Latest Music That Gets You Fired Up

I understand this thread has been brought up before. But it’s always a pretty good subject.

Today I downloaded a bunch of Slayer to my ipod and went to the gym and rocked it fucking hard. I think the more demonic the music the better. Death metal+Spike=deep, ass kicking squats.

Ah yes another true believer in my theory of Slayer!

It is proven that listening to Slayer can actually cause you to gain muscle and loose fat without actually lifting weights.

True story.

It certainly gets the blood pumping.

You guys should try Phil Collins or Dido. My traps are huge now. Word.

sworn enemy - the beginning of the end
death before dishonor - friends, family forever
path of resistance - can’t stop the thruth
madball - legacy
despiced icon - the healing process

This keeps me busy and pissed off.

Led Zeppelin-Hots On For Nowhere

Slayer’s great, but Pantera’s best dozen or so songs are just as good. Even better than both is Phil Anselmo’s other band, Down. Their first album, NOLA, is pretty much the best metal I’ve ever heard. Highly recommend picking it up.

[quote]Phil Gagnon wrote:
sworn enemy - the beginning of the end
death before dishonor - friends, family forever
path of resistance - can’t stop the thruth
madball - legacy
despiced icon - the healing process

This keeps me busy and pissed off.

I’ll check 'em out.

Zeke

slipknot and the deftones work great for me.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Slayer’s great, but Pantera’s best dozen or so songs are just as good. Even better than both is Phil Anselmo’s other band, Down. Their first album, NOLA, is pretty much the best metal I’ve ever heard. Highly recommend picking it up.[/quote]

I don’'t like to put down other’s musical tastes, but to call Down’s NOLA the best metal album ever is quite ludicrous.

Die motherfuckers-ghetto boys
eye for an eye-ghetto boys
Eighteen-alice cooper
They have come to kill the rooster-alice in chains
The hardest thing i’ll ever do-earl thomas conley
simple man-skynyrd
Mississipi Queen- Wish I knew who sang it!
Heart shaped box-nirvana
What is a juggalo-icp
Some kind of trouble-Tanya Tucker.

Down is good, but not THAT good. Pantera is much better.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Demon Hunter recently. Good band, and great for lifting. Their first cd is the best.

Mississippi Queen = Mountain

That guitar tone and double bass drums still hold up as heavy and kick ass even today.

Meshuggah’s Catch Thirtythr33 is a constant favorite, but some others that have made their way back into my regular rotation lately are:

Slipknot: Subliminal Verses
Something Must Die: Riding in an Ambulance
Hatebreed: The Rise of Brutality

As for new stuff, not too much comes to mind. Musicians need to start doing drugs again or something. But I am looking forward to that new Tool coming out May 2nd. Hopefully that will hold some good things…

i dusted off 3 old Sepultura cds… Arise, Chaos AD, and Roots…man I forgot how great their early stuff is when you’re lifting

Just DL’d Rob Zombies latest…educated horses. No verdict yet but my initial response was rather ho-hum.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Slayer’s great, but Pantera’s best dozen or so songs are just as good. Even better than both is Phil Anselmo’s other band, Down. Their first album, NOLA, is pretty much the best metal I’ve ever heard. Highly recommend picking it up.

I don’'t like to put down other’s musical tastes, but to call Down’s NOLA the best metal album ever is quite ludicrous.[/quote]

My tastes aren’t everybody’s; for example, Diabolus in Musica is one of my favorite Slayer albums, and I think a lot of their fans thought it was mediocre. But NOLA is pretty high up there for me, love to hear your choices.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
“Seasons In The Abyss”…clinically proven to increase squat poundage by 12.453%!!! Now thats a sticker they need on cds!
[/quote]

Dittohead is similarly proven to increase bench press by 10 ~ 12 %

Hey Chiefy,
Great topic dude…anything by Hate Eternal, Nile, Decrepit Birth,old candiria (subliminal,surrealistic,etc.). Basically, any band with a good drummer and good blastbeats!!!