Late 20s with Low T and Hypothyroid Symptoms

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone for this resource, which has been indispensable in helping to diagnose what is going wrong with me. If possible, I would like some of you to review my profile and provide feedback as you see fit.

Height: 6’3
Waist: 32
Weight: 202
No body hair, but can grow a full goatee. Very sparse beard growth
Fat mostly carried in thighs, buttocks and lower stomach region. Skinny fat
Testicular atrophy, difficulty concentrating, poor erections, numb feeling in penis, receding hairline, gynecomastia, sensitivity to cold, difficulty falling asleep, frequent waking up at night, nonexistent libido, constantly fatigued, severe apathy and lack of motivation

Bloodwork:

Drugs: Rubinol, propecia about 4 years ago
Diet: 40% carbs, 40% fats, 20% protein. Sparingly eat junkfood. Currently in caloric deficit. Carbs are mostly brown rice and potatoes and fruits. Fats from avocados/ guac, brazil nuts, almonds, coconut oil. Protein mostly from chicken, turkey and steak/beef
Training: 3 times a week of weight training
No aching of testes
Morning wood and nocturnal erections are occasional
Waking temp is usually ranging from 97.3-97.5, while mid-afternoon is 97.5-97.9 has continued to climb as I supplement iodine and selenium(5-10 brazil nuts)

Thanks again for reading.

You are taking this?

Long term intake of any drug that contains bromine is dangerous as bromines accumulate in the body, displacing and replacing iodine. High dose iodine can be used to displace and excrete iodine. If large amounts of bromine are displaced, one can have a foul smell and not feel well as serum bromine levels are high during this time. Thyroid function can be impaired by bromines.

CBC looks great. Cholesterol is good.

E2 does not explain gyno.
Prolactin might be a factor with is and low LH/FSH and T.

Low T explains low E2.

TSH is too high, should be closer to 1.0
fT4 is good at mid-range, could be a bit higher.
fT3 is below mid-range and explains your low body temperatures. However, rT3=29.9 isbe a factor and that would involve stress and the adrenals. DHEA is also made in the adrenals.

In the thyroid basics explained thread, find references to:
stress, accidents, illnesses, infections, inflammation
adrenal fatigue
rT3
Wilson’s book

AM cortisol=10 would be lower acceptable. What time of day were these labs done?

Your fatigue is mostly rooted in your thyroid function which is low by body temperatures and compromised by adrenals and rT3. Your cortisol levels may also be low. Training when dealing with these problems is a stress that can make things worse or prevent recovery.

Your focus needs to be on:

• thyroid and adrenal issues. T may recover a bit.
  • prolactin and probable adinoma

How much iodine now and for how long? What was iodine source before?

Your details above suggest that you have never been fully virilized. So T levels have never been great. Prolactin is part of this. You need to have a MRI to see if a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma is there. You do not want that getting large as it would press on the optic nerves. One sign would be a reduction in width of peripheral vision. This can be manages, whether a adinoma can be imaged or not, with 0.5mg/week Dostinex/cabergoline. That will lower prolactin and raise dopamine, which may resolve a level of depression and loss of reward in things that you do. Prolactin can also directly contribute to breast tissue growth. Often these problems are present from an earlier age.

1 Like

this T level and E2 are not so bad in my opinion, they are not perfect but they are decent. problem is somewhere else. check those things which KsMan wrote.

Yes, I take it for hyperhidrosis, had no idea it contained bromine.

I hadn’t thought about prolactin, I will see if I can get my level checked out this week.

These were taken at 1 PM, I know the 24 hr saliva test is a better indicator, but based off of wilson’s diagnostic tests, I am positive I have high cortisol at night and adrenal fatigue.

I started the supplement regime on January 1st. started with 12mg, and added 12mg each week reaching 50mg in the last week of June. From what I have read, it will take about 6 months at 50 mg to resolve my deficiency in Iodine along with the proper co-factors(Dr.Brownstein). I haven’t really had a source before that, besides a brief intake of seaweed for a few weeks last year.

That makes sense as I had the fat distribution problems around middle school in addition to the gyno during puberty. I always thought it would resolve itself, but my symptoms have gotten progressively worse over the years.

I will look into the prolactin link and report back.

high levels of vitamin b12 and folate acid as well as homocysteine might be sign of MTHFR gene mutation (everyboda can check it in laboratory). This mutation can cause weaker conversion from tyrosine to Noradrenaline, adrenaline, dopmanie as well as to thyroid hormones.