink and 50g 2 hrs later in the form of veggies. I did six meals a day. Five meals with 80g of protein and 100 g of protein PWO for a total of 500 grams of protein in 6 meals a day. You’re younger so you might not need to worry as much about the carbs affecting fat gain. I split fat intake between animal fat, fish oil, olive oil and flax oil. I also took fiber supplements. Just don’t skimp on the protein.

During the high dose dbol at the end, my BP went from 120/72 to 127/80 and my heart rate went from 55 BPM to 66 BPM and a few times I did get a headache.

In the end I got far better first cycle results than anyone I know, I netted 25 lbs of LBM after PCT. I had blood work done a month after the end of the cycle and my doctor said everything was healthy and normal. My T-levels were low normal, making me eligible for TRT.

[quote]PAP wrote:
Years fter reaching my natural limits I researched and came to the conclusion that too many bros do weak, half-assed, poorly planned first cycles, thereby squandering what could be the best cycle of their life. I ended up going with the following:

Week 1:
Test ena 1000mg
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25 mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 2:
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 3:
Test cyp 1000mg
dbol 25 mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 4:
Test ena 500mg
Test cyp 500mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod
Sun. HCG 100iu
Thur. HCG 100iu

Week 5:
Test ena 1000mg
letrozole 2.5 eod

Mon. HCG 100iu
Fri. HCG 100iu

Week 6:
Test ena 1000mg
dbol 25mg ed
letrozole 2.5 eod
Tues. HCG 100iu

Week 7:
S dbol 25mg
M dbol 25mg
T dbol 30mg
w dbol 35mg
T dbol 40mg
F dbol 45mg
S dbol 50mg
letrozole 2.5 eod
Sun. HCG 100iu
Thur. HCG 100iu

Week 8:
S dbol 55mg
M dbol 60mg
T dbol 65mg
W dbol 70mg
T dbol 75mg
F dbol 80mg
S dbol 85mg
letrozole 2.5 eod
Mon. HCG 200iu
Fri. HCG 200iu

Week 9:
Sun. Clomid 300mg
Mon.-Sat. Clomid 100mg
letrozole 2.5 eod

Week 10-17:
Clomid 50mg ed

P22 designed this simple, but highly effective cycle for me. I extended it to 12 weeks and I added 10 mg of nolva a day at week six at because of a little bloating. I was 17 years older than you, 2" taller, 15 lbs heavier and a few percent fatter when I started. There was some bloating, especially when the test really kicked in at the end of week 3 to about week 6. I controlled it with nolva, cutting carbs and upping my water intake allot. I lost no hair, my skin got a little oily, a few zits, and a little bloating were the extent of the negative sides. The positive are too numerous to list.

The fat gain is easy to control by regulating carbs. I ended up consuming all my carbs post workout 100 g in my PWO drink and 50g 2 hrs later in the form of veggies. I did six meals a day. Five meals with 80g of protein and 100 g of protein PWO for a total of 500 grams of protein in 6 meals a day. You’re younger so you might not need to worry as much about the carbs affecting fat gain. I split fat intake between animal fat, fish oil, olive oil and flax oil. I also took fiber supplements. Just don’t skimp on the protein.

During the high dose dbol at the end, my BP went from 120/72 to 127/80 and my heart rate went from 55 BPM to 66 BPM and a few times I did get a headache.

In the end I got far better first cycle results than anyone I know, I netted 25 lbs of LBM after PCT. I had blood work done a month after the end of the cycle and my doctor said everything was healthy and normal. My T-levels were low normal, making me eligible for TRT.[/quote]
WOW, Pap!! 25lbs of Lean Body Mass is a GREAT accomplishment!! How much did your strength increase on your core exercises like Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, etc…?? I think I’ll frontload 1500mgs of Test the first week and stick with 750mgs/wk throughout along with the Dbol.

On what Millineum Man wrote:

Could I get some more opinions on this, please…?

The only thing I might add/change in your Winny/Test Enanthate cycle is the Test. Instead if taking Nolvadex or Arimidex or anything else to control the water bloat/fat, change chemicals. If you are looking for strictly lean gains, then don’t do Test at all.

Try stacking the Winny with some Masteron or Fina/Tren. The propionate ester with the Masteron and the Acetate ester with the Tren have the same approximate half-lives (3 or 4 days). Masteron won’t convert to estrogen, but it is a derivative of DHT (dihydrotestosterone). If you are worried about hair loss, push more towards the Tren.

I would shoot for 75-100mg of Tren ED with your oral Winny. Good luck.

[quote]Millineum Man wrote:

WOW, Pap!! 25lbs of Lean Body Mass is a GREAT accomplishment!! How much did your strength increase on your core exercises like Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, etc…?? I think I’ll frontload 1500mgs of Test the first week and stick with 750mgs/wk throughout along with the Dbol.

[/quote]
Yes, I did get quite a bit of added strength but slowly, over time. It’s not like the immediate, huge strength gains from methyl-1-test, that left me with tendonitis and sore joints. Just steady increases in strength.

To be honest with you, I don’t really train for strength or athletic performance, only size. I train for proportion and balance in size and strength, with the primary goal always being to gain lean muscle. If your goals are to substantially increase strength or improve athletic performance get some input from some other guys that actually do that.