Latest Thing You Learned About Training?

I’m certain i will surpass your development in a couple months…

this might be a hobby to you…but it is far from that to me…I’ll let my results speak for themselves from here on…

[quote]D Public wrote:
Effort is everything…

You have to be brutually honest with yourself…Nobody wants to admit they are not making progress because of lack of effort…

Everyone wants to nitpick every minutia detail of this sport as their solution to a problem…That type of thought digusts me now…People are obsessed with the wrong things…they need to be obsssed about reaching a level of effort beyond their farthest fucking imagination…

I’ll admit right now…my progress is shit because my effort sucked…the effort i put in sickens me now…

reading posts on here disgust me…[/quote]

Pfffffffthahaha

[quote]D Public wrote:

this might be a hobby to you…but it is far from that to me…I’ll let my results speak for themselves from here on…[/quote]

That was quite high and mighty D; I will be waiting to see if your results validate your words.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

[quote]D Public wrote:

this might be a hobby to you…but it is far from that to me…I’ll let my results speak for themselves from here on…[/quote]

That was quite high and mighty D; I will be waiting to see if your results validate your words.
[/quote]

Who cares. More power to him. And its that mentality, the one in which you aim to pick off every single person, one-at-a-time, that will make him, and anyone else with that mindset, end up at the top of the food chain.

What I learnt?

Cheating has its benefits. But as soon as it becomes too much, backing off that weight and focusing on form, will enable to conquer that weight sooner, than continuing to “cheat” that same weight and not making any progress.

[quote]D Public wrote:

Good for you. Strong words if backed up with some pictures. If you’ll surpass my development in a couple of months, then your current physique should also show that you lift. Why not post a few pics?

give me 4 months or so…

You’ll give yourself 4 months or so… I’m only a little curious if you will succeed. I have more pics in my profile…

Shoot me a PM after 4 months. =)

ahaha…

wtf

training with some one of very similar strength is much better then training alone, hit a 30kg pr on deadlift
when i thought i was training hard i wasnt until the big guys made me turn my 10 rep squat into a 15 rep legs felt on firee

One thing I’ve learned is that shoulder pressing can lead to a bigger bench.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Also that you will benefit more from using weights that you can handle with near perfect form to failure than weights that although you can lift are barely in control.And nutrition will dictate a great deal your gains in bodybuilding as much if not more than training.
[/quote]
Certain muscle groups of mine never got sore before my joints got achy until I let go of my ego and started using weights that I could control then pushed the exercise to failure.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
A negative/defeatist mind-set gets you stuck in self-fulfilling prophecy of your own making.
[/quote]
I would have to agree with you that a defeatist mindset is very self limiting on what one can achieve.

[quote]xydharth wrote:
For me only training ballistic is recipe for grave injuries.
[/quote]
I have also experienced injuries from explosive lifting and feel better lifting with more control over the movement.

Combining rep range knowledge (3 to 15 reps can be used to build size) which I had, with the ramping, and the high rep sets.

I used to about 2 years ago:
First exercise sets of 6-8
Second 8-10
Finisher or last ones 10-12 and 12-15

Now I:
Ramp up to my 3 rep max or 5 rep max in my first exercise
Ramp up usually to my 5 rep max (sometimes 3) in my second one, and then do a higher rep set, decreasing the load 15-20% (yeah this is thibs stuff). Usually this set is from 8 to 12 reps.
My finishers or last ones I like to do sets of 15-12-10, or 10-12-15 with the respective loads.

One difference is that I don’t use high rep sets in my first exercise. Maybe it’s just me, but I have the belief that performance can be decreased instead of enhanced for the second exercise. Maybe it’s just me. The high rep set in the second doesn’t really matter that much because of the following finisher (there’s no more low rep sets to do).

The other difference with I,bodybuilder is the finisher. Yes, I’m a bodybuilder, and I like the pump, I try to keep the weight as high as I can and the reps as explosive (non moronic form) as possible though, while trying to congest the muscle on that one.

I lab ratted on I, bodybuilder and felt that my chest was shrinking so I switched to my old training again. Maybe my nutrition isn’t as optimal to have the desired results on a specialization phase or my schedule is tight right now; the loads were feeling light and repped fast on shoulders, but the chest just didn’t feel right. Maybe my execution wasn’t the proper or I still don’t have the intensity to maintain a bodypart with only 2 exercises per week. This was more of a reminder that no matter where you are you always have to listen to your body and act accordingly.

I take advantage to announce that PHIL HEATH IS COMING TO MEX, AND EXPECT TO TAKE SOME SHOTS OF HIS HUGE ARMS!!! FUCK YEA LOL.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Most important lesson imo (along with technique/setup, diet etc):

A negative/defeatist mind-set gets you stuck in self-fulfilling prophecy of your own making.

If you’re convinced that your genetics are in-adequate and that all the guys who have achieved more than whatever arbitrary “genetic” limit you’ve placed upon yourself have managed that because of crazy genetics and drugs only, and that their winner-mindsets are also a genetic trait…

Then you’re definitely not going to achieve whatever it is you think can’t be achieved.

Not because of the reasons you think are responsible (you’ll never get close enough for them to be a factor, or even to find out whether they truly exist or not), but because you yourself are essentially making sure you will not achieve whatever goal you consider impossible.

You’re doing the work of whatever is supposedly holding you back. On minimum-wage to boot.

Your genetics won’t ever have to lift a finger to stop you from managing too much.
[/quote]

AMEN! Truer words were never spoke! Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right! Great post C_C

Latest thing I learned:

If I don’t do a rectus femoris stretch/mobilization before squatting, my hips are gonna be a-hurtin’. (Hey I sound like Push).

This is a good thread, I’ll update when I think of something that’s sexier.

I learned that clean bulks make things so much easier when its time to start cutting again (seems like this would be obvious, and yet this is the first year Ive actually done this…), and that though tons of supplements arent a necessity, the more I make use of them the easier everything about bodybuilding gets.

You can never have to much volume haha

1. When on the 531 program, never add more than 5-10 pounds per month. Don’t be a hero and get injured down the road because you didn’t let your joints adapt to increased loads.

2. When performing back squats, never go lower than your hip mobility will allow. Also stretch the hip flexors and adductors for a solid hurtin’ minute before squats and deadlifts.

1. You can’t out train a bad diet (yes, I willing ignored every coach on here for about a year and a half)

2. You look more jacked at 275 than I did at 307, and I lift better. Losing fat eventually com es into every lifters plan.

3. If you are ever stuck in a lift, and just cant think of anyway to improve, Do the 40 day program as told by Dan John. I am on day 30, and it has battered the shit out of me… but my dealift PR is now 555 lbs and I’ve never had more will to train hard.

4. Sometimes when your injured, you need rehab. Sometimes, you just have to fight through the pain and hit a personal record.

!. I suck.
2. Dont modify a training program even when it seems boring and not working at first. Recipe for injury and burnout.

As you get bigger and learn to connect with your muscles your form changes to hit the muscle from the best/desired angle.

When I was a skinny guy with a fresh certificate in fitness I used to watch big guys do exercises with strange form and wonder why they did it and why it worked. Luckily instead of trying to correct them I shut up and learned, now I can feel the difference when I try it.
(some of those guys did have terrible form and their bodys are fucked up because of it but you gotta find out why they made progress)