Law to Broaden Montanans' Gun Rights

Can’t Believe Push hasn’t posted this

some interesting legislation in Montana

That should get the Fed riled up.

Well I’m packing up my game and I’m a head out west . . .

This legislation is more about state’s rights than about gun regulation and I would like to see it succeed. The government has grown to massive for us to keep supporting it.

Freedom country.

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
Well I’m packing up my game and I’m a head out west . . .[/quote]

Yup, I’m with you, Irish. It’s our sacred duty to counterbalance the creeping liberalism in such places as Missoula, Montana and Moscow, Idaho.

Just gotta squirrel away a bit more coin and I’m on my way.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I thought that the intent of this showing was to give notice to those lawful citizens that intended on a purchase of a gun to know their rights. Also I thought the notice would serve a warning to insure no weapons would end up in the hands of someone that is not able to legally purchase or own a gun. When I asked the representative for her position on me buying a weapon to give to my nephew, she replied’ “that would be in violation of the law!” So I then asked her to show me the law that specifically prohibits that type of transfer; “she could not.” I further explained that I am a member of Montana Weapons Collectors Society and that I will hopefully be distributing my collection down the road. She responded with a speech about legal age limitations on who I could distribute my collection to and the legal responsibilities I would have in doing that transfer. I then asked her to explain to me the wording in the 2nd amendment that she thought should be struck and or changed, and her reply was; “I do not know the language specifically, but I think the entire amendment should be dropped!”

[/quote]

Damn slaves to the system…

[quote]Mhatch wrote:
This legislation is more about state’s rights than about gun regulation and I would like to see it succeed. The government has grown to massive for us to keep supporting it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090501/ap_on_go_co/us_bcs_championship_congress

Why the government thinks it needs to stick it’s nose into everything is beyond me.

And I’m suddenly reminded Montana is a state and not a city in some other mid-west state. Whoops. I need some geography lessons.

What’s the weather like over in Montana? the picture looks nice…

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Freedom country.

IrishSteel wrote:
Well I’m packing up my game and I’m a head out west . . .

Yup, I’m with you, Irish. It’s our sacred duty to counterbalance the creeping liberalism in such places as Missoula, Montana and Moscow, Idaho.

Just gotta squirrel away a bit more coin and I’m on my way.[/quote]

I see a lot development potential with that land.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
And I’m suddenly reminded Montana is a state and not a city in some other mid-west state. Whoops. I need some geography lessons.

What’s the weather like over in Montana? the picture looks nice…[/quote]

Montana has a four-season climate:
–Almost Winter
–Winter
–Still Winter, and…

Construction

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

–Almost Winter
–Winter
–Still Winter, and…

Construction[/quote]

does Snow Plow Repair Month fall into Construction Season?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Last week it was 80 and sunny (the warmest day since last Sept.) on Tuesday and we had blowing snow and a high of 40 the next day. [/quote]

Sounds just like Ithaca!

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Last week it was 80 and sunny (the warmest day since last Sept.) on Tuesday and we had blowing snow and a high of 40 the next day.

Sounds just like Ithaca![/quote]

No.
Ithaca has pretension.

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Last week it was 80 and sunny (the warmest day since last Sept.) on Tuesday and we had blowing snow and a high of 40 the next day.

Sounds just like Ithaca!

No.
Ithaca has pretension.[/quote]

True. Very, very true. Though I was talking about the weather :wink:

In about 5 years, the wife and I intend to open our own primary care or urgent care medical clinic in that area (Montana, Wyoming or Idahoa)

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
–Almost Winter
–Winter
–Still Winter, and…

Construction[/quote]

Yup, that’s exactly the same climate Minnesota has.

We also have roughly the same number of hunters, snowmobiles, saloons and churches. About the same number of sheep, too, except most of ours walk about on two legs.

In fact, I’d go so far as to say that Minnesota is Montana, with lakes instead of mountains, and lutefisk instead of rocky mountain oysters.

And idiots instead of Senators.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

And idiots instead of Senators.[/quote]

Hey now! Al Franken is good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like him!

mike