Lean 2 Bills Pt. 4 - Synchronicity

You alright man?

1 Like

Yeah bud, everything important is ok! I’m in New Jersey & everybody knows somebody pretty sick over here. Fortunately I don’t know of any COVID deaths on a personal level. I hope it stays that way.

My mom got the COVID at 69 years old. She smoked 1-2 packs per day from ~16 till her breast cancer diagnosis at 65. COPD but no asthma or other bad lung issues. Had IV chemo. Had radiation. Has pre?diabetes treated with diet & metformin. Today is 18 days since her first cough & she has stayed out of the hospital far. She has had literally every symptom with a fever for just one day & lung issues for just 1-2 days. Fatigue for the whole thing, dizzy most of the time, diarrhea some of the time. Last week was heavy nausea & the fever day. This week it’s nausea & body aches. She’s a tank. She’ll be ok. Lots of ginseng vitamin C & a Zicam treatment the first 4 days. No covid test but her doctor thinks she has it & told her to stay away from the hospital lol

I’m bored as hell but whatever. I have done about 50 total pushups & pullups in the last month & I’m going to start squatting & pressing with a big rock today. I built a uhhhhh …platform… :sob: Been walking the hell out of the dog, but been hungry quite a bit too. Probably down a few pounds but my joints feel great. Scale is at the gym do who knows what I weigh. I still stretch work slacks but jeans feel less snug. Patellar tendon in my bad knee hurts almost all the time from being sedentary, though.

Thanks for stopping in :raising_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

Ugh! Hope your mom gets well soon!

1 Like

Yeah man, good to hear from you. Sending good thoughts to your mom.

1 Like

Squatt’n!

That’s the 3rd of 3x10

My neurotype demanded a break, so ~90min later I did:
pullups/feet up push ups aka fupu’s
10/20
10/20

Day 1 in the books. I really don’t know but I put that rock at 60-80lb I’ll eventually get to 5x20. The pullups were harder than they should have been. Leftover chicken & potatoes now, probably fresh chicken & potatoes later. Lockdown.:oncoming_police_car::policeman: :construction::policeman:

2 Likes

Stay safe. This too shall pass.

1 Like

Front Rock Squats. Nice.

1 Like

Those were some deeeeep ass rock squats. Nice job mate. Hope your mum heals up soon.

1 Like

@Crippler56 @simo74 Thank you fellahs, Mom was 2 days essentially symptom free as of yesterday, so I think she’s all done with her Corona.

@Cyrrex wait till I bust out the dual rock split squats & the flat rock overhead press :yum:

Once this lockdown is over, I’m planning on getting my home gym on with some very lightly used equipment that is sure to flood Craigslist. 2 post rack w/pullup & dip bars, a bench, a barbell & some plates. Maybe a 50-60lb KB too if I can find it

2 Likes

Dude, I am thinking of doing the same thing, going to be a lot of bargains out there.

Put some duct tape on the sucker. Kettlebell swings, DB rows, get your caveman on.

An hour after I made that last post, mom calls talking about she’s sick again. Sore throat cough fatigue. Way better than last wk, but 2 days better then sick again. Tomorrow makes 3weeks since first few coughs. She was swabbed for corona 3days ago - results inconclusive. Getting retested tomorrow. Happy Easter lol.

@Cyrrex I’m planning on doing some simple A/B full body stuff till this is done. Exercise list is just Rock squats, rear foot elevated split squats, rock overhead press, (weighted) pushups & pullups. Maybe abs or glute bridges or something but probably just those. Goal for now is to just look close to what I looked like last summer. If I get a barbell & plates by June, I may look better come Sept 1. Otherwise I’m playing the long easy game.

Been enjoying the honey heavy dew of slumber.

Tired of hearing “You’ve lost weight…” Tripled my homegym equipment. The big one is really heavy, I have to wash it to see what I can do with it. The smaller oblong one is close to but probably lighter than the medium round one.

Day 1. A workout

Rock pressin 4x6. Switch rock orientation each set to avoid imbalances lol

Rock squatt’n - same rock as last time. 10,10,11

I eat just under 3k calories most days. Rarely eat much more, some days I’m hungry & eat less.

3 Likes

You’re tough to do that shirtless. I’d probably get a scratched chest doing that.

1 Like

Not tough enough to do the rock squatt’n shirtless, @biker my man!

Just finished up some feet up pushups (8,15,22) & pullups (10,10,10) & I think my heart and lungs hate me. Damn, I feel very detrained. I need to start being consistent. Today was the first day of nice weather & it motivated to not be lazy.

1 Like

Rock OHP 7,6,6,6 Still lazy but progression.

2 Likes

Ok this is my 3rd day 1 of COVID. I’m single again, so I guess I had better stay consistent! I really haven’t lost that much weight, I was 197 with clothes on the other day on my mom’s scale & it generally reads light. That means my wakeup weight is probably 191-194ish. I’d say I’m noticably leaner than I was ~March 1 too. 2200- 2500 calories is about average the last ~2weeks.

Did 3x11 rock squats ~10days ago

Today was:
3x11 rock squatt’n
20/10
20/10 fupu’s/pullups

Feeling lean, smallish & pale relative to where I want to be but grateful for the gains I’ve made & retained.

2 Likes

“…I look leaner…”

Scale said 190.5 with pants on. So there’s that.

Rock squatt’n 12,11,11
Rock press’n 7,7,6,6

Making my first London broil in many months.

1 Like

I should be able to take a wake up weight on the same scale for a bit so I’m going to log that here. 191 today.

Yesterday I did 3x12 squats & nothing else

Today I did fupu’s/Bulgarian bodyweight split squats before breakfast
25/20
25/20

2 Likes

Been MIA for a while. You ok??

2 Likes

@simo74 All is well with real life, thanks for asking! I’m healthy, family is healthy, business is just getting off of the ground thanks to the trillion$$ in COVID money the US is printing.

Fit life??? Well…
I still don’t smoke or drink or eat microwaved anything. I don’t eat much of anything on the regular. No more 4-6egg breakfasts everydamn day. No more mountain of meat & broccoli & rice dinner errydamnday. Kind of fast, binge on whole food, exist sort of hungry. Lots of coffee. Iced & hot. If I haaad to guess I’d say 2-3k calories daily, most days 22-2500ish.

Resistance training? :joy::joy::sob::sob::sob:
I got some iron mind sandbags & did 2 workouts in a week. Then I did nothing for a week. Then I stepped in a hole walking backwards with my bad knee & fukked it up a bit. That was 2weeks ago today. Healing, but with previous damage, I have my fingers crossed I heal to where I was before this last sprain. Right now I have a super slow normal gait or a little limpy walk at regular speed.

Bout 180lb wakeup weight. Was 183 2weeks ago hungry in the middle of the day with khaki pants & a t-shirt. Started the thread at 180lb lol. I’m tanner now & probably a decent bit leaner. I feel very small in clothes, but I know that a good bit of my 20lb (22 :sob::sob::sob:) loss is fat.

Back at it when I can, keep at it & keep safe :muscle::mask:

4 Likes