Late Night Eating/Measuring Cals

what are the rules on eating before bed? ive heard many different theories and im not sure what to do…

and second is there a website or something somewhere that will give me exactly how many calories are in an egg for instance or a coup of noodles other than the obvious nutrional facts chart on the package b/c sometimes you never know…

Follow what it says on the package…it is usually accurate. If you are still unconvinced, use google “calories in x” and I’m sure you’ll get more than enough answers. Also don’t eat too close till bed. Usually 1-2hours. Well, I’m not completely sure, but thats what I follow.

There is a program called fitday you can download it off the net but i think it most cost money.

I downloaded the torrent so it was free so if you know how to do that look it up on isohut if you dont know how to do that send me a private msg and ill show you how to do it. I am not sure if these forums rules are against the linking of torrents so i wont link it and i cant be fucked reading the rules.

With the eating before bed i think cottage cheese and a teaspoon of peanut butter seems to be the trend, i don’t have the cheese but i just started on the peanut butter last night

If you are looking to see how many cals are in something go to www.fitday.com.

Before bed I eat a slow digesting protein. cottage cheese, casein/whey protein shake, or whey protein with good old peanut butter. my two centavos

I always use nutritiondata.com, it’s pretty detailed.

For gaining mass, some coaches will go so far as to recommend interrupting sleep to drink a protein shake. If you’re trying to drop fat, take it easy on the calories, but still get something down before bed. Casein is usually a good choice. I’ve read that your last meal should be 1-2 hours before sleep; I tend to cut it closer for fear of losing muscle and waking up really hungry.

ok so about what time should i stop eating carbs if i got to bed around 11 or 12?

I pass out around 11 too and cut off the carbs at my post workout meal (7-8PM). Dinner is mainly 10 oz of chicken breast with an avocado with a bag of spring salad.

I’ve been using Nutritiondata.com and entering all the stuff I buy from the store manually in fitday. Before bed I usually have a half cup cottage cheese with 1 scoop protein, and mix it up into a pudding and it doesn’t taste too bad. I usually eat it about a half hour after dinner, so that the calcium doesn’t interfere with the ZMA I take. I got the ZMA from GNC with valerian in it. I’ll wake up like 4 times a night after dreams that feel like they lasted two days straight. It really quite amazing.