T Nation

Lawyer Keys Marine's Car

WTF?
Guy was caught in the act. State Attorneys didn’t want Marine to pursue felony charges because the guy is a lawyer and they don’t have the time. Marine is being deployed. Lawyer(the guy who keyed the car) is going to hold things up in court: “I’m not going to make it easy on this kid”.
Again: WTF?

[quote]Grimnuruk wrote:
WTF?
Guy was caught in the act. State Attorneys didn’t want Marine to pursue felony charges because the guy is a lawyer and they don’t have the time. Marine is being deployed. Lawyer(the guy who keyed the car) is going to hold things up in court: “I’m not going to make it easy on this kid”.
Again: WTF?

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/12/anti-military-l.html [/quote]

To quote another reaction I read, this is gobsmackingly vile, if true.

“This ought to make your blood boil. And this Marine should receive a commendation for not kicking the living crap out of the guy…seriously.”

Wrong he should of kicked the crap out of him.

Hey everyone call the lawyer and tell him how you feel!

There’s been such an internet maelstrom surrounding this story that it made the Chicago Tribune - which is good, as it deserves more attention:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-kass_03jan03,0,5792645,full.column

Unfortunately, any publicity is good publicity.

Even though the Marine did right, the dipshit lawyer will get his name out because of this.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
There’s been such an internet maelstrom surrounding this story that it made the Chicago Tribune - which is good, as it deserves more attention:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-kass_03jan03,0,5792645,full.column

[/quote]

Good, that SOB needs to be hung out to dry…

Sadly, this is very telling. It’s apparently much easier to prosecute those without money and legal know-how.

Maybe something can be done somehow. It would be funny if people called his office, ( Grodner) just once to voice their displeasure. do this a few hundred times and it would be a pain in the ass at the least.

Nothing vile, just stating how these actions were unacceptable and you are shocked that someone would do such a thing.

Get 500-600 people to call in one day would at least disrupt his workplace. And it would be awfully hard to prove if nothing was officially orchestrated.

There is also the option of file a civil suit. In Pa. we do this at the magistrate’s office. You have up to 2 years to do this. So said Marine could file a suit at the Magistrate’s when he’s home, if he has the time.

Possibly, a Marine friendly could file the suit and have a written statement, police report, etc. This would get him his money back and be a pain in the ass to the Atty.

In Pa., if you don’t pay up in 30 days post judgement, you can start up a sheriff’s sale. He then could sell his stuff, like his office furniture and so on.

That is frickin ridiculous. and the dude showed a lot of restraint. I hope it works out for him (the Marine, not the lawyer)

what a fucking dirtbag…

being a jew this just adds to how fucked up this interaction was :

“…said they accused him of scratching the car because he is Jewish.”

the cop should of beat that fucking lawyer silly with his nightstick then threw him in jail, whos his witness the guy whos car he keyed lol.

Marine or not, keying someone’s car is a dick move.

I would have rebroken my right hand beating the smug off that asshole’s face.

If you read the comments and the updates to the original blog (I know, pain in the ass reading the linked article), it looks like the prosecutor is going to do his job.

To quote Vincent from Pulp Fiction:

"What’s more chickensh!t than fcking with a man’s automobile? I mean, don’t fck with another man’s vehicle. "

Ha,ha! I sense swift hot justice acoming…

“Though he might not be in the courtroom, McNulty might derive some comfort from the fact that the presiding judge is a former Marine. Circuit Court Judge William O�??Malley was a lance corporal in the early 1960s and is known around the Chicago Courthouse for wearing a Marine Corps pin on his lapel and celebrating the Corps�?? birthday each November.”

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/01/marine_vandalize_080108w/

BlackFive provides an update:

See comments section for updates from the courtroom from a BlackFive reader.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:

See comments section for updates from the courtroom from a BlackFive reader.[/quote]

Hoorah!

"The Judge then, in as angry a voice as I have ever heard him use, scolded the defendant, saying that the Marine license plates the complaining witness had were not vanity plates or about ego, but the proceeds go toward the Marine and Navy scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, sailors and marines. These Marines protect his very existence “so people like you can enjoy their freedom.”

He further said that the reason there were so many in the courtroom and so much public interest is that the Marines have a tradition since 1775 that “No Marine gets left behind.” Several Hoorahs in the courtroom."

some days my faith in the world is restored

[quote]Grimnuruk wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

See comments section for updates from the courtroom from a BlackFive reader.

Hoorah!

"The Judge then, in as angry a voice as I have ever heard him use, scolded the defendant, saying that the Marine license plates the complaining witness had were not vanity plates or about ego, but the proceeds go toward the Marine and Navy scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, sailors and marines. These Marines protect his very existence “so people like you can enjoy their freedom.”

He further said that the reason there were so many in the courtroom and so much public interest is that the Marines have a tradition since 1775 that “No Marine gets left behind.” Several Hoorahs in the courtroom."

[/quote]

We need more judges like that, ready to condemn assholes for being assholes.