Layer System Assistance Exercise

Hey CT,

Current Split is Bench\SGHP\LOWER(DS or FS)\Push Press\SGHP using the JUMPS\RAMP\DENSITY\CARRIES format.

Since I am only hitting bench and push press once a week would it be ok to add some assistance work on those days. Thinking

BENCH

1. Jumps
  2. Bench Ramp
  3. Push Press 3 or 4 sets or 3-5 reps
  4. Bench Density
  5. Carries

PUSH PRESS

1. Jumps
  2. Push Press Ramp
  3. Bench 3 or 4 sets of 3-5 reps
  4. Push Press Density
  5. Carries

Maybe this is overkill since both session work similar musculature. Having awesome progress with the jump/ramp/density/carry setup and don’t want to needlessly add something that won’t help

Thanks

[quote]lgerney wrote:
Hey CT,

Current Split is Bench\SGHP\LOWER(DS or FS)\Push Press\SGHP using the JUMPS\RAMP\DENSITY\CARRIES format.

Since I am only hitting bench and push press once a week would it be ok to add some assistance work on those days. Thinking

BENCH

1. Jumps
  2. Bench Ramp
  3. Push Press 3 or 4 sets or 3-5 reps
  4. Bench Density
  5. Carries

PUSH PRESS

1. Jumps
  2. Push Press Ramp
  3. Bench 3 or 4 sets of 3-5 reps
  4. Push Press Density
  5. Carries

Maybe this is overkill since both session work similar musculature. Having awesome progress with the jump/ramp/density/carry setup and don’t want to needlessly add something that won’t help

Thanks[/quote]

Actually I don’t hate it. Never tried it but I know it will work. With the first layer format I wrote about (ramp/cluster/HDL/max pump) it would not have worked, but with the ramp./density/carries it will. Keep me posted.

Do you have an idea of what sort of percentage I should work with on the assistance exercise?