Layer System, HP Mass, 531

Hi Guys whats your opinion on these routines and which would you prefer for adding muscle

CT’s layer system, High Performance mass, Wendler’s 531 boring but big.

The hp mass program seems pretty appealing in that you get to bench four times a week but some serious volume in that routine,

try them all…you wont go wrong. i would do HP mass for 12 weeks then 5/3/1 for 8-12 weeks than layer system for however long

Theyre all really good programs. You better have your workout nutrition dialed in for HPmass and the layer system tho…very big volume and youll be needing your carbs and protein before during and after.

Cheers guys, Aragorn you mentioned Nutrition just wondering is there any nutrition articles or diets you would recommend, I was looking around and theres so much info it can get a bit confusing, cheers

[quote]Roome19b wrote:
Cheers guys, Aragorn you mentioned Nutrition just wondering is there any nutrition articles or diets you would recommend, I was looking around and theres so much info it can get a bit confusing, cheers[/quote]

Depends on

a) your primary goal

b) your current diet

c) experience training consistently (not on/off)

d) supplement budget

I really liked HP Mass when I did it, but one thing to keep in my mind is that the workouts take about 2 hours, one of the reasons I switched the the layer system. Also with HP Mass, you have to be able to self regulate while lifting, meaning that you never want to “grind” any reps. If you feel you can focus purely on lifting as explosively as you can, and less about the weight on the bar, you should be good to go.

Cool,

A) primary goal would be add muscle as healthy as possible

B) my current diet is absolutely terrible, usual end the day witth a packet of biscuits and or cake, crave the simple carbs at night
C)training, boxed for 10years so the weights eould only have been done on and off, finished the boxing so much more time for d weights, gave hp mass a good go before Christmas struggled with the volume but strenght did increase especially on upper body lifts
D) yep dont mind investing a bit in supplements if thete of benefit

[quote]Roome19b wrote:
Cool,

A) primary goal would be add muscle as healthy as possible

B) my current diet is absolutely terrible, usual end the day witth a packet of biscuits and or cake, crave the simple carbs at night
C)training, boxed for 10years so the weights eould only have been done on and off, finished the boxing so much more time for d weights, gave hp mass a good go before Christmas struggled with the volume but strenght did increase especially on upper body lifts
D) yep dont mind investing a bit in supplements if thete of benefit[/quote]

On my phone now, i’ll try to check back later. But i’d say you answered your own question–“terrible diet”. Your words. How complicated do you have to make it to stop eating shit at night? There is absolutely no need for a special diet for you–you need to make the right choices before you worry about low carb/carb cycling/anabolic diet, or anything else. Those diets are designed for people who are already eating healthy good things, and not eating crap. This is like the guy (this just happened like a day ago) asking me what supplements he needs to get and anserring my “how often do you train?” question with “well I havent been to the gym in a month”.

Stop eating shit. If you can make it a month with esting only real, healthy non-processed food, along,with fruits and veggies, and potatoes/rice, then you’re ready to take the step into specific diets.

[quote]Roome19b wrote:

The hp mass program seems pretty appealing in that you get to bench four times a week but some serious volume in that routine,

[/quote]

Weird way to assess a program. I usually think something more like “Does this seem a reasonable fit with my goals,” etc.

I would focus more on nutrition and less on training volume. Much sure you are eating a good surplus in clean calories with a good level of protien. Look at the warrior diet or s paleolithic style diet. And if you cant control the sweet tooth… just reduce the portion and have it prewotkout.

Thanks for d info guys