T Nation

Latest Music

Haven’t seen one of these threads in a while (maybe 3/4 months??), so I figured I’d start one up. What are you’re favourite new bands/artists T-people??

I got:

The Killers
The Von Bondies
Franz Ferdinand

The white stripes rock and the latest
Slipknot release has got to be the best of the three albums…

[quote]Papa wrote:
The white stripes rock and the latest
Slipknot release has got to be the best of the three albums…[/quote]

I beg to differ, I liked the first album much more

Where do you guys listen online? I’m always looking for new stations. Right now I’m on either www.definiti.ca or XFM London http://www.xfm.co.uk/

I’m a DJ, mostly weddings and clubs, but the best two CD’s I’ve heard this year have been Modest Mouse’s new CD (Good News for People Who Love Bad News) and DJ Danger Mouse’s remix of the Jay Z Black Album (Grey Album).

New music is pretty disappointing…it’s nothing new or inventive.

There’s a new station called Indie 103.1 and you can listen to them online. They seem to play pretty cool music and have some interesting shows with a guy from the Sex Pistols and another with Henry Rollins. The new Mission of Burma album is good, although I was dissapointed that the best songs were a few old “unrealed” songs from Forget or Peking Spring. It is still good though. The Mars Volta are good, new and different. If new music fails, listen to old music. Check out the hardcore classic Minor Threat-Complete Discography. You don’t have to be straight edge(if that ideology even still exists) to like it and if you just think it’s fast crap and you can’t understand anything and it’s stupid, think again. If you can’t get pumped to work out from this, forget it. Also check out Angry Samoans, probably their boxed set(really just 43 short songs). It’s funny and catchy early 80’s punk. Just fun music.

[quote]Dave876 wrote:

I beg to differ, I liked the first album much more[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong dude, all three slipknot albums are good, it’s just that I think they show a lot of growth with the latest album.

Ever hear of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes? They’re a cover band who tend to pervert most anthems into a punk/rock style. You haven’t heard anything til you’ve heard their rendition of “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me” or Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U.” If nothing else, at least it’s something different.

Sum 41’s “Does This Look Infected?” is also a good pre-workout/get psyched CD, though I know it’s not new and has been around for a while.

And just for good measure, check out the Foo Fighters live DVD. Great stuff.

I’m still waiting for the next Christopher Cross album or Dan Fogelberg! yeaaahhh! rofl j/k j/k

[quote]chubs108 wrote:
New music is pretty disappointing…it’s nothing new or inventive.[/quote]

You must not get out much. there’s plenty of original new stuff out there, but I like to stick to the good old oldies. Haydn rocks!

One of the best bands I’ve heard in a LONG time is a band by the name of Thornley. Seriously, one of the best heavy rock bands out there, and the singer is a complete powerhouse. Check it out at www.thornleyband.com I fucking love that shit, and it’s so good for pumping iron too.

[quote]chubs108 wrote:
New music is pretty disappointing…it’s nothing new or inventive.[/quote]

You must not be looking in the right places. I think we’re riding a wave of music expansion right now, it’s great. There’s so much new different stuff.

Thornley was the lead singer of Big Wreck i think, but they broke up last year and he went solo.

Metallica’s “St. Anger” and Mudvayne’s “The End of Things to Come” are good workout cds.

new killswitch engage or in flames or opeth, and on a side note new blink 182 is good too