Latest Pics - Let's Hear It!

These pics are from 4/14/07. I’m looking to improve before getting on stage next. I think my weakenesses are: my traps/delt/bicep. I’d also like to see better definition in my low back. I think my legs are good (so I’ve been told), though I don’t think these pics show them well.

I’m 43 y/o, 5’10"-ish, normally around 180-185 lbs, 5% bf. I weighed at 170.5 for this show, way below where i wanted to be. I have been competing for less than 2 years, lifting for 10+ years. Most recent routine was the “Shut Up” program on this site. Thinking of switching Waterbury’s TBT.

So let me have it. What do you see as my strengths/weakness? And how should I go about improving. I still consider myself a newbie at this, know I’ve got lots to learn. Thanks in advance!

from the back

another

more…

another

still another

most muscular

front double biceps (executed poorly)…

This is exactly why the new “rate my physique” feature is retarded! You have a good physique, yet this thread is rated a 4! What the hell is that?

Maybe we need a description of what each number on the rating scale represents:

1 - Doesn’t work out at all and is grossly overweight (obese).

2 - Overweight, but not obese.

3 - Skinny fat

4 - Average build with some training and proper nutrition.

5 - Some resemblance of someone that trains and eats correctly and has been consistent (many people would start in this category).

6 - Good gains for someone who is new to training or is overcoming bad genetics or has lost a lot of weight.

7 - Obviously works out, eats right and trains hard (this is where “most” people should be after training for several years and paying attention to diet - or where someone who is more gifted may be after just beginning to train.

8 - Competes in bodybuilding contests or could possibly compete but may still need more overall mass (this is where most people are striving to be).

9 - Competitive local or regional bodybuilder or someone with great genetics.

10 - Obviously a professional bodybuilder or someone that has reached a very high level of physique.

That way, people will give a rating that is deserving.

I agree, you could use some more mass, and I’m sure you will be able to do so in time for your next show as long as you keep tweaking your training and nutrition. Good luck!

I agree, I think you are more than a 4, based on the nate guy, I would give you an 8.

You’re definitely ripped and the legs are looking good indeed. Especially in the first pic your delts and biceps look a bit small. I’d personally prefer a slightly bigger appearance just generally but that’s up to the individual. You definitely look like you’re training very hard.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
This is exactly why the new “rate my physique” feature is retarded! You have a good physique, yet this thread is rated a 4! What the hell is that?

Maybe we need a description of what each number on the rating scale represents:

1 - Doesn’t work out at all and is grossly overweight (obese).

2 - Overweight, but not obese.

3 - Skinny fat

4 - Average build with some training and proper nutrition.

5 - Some resemblance of someone that trains and eats correctly and has been consistent (many people would start in this category).

6 - Good gains for someone who is new to training or is overcoming bad genetics or has lost a lot of weight.

7 - Obviously works out, eats right and trains hard (this is where “most” people should be after training for several years and paying attention to diet - or where someone who is more gifted may be after just beginning to train.

8 - Competes in bodybuilding contests or could possibly compete but may still need more overall mass (this is where most people are striving to be).

9 - Competitive local or regional bodybuilder or someone with great genetics.

10 - Obviously a professional bodybuilder or someone that has reached a very high level of physique.

That way, people will give a rating that is deserving.

I agree, you could use some more mass, and I’m sure you will be able to do so in time for your next show as long as you keep tweaking your training and nutrition. Good luck![/quote]

Good post Nate. There needs to be some parameters for the rating system to work.

To the OP. Good work.

You are way beyond me in experience so I will not presume to post advice.

Good luck with your next comp.

More traps and delts. Work your neck out to make your neck look thicker. I’d so more delts would go a long way though.

Maybe thicker spinal erectors in the lumbar area would help.

You’re like an 8-9 to me.

Great work, Ron. Def an 8 from me. Where did you place in your show?

Keep lifting hard and heavy!

Great post, Nate.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
Great work, Ron. Def an 8 from me. Where did you place in your show?

Keep lifting hard and heavy![/quote]

Thanks Sharetrader. I got 1st in 40+, middleweight open and overall, but it was a small show. Results here: http://www.theocbwebsite.com/Results/2007/BaltimoreMD1/OCB2007BaltimoreMd1.htm

I’d give you a 7 or 8. maybe just more overall thickness is all I’d advise.

excellent physiqe, I gave an 8.

I’d say build up your lats, traps, and maybe put some more mass on your legs.

great job already, keep up the good work!

Hell I gave you a 10, you are in great shape. Not to sound gay or anything but I love that 3rd shot down of your back bubbling up!! It looks awesome!! Very impressive, I hope I look that good at 43!!!

Yeah, you look great. 43? Good shit.

As for Nate Dogg’s post, that is right on the money. Except, I would just say it outright:

10 = Caveman