Late 40s, No Libido, Existing TRT Patient

Just getting started in the Forum. I’ve read through several of the stickies, but information seems to be disjointed.

I’ve been on pellets for 4 years now. I get the impression that users don’t seem to feel this is the right approach, but cannot find the reasons behind this. Any specific threads to read?

I started the process because of my low libido, a situation that has not improved over the years. I’ll add to my story as I gather more information and test results. I go in for my next round of tests next week before the pellets are inserted a week later. What tests are most relevant to low/lost libido? Since they will be drawing blood, I might as well ask for more information. I’m seeing users post a whole host of results (maybe from a General Health Panel) among others.

Looking forward to discussing. Robert

i think you answered your own question here. Bi-weekly Test injections are the preferred method because its been proven over time.

We need to know what your levels are. You should have good libido if all things are right. I’m 52 and my libido is sky high.

Bi-weekly at 48. I feel like in my 20s.

Thank you for the reply, but I’m not sure that I have answered my own question. Assuming my Free and Total T are in the right range (they shoot for a 3 month level of TT of 1500) and my E2 is correct (mid 20s), I’m guessing a secondary system is still out of whack. Would injections correct this. What would be the next logical system to look at? SHBG, Thyroid, Adrenal. I go in for my retest next week and I can add tests if I know what I’m looking for. I will post all my stats at that time. I just didn’t want pieces here and there.

Your E2 maybe high and causing low libido and possible bitchiness, intolerant, emotional.

With pellets, your levels peak then slowly drop over a couple of months. So your T–>E2 production rates also change. That makes is quite impossible to closely control E2 levels with an Aromatase Inhibitor [AI] such as anastrozole.

TRT is complex and needs to be discussed in different topics.

Eval thyroid function yourself via last paragraph in this post.

E2 is the most common issue needing attention. Thyroid is quite common with guys who come here, most often the cause is not using iodized salt.

Most are magnesium deficient. Often that shows up as crampy leg and foot muscles.

Most need Vit-D3 5000iu to get to optimal levels.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
CBC
hematocrit
AST/ALT
AM cortisol at 8 AM please
PSA
[DRE prostate exam]

Note that these change over time with pellets, so the numbers are largely determined by lab timing, so that really does not tell you much and a change in lab timing produces changes that are somewhat meaningless or misleading:
TT
FT
E2

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.