Layer Total Cycle Length

@CT:

So I’m looking at starting a pure Mass Phase in a month and have the options of running the 10 day Layers for 2 months, or your hypetrophic periodiation accumulation Layers with strength cycles built in which would last for 6 months, or Reactive Pump which is 3 months.

Do you have any recommendations for a 3-4 month system on the layers. Maybe a blend of the 3 accumulation cycles in with strength for a 3 month plan?

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
@CT:

So I’m looking at starting a pure Mass Phase in a month and have the options of running the 10 day Layers for 2 months, or your hypetrophic periodiation accumulation Layers with strength cycles built in which would last for 6 months, or Reactive Pump which is 3 months.

Do you have any recommendations for a 3-4 month system on the layers. Maybe a blend of the 3 accumulation cycles in with strength for a 3 month plan? [/quote]

I will be totally honest with you: I never plan that far in advance. For the simple reason that the body might evolve differently than how it should do in theory. Some weaknesses that you didn’t expect might arise, body composition might not change exactly they way you though it would, etc.

I’ve always seen myself as a problems solver, not as a program writer. When I create a program it is always to solve a specific ‘‘problem’’. Now, a ‘‘problem’’ might be something general like building more muscle or very specific like correcting the sticking point on the bench press.

So I am not one who plans out more than ‘‘one problem’’ in advance.

I like the 10 days cycle, it is amazingly effective and can be used 3-5 times while still progressing at a fast rate. Once your progress stalls it’s time to change things up, but what you need to do will depend on how your body has changed so you cannot know exactly what you will do until you have to do it!

I hear you, I think I have trained myself to “follow” programs, especially from your realm…

1. Because of the ease of programming

2. Because your systems are tested and experimented with results.

However I understand that there are benefits to me writing and using my own input based on the body’s needs and bio. I’ve just conditioned myself to the above in reality.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
I hear you, I think I have trained myself to “follow” programs, especially from your realm…

1. Because of the ease of programming

2. Because your systems are tested and experimented with results.

However I understand that there are benefits to me writing and using my own input based on the body’s needs and bio. I’ve just conditioned myself to the above in reality. [/quote]

Second this. I’m going to use the 10-day template; my physique typically declines when I stray from CT’s plan and train with too too much flexibility/tweaking.