Latest Crop of Movies

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Yeah, Hollywood, conservative…lol.[/quote]

What’s ridiculous…is that any of you think they aren’t making movies just to make money.

If people were waiting outside of theaters in droves to see “White Christian Man, Payback is a…heavenly canine type animal of the female persuasion” then you can bet they would be turning out movies left and right of that nature.

Ironman was “liberal”? Really? All of those guns?

Dark Knight was “liberal”?

What the hell are you guys smoking that you see these movies in terms of “conservative or liberal”?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“Instead the focus, in movies for e.g., is on minorities. Clint Eastwood’s “Gran Torino” is about a redneck who learns to love Asian immigrants kids. Oscar nominated “Slumdog Millionaire” is about Bombay street kids. Sean Penn’s “Milk” is about a crusader for homosexual rights. Oscar nominated “The Reader” combines pedophilia and German guilt for the Holocaust. “Revolutionary Road” presents a negative view of marriage and the 1950’s, a period when the nuclear family recovered. (I liked this movie, but not the message.) “Doubt” is about homosexuality in the Catholic Church. French Best Foreign Language nominee “The Class” is about immigrant youths and how lovable they are.”

http://www.henrymakow.com/

Don’t white Christians ever do anything that a movie could portray?[/quote]

HH, simple solution, don’t watch pretentious, wannabe-poignant art-house-indie flicks.

I’m sure Tom Hanks and that blonde chick will be out with a movie the whole family will love soon enough.

Don’t worry boys, when Hollywood wants to make a rip snorter of a movie, they will call for a Australian to be the leading man! Your hollywood guys are too soft.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Yeah, Hollywood, conservative…lol.

What’s ridiculous…is that any of you think they aren’t making movies just to make money.

If people were waiting outside of theaters in droves to see “White Christian Man, Payback is a…heavenly canine type animal of the female persuasion” then you can bet they would be turning out movies left and right of that nature.

What the hell are you guys smoking that you see these movies in terms of “conservative or liberal”?[/quote]

Oh, give me a break. Yeah, conservative values are just pouring out of Hollywood.

The problem is, you conservative Christians want it both ways.

You justify your “faith” by insulating yourself with likeminded people, under the illusion that your viewpoint is shared by the majority.

But when you encounter the real world and the market driven forces it generates, you take the martyr mantle and bemoan how most of the world is wicked and corrupt.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

What the hell are you guys smoking that you see these movies in terms of “conservative or liberal”?

Oh, give me a break. Yeah, conservative values are just pouring out of Hollywood.

[/quote]

Hey, if you can’t point out how “liberal” the top grossing movies of the last year are, then you don’t have much a point, huh?

Iron Man made $580,379,406 in gross revenue. As of December 23, 2008, The Dark Knight had grossed $530,833,780 in the North American box office…much more world wide.

That pretty much guarantees more movies made similar to those.

Pointing out some hardly viewed indy movies and saying this is a representation of all of Hollywood and that this means liberal movies are their main focus is insane.

[quote]forlife wrote:
The problem is, you conservative Christians want it both ways.

You justify your “faith” by insulating yourself with likeminded people, under the illusion that your viewpoint is shared by the majority.

But when you encounter the real world and the market driven forces it generates, you take the martyr mantle and bemoan how most of the world is wicked and corrupt.[/quote]

What? Did you have the idea that Christians wouldn’t do battle in the market of ideas? Of course we’re going to comment on culture and society. I don’t even understand the point you thought you were trying to make here. Ooooh, you caught us, we voice our concerns and opinions! /sigh

Edit: Insulating ourselves? Do we all live in communes or something? Lol.

Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Hey, if you can’t point out how “liberal” the top grossing movies of the last year are, then you don’t have much a point, huh?

[/quote]

Because the top movies as determined by audiences doesn’t make Hollywood any less liberal. Though there certainly wasn’t anything conservative about “Ironman” or the “Dark Knight” either.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Because the top movies as determined by audiences doesn’t make Hollywood any less liberal. Though there certainly wasn’t anything conservative about “Ironman” or the “Dark Knight” either.
[/quote]

There wasn’t anything “liberal” about them either which is the whole point.

If you go see movies and you really think in terms of “conservative or liberal” you have some serious personal issues you may need to work out.

If you go see movies and you really think in terms of “conservative or liberal” you have some serious personal issues you may need to work out.[/quote]

Sorry, don’t see your point. And why wouldn’t you think in terms of conservative or liberal? Movies don’t ever try to make political or social statements? They’re not all comic book popcorn flicks.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:

If you go see movies and you really think in terms of “conservative or liberal” you have some serious personal issues you may need to work out.

Sorry, don’t see your point. And why wouldn’t you think in terms of conservative or liberal? Movies don’t ever try to make political or social statements? They’re not all comic book popcorn flicks.[/quote]

The difference is, if I see a movie with a political message, I consider the director and writers made it that way. I don’t jump to some conclusion that Hollywood is conspiring to force “liberal values” (whatever those really are) on me.

If the top grossing movies aren’t even political in nature, then what point do you really have?

In fact, your next chance to holler about how political a movie is when it comes to the Marvel franchise is when Captain America finally hits the screen. They can’t avoid being political with a movie about him.

The difference is, if I see a movie with a political message, I consider the director and writers made it that way. I don’t jump to some conclusion that Hollywood is conspiring to force “liberal values” (whatever those really are) on me.
[/quote]
They don’t have to conspire. If enough like minded people are involved, you’d never have to have a meeting or send an e-mail.

[quote]
If the top grossing movies aren’t even political in nature, then what point do you really have?[/quote]

I still don’t understand how audiences choosing to go to fluff comic book films comes into this.

I hope it isn’t the imposter, “oh, I’ve got so many personal demons and so much guilt,” imposter running around in that bastardized Cap outfit.

What are you complaining about anyway? If you don’t like a movie, vote with your wallet. Obviously, the large majority of people enjoy the movies that make the most money since…drum roll…they make the most money.

[quote]forlife wrote:
What are you complaining about anyway? If you don’t like a movie, vote with your wallet. Obviously, the large majority of people enjoy the movies that make the most money since…drum roll…they make the most money.[/quote]

Because I care to comment?

I love how it is a “comment” when you bemoan the liberal Hollywood agenda, but when gays campaign for equal rights it is dismissed as “whining”. I guess free speech is only acceptable if you agree with it.

[quote]forlife wrote:
I love how it is a “comment” when you bemoan the liberal Hollywood agenda, but when gays campaign for equal rights it is dismissed as “whining”. I guess free speech is only acceptable if you agree with it.[/quote]

Stop whining.

You’re the one crying about Hollywood and their evil morally bankrupt agenda.

Got Disney?

[quote]forlife wrote:
You’re the one crying about Hollywood and their evil morally bankrupt agenda.

Got Disney?[/quote]

I’m commenting about Hollywood, in response to someone else’s comment about Hollywood. And, I don’t believe Hollywood actually needs an agenda, as in a plan. Just enough like minded people.

Edit: Oh, and Disney! Clever, clever, Forlife. But, no need to settle for the Mermaids or talking teapots. Not when there’s so many conservative friendly films out there, suitable for a prudent adult. I guess.

Even the latest Comedy movies go too far…

Pineapple express… “Dude…I want to feel myself inside you”

Superbad had VERY gay underetones as well.

To top all this off, most comedy movies portray straight men as stupid people who can not help themselves worth shit.

It’s a trend and I hope it stops soon. 10% of the world is gay, yet 90% of movies poke fun at heterosexuality and masculinity.

There’s definately an agenda here…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Even the latest Comedy movies go too far…

Pineapple express… “Dude…I want to feel myself inside you”

Superbad had VERY gay underetones as well.

To top all this off, most comedy movies portray straight men as stupid people who can not help themselves worth shit.

It’s a trend and I hope it stops soon. 10% of the world is gay, yet 90% of movies poke fun at heterosexuality and masculinity.

There’s definately an agenda here…

[/quote]

LOL.

How funny is the movie where everyone is intelligent, responsible and simply entails trips to church and to the library?

What am I thinking? That’s fucking hilarious!!!

Wait, I got a new plot…a guy wakes up…IN CHURCH…and then…prays. Yeah, that’s it. And wait, the funny part is…he’s smart too!!..and…he goes to college…and STUDIES EVERY NIGHT. HAAAA!! Oh, and the twist? He’s MORMON!!