Layer Push Press and Power Clean

Hello CT, as would be the layer push press and power clean with a focus on hypertrophy? It would be the Periodize:

Week 1: Ramp to 3RM, 3 cluster sets, 3 HDL sets
Week 2: Ramp to 2RM, 4 cluster sets, 2 HDL sets
Week 3: Ramp to 1RM, 5 cluster sets, 1 HDL set
Week 4: Ramp to 1RM, 3 HDL sets, 2 max pump sets

[quote]Diegoafm wrote:
Hello CT, as would be the layer push press and power clean with a focus on hypertrophy? It would be the Periodize:

Week 1: Ramp to 3RM, 3 cluster sets, 3 HDL sets
Week 2: Ramp to 2RM, 4 cluster sets, 2 HDL sets
Week 3: Ramp to 1RM, 5 cluster sets, 1 HDL set
Week 4: Ramp to 1RM, 3 HDL sets, 2 max pump sets [/quote]

I wouldn’t so HDL and max pump with cleans and push presses

Here is the layering patterns I use for Muscle Snatches, Continuous Clean and Press, and Cleans and Push Presses as recommended by Thibs:

Ramp up to a 1RM
Then 3 sets of 3 reps with 85-90% of the 1RM (5 sec. rest between each repetition)
Then 10 sets of 2 reps with 60% of the 1RM done in as little time as possible

or…

Max Ramp (3RM / 2RM / or 1RM)
3 x 6 (3 sets of 6 reps with ~80% Ramp Max w/ 1-Minute Rests Between Sets)
EMOM (3 reps every minute on the minute for 6-minutes with ~70% Ramp Max)

I hve been doing bench press with 66 kg,dead lifts with 120 kg & squats with 80 kg power training but with power cleans i can only lift 25 kg max. How can i increase my lift

Did the first option today… last part really takes it out of you: if you push the waiting between sets down !

Hey voluminous, I really don`t get that. Can u plz explain it ( With many thanx)

Currently following the original layer as well and using Power clean & Push press as a main lift. Instead of the HDL I do 2-3 sets of the canadian bear complex from this thread: Olympic Lifts/Complexes and Layer System - Christian Thibaudeau Coaching - Forums - T Nation?

Similar programming as suggested by dlee34…

I just don’t know if it is a good option for the Power Clean & Push Press? CT any thoughts/advice?

MAINLIFT - MAX RAMP (1RM / 2RM / 3RM)

MAINLIFT - 3/2/1 RAMP HDL (5 x 3 @ 65-70% RAMP MAX; 5 x 2 @ ADD 5-10kg; 5 x 1 @ ADD 5-10kg; One Set Every 30 Seconds)

BARBELL COMPLEX (2-3 Sets):
Power/Strength = 1-2 Consecutive Rounds @ 70-80% 1RM of Weakest Lift in Chosen Complex
Hypertrophy = 2-3 Consecutive Rounds @ 50-70% 1RM of Weakest Lift in Chosen Complex
Metabolic Conditioning = 4-7 Consecutive Rounds @ 40-60% 1RM of Weakest Lift in Chosen Complex

I do this for Power Clean & Push Press:
A. Max ramp to 1 Power clean + 1RM/2RM/3RM Push Press
B. 3 sets of 3-5 Cluster Reps with 90% of Max Ramp. Each cluster rep is 1 Power clean + 1 Push Press. Rest time between the cluster reps is just the time it takes me to set up for the power clean again.
C. Barbell complexes like ‘The Bear’ or ‘Canadian Bear’ for 2-3 sets