T Nation

Lawrence Taylor Arrested for Rape

It’s early in the investigation so I won’t judge but I will be very curiuos to see when all this plays out will the commish yank him from the hall of fame if found guilty.

Link.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
It’s early in the investigation so I won’t judge but I will be very curiuos to see when all this plays out will the commish yank him from the hall of fame if found guilty.[/quote]

Can he actually do that? While raping someone is just about the worst thing one can do, if it wasn’t done on the field I’m not sure it should affect his HOF status.

Roger Goodell is definently not Paul Tagliabu. I wouldn’t put it past him. Thanks for the link SN.

Not the first rape by LT.

Considering how the NFL already has a hard time with their players committing crimes, I wouldn’t be surprised if his HOF status was taken away to send a message.

I work across the street from the Ramapo Police Station/Courthouse(the arresting department) and it is a media circus outside right now. Lt was known around the area as one of his buds owns a diner right down the road from the Hotel he was caught at and played our local golf course quite regularly…Doesn’t look good with a tough DA in NY

Rape is such a horrible crime.

“Taylor has a past history of drug use, including cocaine, reported CBS affiliate WCBS. He has drug and tax convictions”

I believe it - Guilty until proven innocent.

I don’t dilike pro athlets or celebreties becuase they make more than me, I dislike the disparity in justice. If he’s guilty, I hope they lock his ass up for a nice long time. Maybe he can share a cell with “Do you know why they call me big Ben” Rothlesberger.

[quote]Enray wrote:
Considering how the NFL already has a hard time with their players committing crimes, I wouldn’t be surprised if his HOF status was taken away to send a message.[/quote]

Umm… if your about to rape someone… and getting caught means you will lose your freedom and going to be raped yourself in a pound me in the ass prison… and yet you rape them anyway… you really think a person like that might stop dead in their tracks because they heard of a story where a rapist was removed from the hall of fame?

That is a fantasy. It would only serve as a damage control/PR moment for the HOF.

[quote]DJS wrote:

[quote]Enray wrote:
Considering how the NFL already has a hard time with their players committing crimes, I wouldn’t be surprised if his HOF status was taken away to send a message.[/quote]

Umm… if your about to rape someone… and getting caught means you will lose your freedom and going to be raped yourself in a pound me in the ass prison… and yet you rape them anyway… you really think a person like that might stop dead in their tracks because they heard of a story where a rapist was removed from the hall of fame?

That is a fantasy. It would only serve as a damage control/PR moment for the HOF.[/quote]

That’s what I meant. It wouldn’t be a message to LT, it’d be a message to the world saying “We don’t condone this, we’re with you guys”.

Another case of an athlete that was allowed to get away with anything off of the field because of his superb performance on it, continuing to do so for the rest of his life. If this proves to be true, I will lose all respect for Lawrence Taylor, both as a human and a football player.

It’s a shame that there are so many professional athletes that serve as a great role models, work hard in both their sport and their surrounding communities, yet they are overshadowed by immature wasteful egotistical players such as this.

That’s why I love the fact that the 49ers locked up Pat Willis, an amazing human being, no matter what facet of life he is playing in.

Girl was 15. Damn LT what the fuck!

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Girl was 15. Damn LT what the fuck!

V[/quote]

Apparently she was a hooker.

So you have to card hookers now?

I thought pimps did background checks during the interview process.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Girl was 15. Damn LT what the fuck!

V[/quote]

Apparently she was a hooker.[/quote]

That doesn’t change her age. I’m pretty sure he is aware of the rules in the US, he’s lived here long enough. IF this charge turns out to be true, I hope he receives maximum punishment.

^^^Okay that changes a lot.

He raped a hooker? Really? …does anyone else have a problem with that allegation?

I call bullshit on any rape besides statutory at this point. Is it disgusting to have sex with a minor? Absolutely, and I’m perfectly fine with him being locked up for that. It’s horrible.

However, let’s not sully his name with the rest of that junk. If she was beaten by an NFL player, ex or otherwise, we would definetly see it. And I’m sure he has more than enough money to pay for a hooker. This is just her trying to find a way out of the terrible life she’s leading now imo.

Anyway, after we lock him up, let’s lock the girl’s pimp up also. Pimping minors is beyond terrible.

Yeah, the reports mentioning that a pimp was involved and it wasn’t clear who beat her really screams reasonable doubt. He could get nailed for statutory i guess.

Btw this is a man who claimed to have sent prostitutes to opponents houses the night before big games…

I think if you’re hooker, you pretty much forfeit the right to cry rape.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Girl was 15. Damn LT what the fuck!

V[/quote]

Apparently she was a hooker.[/quote]

Apparently he was also accused of “rap”

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
I think if you’re hooker, you pretty much forfeit the right to cry rape.[/quote]

Have you ever seen Leaving Las Vegas? I can’t even think about the scene with Elisabeth Shue without cringing.

I can sort of see where you are coming from as the line can get a bit blurry. However, even if she is a prostitute she still should have the right to refuse just like anybody else who offers a service.