Late Night Running

Lately I’ve been forced to run later in the day, like around 9-ish to be able to get a decent cardio workout in. I’m trying to stave off the effects of catabolism, so after a roughly 2 mile solid run, I’ll have 4 BCAAs and a shake with 1 scoop Biotest whey, 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, and a half cup of oatmeal.

Does this sound like a fairly decent protocol to follow?

[quote]Carbon-12 wrote:
Lately I’ve been forced to run later in the day, like around 9-ish to be able to get a decent cardio workout in. I’m trying to stave off the effects of catabolism, so after a roughly 2 mile solid run, I’ll have 4 BCAAs and a shake with 1 scoop Biotest whey, 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, and a half cup of oatmeal.

Does this sound like a fairly decent protocol to follow?[/quote]

Sounds excellent to me; you’re replacing everything you lost and then some.

When I used to run on my off days from the gym, I lived near a small, residential island that had a road circling it that was .9 miles around. If I ran during the day, I could do 3, maybe 4 laps before I was wiped out. Running in the evening like you’re doing turned out to be a whole different ball game. After 7 laps I was still going strong and more than a little amazed. I quit after 10 when my feet started to blister, but my legs and lungs could have kept going. I never realized how much direct sunlight took out of you, but this made me a believer. Keep up the night runs, man. They are definitely the way to go.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Keep up the night runs[/quote]

I don’t know why that sounds so funny.

Are you doing the cardio for fat loss?
I’ve found the best time for me to do cardio is before breakfast.
People will always say that you’ll lose muscle doing it this way,but if you have some BCAA’s and a scoop of whey half an hour before doing the cardio(some caffeine too)you’re not gonna lose any muscle-Especially if you’re keeping it low intesnity.

I usually do this for about 30-45 min.

I’m not really doing it to lose fat, I’m trying to bulk up a bit so that part hasn’t come yet. What I am trying to do is increase endurance and give my heart a workout. Fat loss wouldn’t be a bad side effect though if it worked out that way.

[quote]Carbon-12 wrote:
I’m not really doing it to lose fat, I’m trying to bulk up a bit so that part hasn’t come yet. What I am trying to do is increase endurance and give my heart a workout. Fat loss wouldn’t be a bad side effect though if it worked out that way.[/quote]

HIIT is an extrememly good workout for your cardiovascular system, as well as a good ‘fatloss’ workout while bulking.

I say ‘fatloss’ because its really just keeping fat gain to a minimum.