Lateral Head of the Deltoid

For what it’s worth, I do a variation of the follow each week on “shoulder day”

Push-Press: 3RM
Barbell Military Press: 5x5
DB Military Press: 5x5
DB Upright Row: 4x6
Front Plate Raise: 3x10-15
Cable Lateral Raise: 3x10-15
Machine Shoulder Press Drop Set: (I start with a weight that I can do 10 times and do a drop set to failure all the way down to 10 lbs.
Lateral Raise Drop Set: (I start w/ 40 lbs. DB and drop by 5 lbs. each set all the way down to the 2.5 lbs. DB)

I do rear delt work on “back day”. I do shrugs when I do olympic lifting/ cleans/ high pulls.

Too much volume? If you’re an easy-gainer like me it’s all about destroying each body part one day per week. No gains w/o pain. If you’re a hard gainer/ ectomorph I would not follow my plan. Way too much volume for a skinny person.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
thanks dwarfie, those look wicked. Very little variety in my lateral delt work.

I love Jim Cordova! Although he stole my idea once. I thought I had discovered the ultimate way to do triceps extensions, then someone on here linked to a video of him doing it. Bastard must’ve seen me doing them and been like “Woah I want arms like that guy”[/quote]

HAHA! Same here! I thought I invented the single arm upright row (I do certain things out of necessity to avoid pain in my shoulders). Then I saw his video by accident. I actually felt vindicated at my choice of exercise because, well if CORDOVA’S doing it, it MUST be good!

lol

Actually, I do mine a bit differently. Instead of pulling straight up, I kind of row it out and up.
[/quote]

he clearly just sneaks around gyms with a notepad, ripping off people’s workout ideas…

It’s good how great minds think alike, I train with this big powerlifter guy that came up with the InHuman press all on his own. He was gutted when I told him it already had a name.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
thanks dwarfie, those look wicked. Very little variety in my lateral delt work.

I love Jim Cordova! Although he stole my idea once. I thought I had discovered the ultimate way to do triceps extensions, then someone on here linked to a video of him doing it. Bastard must’ve seen me doing them and been like “Woah I want arms like that guy”[/quote]

HAHA! Same here! I thought I invented the single arm upright row (I do certain things out of necessity to avoid pain in my shoulders). Then I saw his video by accident. I actually felt vindicated at my choice of exercise because, well if CORDOVA’S doing it, it MUST be good!

lol

Actually, I do mine a bit differently. Instead of pulling straight up, I kind of row it out and up.
[/quote]

he clearly just sneaks around gyms with a notepad, ripping off people’s workout ideas…

It’s good how great minds think alike, I train with this big powerlifter guy that came up with the InHuman press all on his own. He was gutted when I told him it already had a name.[/quote]

lol

One of the reasons I like Meadows so much. Totally creative in the gym, not just for its own sake, but out of necessity.

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Are you serious? lateral raises really dont take that much time/effort[/quote]

It does if you use heavy dumbbells or lots of weights for barbell uprights…

Do u not do these at all??