Laughable Doctors Visit

I know this should probably go in the “bad doctors” post, but I wanted to discuss some of the points that the Endo I just saw mentioned.

My program currently:

• 100mg test cyp 1/week (usually I do 2 shots)
  • 2.5mg Fermara (one pill, once a month)
  • No HCG, currently.

I mentioned to him that I’m still interested in having children at some point (I’m only 26), and that the fertility issues concern me. I also adressed that my testes have shrunk and will continue to do so. He said HCG is not necessary unless you are trying to actively reproduce, as in the week before you want to “try” and have a kid, you will go on a week of HCG. Thoughts?

I also mentioned Estrogen levels, and that mine were a little high at around 35-40. He said there is no good test for E2 that can accurately measure levels that are that low. He also said that low estrogen is the #1 leading cause of Osteoporosis, and that there are cases of men with low E2 in their 30s who have very weak bones. Thoughts?

Anyway, I’m still in search of a doc who will give me HCG and Amridex (I don’t think I’m on a high enough dose of the Fermara) as shown in the sticky.

The search continues.

What does Femara do?

Your doctor is wrong about HCG…when LH goes to 0, you have no signal to your testes and they slowly begin to die…if you are able to recover at all, it won’t be within a week…HCG is also not really what you need for fertility (though it helps indirectly by keeping the testes alive). HMG is the med for getting fertile

Too low E2 can cause joint/bone issues…but that is at E2 ~ 0. At the recommended level (20-30), which is well within range, there are no issues. Your doc is misinformed

Just buy some hcg online.

[quote]dmackerman wrote:

• 2.5mg Fermara (one pill, once a month)

[/quote]

What is this?

Femara is the trade name for Letrozole. Letro has a half life of 2-4 days. Twenty micrograms daily should be enough to reduce estrogen levels by a third.

Open dose-finding study of a new potent and selective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor, CGS 20 267[Letrozole], in healthy male subjects PF Trunet, P Mueller, AS Bhatnagar, I Dickes, G Monnet and G White Research and Development Department, CIBA-GEIGY Limited, Basel, Switzerland>.

Open dose-finding study of a new potent and selective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor, CGS 20 267, in healthy male subjects. Abstract at Open dose-finding study of a new potent and selective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor, CGS 20 267, in healthy male subjects - PubMed The article itself is behind a paywall.