Lawsuit - Pacquiao hiding injury

http://news.yahoo.com/suit-filed-against-pacquiao-not-disclosing-injury-230900526--spt.html

Interesting. I can see anyone who put money on the fight being a bit upset at the disclosure of an injury post event.

S

I don’t see this going anywhere. Injuries are intentionally concealed all the time in all sports for tactical/strategic reasons.

[quote]OldOgre wrote:
I don’t see this going anywhere. Injuries are intentionally concealed all the time in all sports for tactical/strategic reasons. [/quote]

True, but if there is a disclosure agreement, then there could be some perjury going on.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]OldOgre wrote:
I don’t see this going anywhere. Injuries are intentionally concealed all the time in all sports for tactical/strategic reasons. [/quote]

True, but if there is a disclosure agreement, then there could be some perjury going on.

[/quote]
If I remember he signed something that said he didn’t have any injuries. It’s different for boxing than it is for other sports.

I typed up a bunch of stuff, but really I don’t think it needs to be said so much because it all boiled down to “I dont think it’s a big deal” and also I just thought of something more interesting…he’s a Congressman in the Philippines…does he have Diplomatic Immunity for this sort of thing? That would be hilarious!

I believe the sanctioning body of this fight did have legal paperwork pertaining to the health and injury status of both fighters. WHile I have no clue if this sort of thing really will have any legs to stand on as far as recouping money, I can understand that some people wouldn’t have bought the fight knowing one guy was hiding a pretty debilitating injury given the sport (I’ve had two shoulder’s “done”, and raising your arm can sometimes be tough, forget throwing punches with a guy like Mayweather -lol).

S