T Nation

Late Night Hunger/Trouble Sleeping on Clomid

Hey guys and girls,

I’m having a nasty problem here. I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism a while back. After trying injectable T, which I discontinued due to really bad insomnia, the physician put me on 25 mg daily of Clomid to increase production of LH, FSH, and T. I’ve noticed that my sexual response has improved on this medication, which I have been on for about four weeks.

However, the low T symptom that is not getting better is fatigue. As a matter of fact, for the past two weeks, about all I can remember is being drowsy!

I feel like I’m not sleeping well. Before taking Clomid, I was sleeping 9 - 10 hours each night and generally feeling tired all the time, presumably due to low T. Now, taking this medication, I am waking up in the middle of the night with hunger pangs. It is my theory that my blood sugar is going way down while I sleep, preventing me from getting quality rest. As a matter of fact, sometimes, I feel like the sensation is not so much being hungry as it is being ill.

What seems to be happening is that I wake up between 2 and 4 AM at night to urinate, and then when I try to go back to sleep, the hunger pangs hit hard.

I have been told that some people who exercise a lot do get up and eat at night due to the increased energy requirement, but I have been hardly exercising at all lately due to the fatigue, so I don’t think that this is the case for me.

I’m hoping to get some advice here from someone who’s been thru what I’m going thru. Thanks to all of you who hang out here and help out your fellow man!

We need to see Lab work. All of it. With Ranges. There are lots of people here who can decifer the labs and possible get to the root cause of your problem.

Clomid is know to raise e2 levels. Excess e2 is know to cause fatigue, or basically washing out the benefits of the increase in Testosterone putting you right back at square one.

Get your e2 levels checked out if you havent already.

We do not even know your age. Please read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with info about you. Take note of the other problems there, low T is a symptom, not a cause.

When someone has thyroid problems and/or adrenal problems, introducing TRT can create restored metabolic demands that the body cannot keep up with. This is what you are describing. Also see ‘thyroid basics’.

Do you have prostate problems?
How much water do you drink and how has that changed? Do you have fasting glucose data?