Lazy Man's No-Cook Diet

Ok, I have to cook meat. There’s no way around it. But I want to seriously work on my diet, but be able to prepare each meal as quick as possible.

For instance, my breakfast is a shake comprised of 2 scoops of oats, 1 1/2 scoops of whey, 1 tbsp of natty pb, and 16 oz of milk, with a hand full of almonds on the side. It takes me five minutes to make the night before, so it is really easy to grab in the fridge in the morning.

I then workout and have a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake. The rest of the meals are usually turkey sandwhiches and almonds, and some sort of veggie. I always eat raw veggies (carrots, brocolli, lettuce), bc its healthier anyway.

So pretty much, I want to eat as healthy as possible, but have the easiest preparation as possible. I dont even care what the meals taste like as long as theyre good.

What are some easy ways to have quick meals that don’t require much work at all? Also if there are things I can prepare one day that will last a week, I could cook in bulk, but I would rather cook as little as possible.

I have the same issue when in school. I could cook all of saturday or sunday for the rest of the week but, even that can take time. What I have been doing for the past few weeks is buying packs of chicken breast from Sams club (about 5 lbs) and boiling the whole thing. It takes about 30 min and it lasts a a few days depending on what I eat the rest of the day. I like doing this because once they are cooked I can spice each differently with different seasonings.

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:
I always eat raw veggies (carrots, brocolli, lettuce), bc its healthier anyway. (1)

I dont even care what the meals taste like as long as theyre good. (2)

What are some easy ways to have quick meals that don’t require much work at all? Also if there are things I can prepare one day that will last a week, I could cook in bulk, but I would rather cook as little as possible. (3)[/quote]

(1) says who?

(2) just wanted to point out how ridiculous this sounds

(3) instead of looking for shortcuts, why not cut down on surfing the internet or watching tv in your undies in the morning by 15 minutes a day and reallocate that time to cooking?

(1) Raw veggies are healthier because they keep the nutrients you other wise lose by boiling, or microwaving them. (at least this is what I heard many times

(2) I meant to say as long as they are good for me. I hardly surf the net and I don’t watch TV FYI. I am either working, or at the gym

(1) its called steaming brah, ixnay on the hostility

go and eat a raw sweet potato then, i’ll wait…

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
go and eat a raw sweet potato then, i’ll wait…[/quote]
Raw sweet potato is actually quite yummy.

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:

What are some easy ways to have quick meals that don’t require much work at all? Also if there are things I can prepare one day that will last a week, I could cook in bulk, but I would rather cook as little as possible.[/quote]

People act like cooking the foods we eat requires you to sweat over a pan and constantly tinker like a chef at a top tier restaurant.

Do these two things… preheat your oven to 365 or so and boil 3-3.5 cups of water with a little salt thrown in.

When the oven is hot put some thawed out chicken breasts in a pan, toss seasoning on them and slide into oven.

When the water is boiling put in 1.5 cups of brown rice and reduce to low/simmer.

Go do other stuff for 40 minutes and then come back to many meals worth of chicken and rice. If you want the advanced version you can even throw some potato in the microwave and hit the potato setting.

Once you master that we will talk about a grill and steak but let’s see if that is reasonable enough for you to do.

1 Like

[quote]Scott M wrote:

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:

What are some easy ways to have quick meals that don’t require much work at all? Also if there are things I can prepare one day that will last a week, I could cook in bulk, but I would rather cook as little as possible.[/quote]

People act like cooking the foods we eat requires you to sweat over a pan and constantly tinker like a chef at a top tier restaurant.

Do these two things… preheat your oven to 365 or so and boil 3-3.5 cups of water with a little salt thrown in.

When the oven is hot put some thawed out chicken breasts in a pan, toss seasoning on them and slide into oven.

When the water is boiling put in 1.5 cups of brown rice and reduce to low/simmer.

Go do other stuff for 40 minutes and then come back to many meals worth of chicken and rice. If you want the advanced version you can even throw some potato in the microwave and hit the potato setting.

Once you master that we will talk about a grill and steak but let’s see if that is reasonable enough for you to do. [/quote]

This is a variant of the same thing I do.

6 chicken breasts in a baking dish, grab one of those cheap bottles of seasoning and pour over it so the chicken is half submerged. Bake 35 minutes at 350, turning over halfway if you want the seasoning to soak in on both sides. One of the most mindless ways to cook besides the microwave, which can be cooking a sweet potato for you while that chicken is cooking.

Exactly… people think it’s so difficult to do this. If bodybubilding involved eating a ton of beef wellington and rizzoto I could see the complaints of people saying the cooking took too much time. We generally eat really bland foods that are a 1-2 step process for cooking.

If people want to save time on cooking, make the oven your friend. Like you all put it, or do yourself, turn the damn thing on, let it heat, insert food, remove food. Simple. Also, it doesn’t need to be bland. Get 5-6 things of spices (basil, chile powder, lemon pepper, sea salt, garlic and bouillon powder/cubes is what I live off of) add one, maybe 2 of those and you really can’t fuck it up and your food tastes awesome. bouillon in the rice, on any veggies and it instantly tastes like that uncle ben’s seasoned-unhealthy rice, but it’s healthy.

Also, I don’t remember too much from my nutrition classes bc they were taught by a dietitian who was against supps and spoke her mind too much, but the truth is, some things need to be cooked. You basically get zero lycopene unless a tomato is heated in some way. Just one example. And make life easy. Boil your veggies. After that, keep the heat on high until there’s barely any water left, add 1-2 tbsp flax meal and bouillon or anything else (CHEESE!!! lol) and pour over your food. Call it your multi-vitamin gravy, if you will.

i take a carton of apsteurized egg white product and drink it with some fruit and nuts.

[quote]steelechris wrote:

[quote]Scott M wrote:

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:

Once you master that we will talk about a grill and steak but let’s see if that is reasonable enough for you to do. [/quote]

This is a variant of the same thing I do.

6 chicken breasts in a baking dish, grab one of those cheap bottles of seasoning and pour over it so the chicken is half submerged. Bake 35 minutes at 350, turning over halfway if you want the seasoning to soak in on both sides. One of the most mindless ways to cook besides the microwave, which can be cooking a sweet potato for you while that chicken is cooking.
[/quote]

Holy jesus this is exactly what I do.