T Nation

Late Night Food Ideas?

I get off work at 10:30pm. Does anyone have any suggestions on food that would be ok to eat that late at night..I get home and I'm starving. I know no carbs after 8:00 and only high protein and some fat is ok.

No carbs depending on your goals perhaps. IIRC you are reducing fat ? Some pre-cooked chicken and some salad with some oils perhaps ?

yes, i am trying to reduce fat. I get up do some cardio before I eat bk. Most of my carbs are in early part of the day and then are reduced as the day goes...

How's the regime going ?>

Ideas:
1. I usually go with a Metabolic Drive shake w/ a tbsp. of flax. Best bet if you wanna stay away from carbs.

1. If you don't have any Metabolic Drive (great source of micellar casein b4 bed) and dont care as much bout carb, try bout 1/3 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp. of PB, 1/2 scoop of choc. whey, and 1 tbsp. flax seed

2. cottage cheese, splenda, cinnamon, almonds

Tons of possibilities, these are just a few of my favorites, try to get either cottage cheese or casein-based protein

I keep it simple: cup of cottage cheese with nothing in it.

When I'm cutting I usually consume a cup of low-fat cottage cheese,or fat-free,with some fish oil.

That's what i eat most of the time is the cottage chesse..I'm still hungry..but thanks for all your input guys

Well I like to eat a good pound of ground beef and some asparagus (sometimes a potato too!) and then finish off with a nice big protein shake right before bed (by the way, this can be anywhere from 2-4:30am)! But that's me and I don't give a shit. I will say however that when I was eating a chicken pot pie right before bed I felt a little fatter when I woke up (hmmm)...

DD

LoL.You tell them.