Late-Workouts and Tylenol PM

I take classes 5 days a week, and am also starting to do research in a lab. This means i have very long days. I usually require a good 3 hours for training, just because i need to come home afterwards, shower, and eat.

That being said, most weekdays the only time I can train is after 9:00. The only problem is that I cant go to sleep before 1 or 2 just because i am so pumped up and wired from the workout. This usually causes me to get around 6 hours of sleep ( not enough for me, personally).

Lately I have been taking Tylenol PM about 45 minutes after my workout to help me go to sleep. Im 6’1" 205 lbs., so it doesnt knock me out, but it helps.

I was wondering if this is a good or bad idea. On one hand, taking them gets me the extra sleep i need which is very important, but on the other hand, if theres sedatives and other shit in there thats ruining my recouperation and healing processes, then that wont work.

Should I keep taking them, stop taking them, switch to some other product, etc…???

ANY advice will help, thanks guys!

I would try not to rely on them and if your going to take then take the NON Tylenol version with just the sleep aid. I personally wouldnt and dont touch Tylenol at all that shit leads to more problems and even deaths then I care to even think about. Just wrecks havoc on your liver etc.

You might do a search for an article by Lonnie Lowery where he discusses relaxation techniques etc.

Phill

How about going to the gym before your day starts with classes? How about going on the weekends and two weekdays, allowing you to get three weekdays just for rest?

I’d try and stay away from Tylenol.

I thought about going to the gym before my day starts. That doesnt work, I would need to be in the gym at like 5 or 5:30 a.m., then come home, shower, eat, then be on campus in class and in the lab until 6 or 7. Ive done it a dozen or so times and every time i crash REALLY hard around 1:00 in the afternoon.

Thanks for the advice guys, i may trash the tylenol and get some kind of herbal supplement to help me fall asleep. Im gonna look up what insomniacs take as far as herbs (not weed, haha).