T Nation

Latest Arm Pic

I had an awesome pump going and snapped a pic thru the mirror. I know it’s not in accordance with the forum rules but I kinda liked the way it came out and wanted to share.

I also found another pic of me at 15. I had a whole roll of shots but you know how stuff gets lost over the years. I was about 160 and around 16% bf. This was after a little over a year of training. When I started, I was 130 and maybe 12% bf.

I remember working out from like 10pm to midnight in my room and trying not to wake my parents with too much grunting and weight clanging. Then I’d eat about a pound of pasta with butter and go to bed! Needless to say my nutritional habits have come a long way since those days!

Jesus, colour me jealous. Pretty impressive, man.

This is the rate my physique forum, not the rate my bicep forum.

I gave you a 10 though because I like your style and huge bicep.

Your lucky I went easy on you, hopefully you learn from your mistakes.

I am a toughguy on the internet so I am allowed to type like this. This is a totally sarcastic post, except for the part about how big your bicep is, that isn’t sarcastic.

Damn you have been lifting for a long time! Your hair cut hasn’t changed a bit either…nice pump though you bastard

men don’t change haircuts

nice arm to

yea i never was one of those guys who went for the latest trendy hair do and fashions like women do. i took a lesson from einstein who always wore the same clothing every day so he didn’t have to expend any thought on deciding what to wear.

[quote]jbasker33 wrote:

I am a toughguy on the internet so I am allowed to type like this. This is a totally sarcastic post, except for the part about how big your bicep is, that isn’t sarcastic.[/quote]

Best post!

[quote]jbasker33 wrote:

I am a toughguy on the internet so I am allowed to type like this. This is a totally sarcastic post, except for the part about how big your bicep is, that isn’t sarcastic.[/quote]

hahaha

Anyways, 1mo, you are the man. I hope to one day have a build as impressive as your. Nice bi, nice back. keep it up.

I don’t get it. How can your weight be so low? You look bigger.

It defies logic!

what a fucking bicep peak lol. And people say if you have more than an inch between your bi and forearm you cant have impressive arms… What are your arms measured at brotha

[quote]jbasker33 wrote:

With all the fucking shit there’s here in RMP from retarded newbies, where 140 lb douchebags tell 180+ lbs dudes how to train, tell them their weaknesses and feel better being stupid net “tough guys”; i actually thought you were serious at the start. Funny post JB…

1morerep, I really dont see the need for another RMP forum from you, you are big and people who saw your other thread (or profile) know that, but if you feel that you saw some kind of diferent pump in the gym and want to post it i guess its ok.

lol…well player, of course there’s no NEED to post. i WANTED to post. and i appreciate you granting me your permission and approval to do so :wink:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

It defies logic![/quote]

thanks…i appreciate the positive vibes. i’m really not sure why i don’t seem to follow suite in the weight/measurement formula. maybe it’s not accurate. there’s an article by c poliquin - top 20 tips. this is what he said about arm size to weight ratio:

-At Least Fifteen Pounds for Every Inch-

“Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it’ll be more like a 25 pound gain. Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm cold. Arthur Jones said they were full of shit. Arthur Jones was right: the Weider camp was full of shit. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would’ve had to weigh 308. If you’re going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.”

i’m weighing in at around 173 at about 12% bf and my left arm measures 17" cold and 18" pumped. when i started out at 130 lbs, my arms were i think like 13". so i gained 4" by adding 40 lbs of muscle. so in that light, i’m not sure this formula applies accurately to everyone. genetics, muscle shape and density, etc play part i’m sure.

Almost looks like you had a baseball implanted instead of your bicep haha.

Also, I must say, you look pretty impressive at 15 years old as well, I don’t know many people that age that look like that, nice work there as well.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
Makavali wrote:

It defies logic!

thanks…i appreciate the positive vibes. i’m really not sure why i don’t seem to follow suite in the weight/measurement formula. maybe it’s not accurate. there’s an article by c poliquin - top 20 tips. this is what he said about arm size to weight ratio:

-At Least Fifteen Pounds for Every Inch-

“Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it’ll be more like a 25 pound gain. Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm cold. Arthur Jones said they were full of shit. Arthur Jones was right: the Weider camp was full of shit. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would’ve had to weigh 308. If you’re going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.”

i’m weighing in at around 173 at about 12% bf and my left arm measures 17" cold and 18" pumped. when i started out at 130 lbs, my arms were i think like 13". so i gained 4" by adding 40 lbs of muscle. so in that light, i’m not sure this formula applies accurately to everyone. genetics, muscle shape and density, etc play part i’m sure. [/quote]

I agree, maybe that logic applies more to the taller longer limbed lifters, but I do agree that it’s subject to certain types of lifters.

You could honestly get on stage, compete, and win. Bravo sir, bravo.

You have a really poor bicep insertion

[quote]Anabolic_Mike wrote:
You have a really poor bicep insertion[/quote]

and you’re a full time douchebag

[quote]Anabolic_Mike wrote:
You have a really poor bicep insertion[/quote]

hey if that’s my biggest problem then i’m not too worried my 6’1, 253 lb with 11% bodyfat AND NO PIC, full of shit friend :slight_smile: