T Nation

Lean Enough to Bulk?

???

Haha yes

Ok thanks

I’d drop 15lbs first before bulking if I were you

15 pounds? Are you kidding me :slight_smile: to be honest I’ve probably put on a few lbs since this was took. I was thinking about cutting down to about 10% first then adding calories back. How long do you think it would take to get there? Two months maybe?

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
15 pounds? Are you kidding me :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Yes, yes he is kidding you. You would have to lose an arm to lose 15lbs.

A few pounds of what?

Bodyfat percentage is a fairly meaningless number, even if you can measure it accurately, which you probably can’t.

What is your end goal? I know you think putting on lean muscle is a specific goal but it really isn’t.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
15 pounds? Are you kidding me :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Yes, yes he is kidding you. You would have to lose an arm to lose 15lbs.

A few pounds of what?

Bodyfat percentage is a fairly meaningless number, even if you can measure it accurately, which you probably can’t.

What is your end goal? I know you think putting on lean muscle is a specific goal but it really isn’t.[/quote]

Ive added a little fat. Basically i just want to add size with some nice definition. I also thought it was better to be lean because it makes your body more efficient at building muscle?

If your screen name is reflection of your lifestyle, you may want to read this article https://www.T-Nation.com/training/lifters-guide-to-marijuana

[quote]LiftingStrumpet wrote:
If your screen name is reflection of your lifestyle, you may want to read this article https://www.T-Nation.com/training/lifters-guide-to-marijuana[/quote]

Haha no it isn’t but thanks anyway. I don’t really smoke pot very much anymore.

Sorry, yeah, I was just kidding. You are DEFINITELY lean enough to bulk!

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Sorry, yeah, I was just kidding. You are DEFINITELY lean enough to bulk![/quote]

Haha thought so. I put a bit of fat on since like i say. Ill post a more recent pic. Maybe im reading into it too much though. Perhaps i just need to try and add some mass for a while first.

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
Perhaps i just need to try and add some mass for a while first.[/quote]

Yes. Do this for a couple years and then get back to us. FYI Bulking does not mean you need to turn into a fat shit to add muscle.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
Perhaps i just need to try and add some mass for a while first.[/quote]

Yes. Do this for a couple years and then get back to us. FYI Bulking does not mean you need to turn into a fat shit to add muscle. [/quote]

Ok thanks. Sounds like a plan :slight_smile: i only eat about 300 over maintenance now.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Dude are you eating right now… like literally RIGHT FUCKING NOW as you read this? I ask because if you are not you are fucking up right now.

Lol yeah… I just finished eating a big plate of chicken, pasta and veg. My diet is good as far as I’m aware. I have gained roughly 1 1/2 pound in the last four weeks so I think I’m doing ok.

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
Lol yeah… I just finished eating a big plate of chicken, pasta and veg. My diet is good as far as I’m aware. I have gained roughly 1 1/2 pound in the last four weeks so I think I’m doing ok.

[/quote]

Perfect lol glad to hear it

yes