T Nation

Layer System & Superhero Complexes

Coach Thibaudeau, I noticed in another thread(bobsled athlete program) that you suggested to add 2 layers at the beginning of the complex. Do you think that this would be a good way to do the superhero fat loss complex’s, ie 2 strength layers(max ramp of 1,2 or 3 reps+ cluster sets of 90%-3/6 reps in total) then onto the 5star complex’s. Would this be an ideal way for fat-loss?

[quote]bradmacmillan wrote:
Coach Thibaudeau, I noticed in another thread(bobsled athlete program) that you suggested to add 2 layers at the beginning of the complex. Do you think that this would be a good way to do the superhero fat loss complex’s, ie 2 strength layers(max ramp of 1,2 or 3 reps+ cluster sets of 90%-3/6 reps in total) then onto the 5star complex’s. Would this be an ideal way for fat-loss?[/quote]

No I do not… the bobsleigh program, even though it was the foundation behind the superhero program, is not the same since the rest intervals between stations are longer. It is a strength and power program and this can be compatible with the layer methodology.

I do not like to use the layer system when focusing on fat loss.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.[/quote]

No problem the Canadiens (hockey) are in the first intermission :slight_smile:

That having been said, the bobsleigh layer hybrid plus 2 sprint sessions per week is sure to get you leaner with an increase in performance… not as much size as a pure layer system though.

Although I am from NB, I do not like the Habs, Oilers for me…lol Lots of Habs fans around here too, too many…

Although I am from NB, I do not like the Habs, Oilers for me…lol Lots of Habs fans around here too, too many…[/quote]

How proud of your Oilers you must be right now :slight_smile:

They need to get an 80’s Gretzky and Messier and they would rock…lol take care

They need to get an 80’s Gretzky and Messier and they would rock…lol take care[/quote]

They actually have tons of young talent… good years to come.

That is true, lots of Number #1 picks over the past several years, they got to start producing now though.

That is true, lots of Number #1 picks over the past several years, they got to start producing now though.[/quote]

In 1-2 years they should be like the Penguins the year of their last cup. Things change fast… I mean, Montreal was last in the Eastern conference last year and first this year (they wont stay there, but still…)