Layer System - Review

Could you ordered layers differently for different goals (for example becoming more athletic over hypertrophy)?

Thanks…going to stick with the methods I have and add in the potentiator as No.1.

Have a great weekend all.

Well, all the layer system is, is a succession of various methods done on the same exercise/pattern. So if you select methods aimed more t power, strength or resistance, yes it can be used by an athlete.

This works best with a speed measurement device like BEAST (thisisbeast.com) since you can now build the layers based on a target speed.

For example:

BACK SQUAT
Layer 1: ramp up to 2RM (speed 0.15 - 0.5m/s)
Layer 2 - strength speed 5 x 3 …start at 60% of 2RM and ramp up as long as you stay faster than 0.75m/s
Layer 3 - ballistic 3 x 5 JUMP SQUAT …start at 20% of 2RM and ramp up as long as you stay faster than 1.3m/s
Layer 4 - resistance 60-70% of 2RM 5-4-3-2-1 HDL SET… 1 set

So how does it feel to be back on the layers CT (:

What exercises are you using? Any fresh perspectives on system?

ct? might or might not have missed this, if latter ignore thx

copying your diet basically & layers training

I only stuck to the layers for 3 weeks , was starting to feel run down. And this is why I don’t post infos about my diet and training: don’t copy it… we have totally different body types.

wow ok…if ct can’t handle the layers who can lol

He was/is dieting - not something to do on layers.

Thought he was pounding carbs to fill out + layers.

Great article today about overtraining/recovery. I can see how layers is intense (90%+ for moer than 4 reps on big lift, heavy lifts to near failure [clusters]).

In fact I have had experienced almost every one of those symptoms he mentioned, more recently, taking a long time to get going during morning (lack of energy literally until cofffee).

The morning wood thing, I haven’t really had for a decade to be honest, though my drive/performance is still there. So I don’t know if that is individual/genetic or an accurate rule of thumb.

If so should reevaluate, because can definitely say gone are the days of puberty like all night erections

I used layers to fill out after 10 weeks of diet. Needed a 2 weeks break from dieting. Back on the diet since Monday since I have a photo shoot tuesday.

Plus I now have 2 training partners and the layers take too long when we are 3

Hey coach, can I swap the back squat for the hack squat machine or front squats because I can’t set up my back squat properly because of my bad shoulders which leads to a sloppy form?

Sure, especially if your goal is building muscle.