Lat Symmetry

Hi guys I’ve always had a very strong back. Just a few weeks ago i noticed my left lat seems to be smaller than the right… The right lat seems to extend down lower on my side and also comes out a little bit more than the left. I’m looking for some tips from any of you guys on how to improve my left lat and help my overall symmetry.

Thanks!

Unilateral pulling. No more barbell rows or lat pulldowns with a straight bar until its fixed.

[quote]coudy1000 wrote:
Hi guys I’ve always had a very strong back. Just a few weeks ago i noticed my left lat seems to be smaller than the right… The right lat seems to extend down lower on my side and also comes out a little bit more than the left. I’m looking for some tips from any of you guys on how to improve my left lat and help my overall symmetry.

Thanks![/quote]

WTF i have this same problem i thought i was the only one.

Could it also be your ability to flair it out? if you have one scapula tighter than the other it would most likely make a visibile difference to your lat spread.

I’ve got the same problem. I decided to just live with it.

I’m not sure… I played baseball for probably 10 years which I pitched alot. I got to thinking about how the motion, when you pitch you extend your arm outward stretching the lat. IDK if that could be the reason my right runs down farther on the side of my body than the left. Since I am right handed… When I do lifts, the bar comes down evenly for the most part and I don’t notice a strength difference between my lats. So I’m not sure how to even them out.!

[quote]coudy1000 wrote:
I’m not sure… I played baseball for probably 10 years which I pitched alot. I got to thinking about how the motion, when you pitch you extend your arm outward stretching the lat. IDK if that could be the reason my right runs down farther on the side of my body than the left. Since I am right handed… When I do lifts, the bar comes down evenly for the most part and I don’t notice a strength difference between my lats. So I’m not sure how to even them out.![/quote]

UNILATERAL PULLING

Dumbell rows
Single arm lat pull downs
1 arm pullovers on the HS pullover
One arm seated rows

Did you ignore my first post for a reason ?

[quote]milimber wrote:
Could it also be your ability to flair it out? if you have one scapula tighter than the other it would most likely make a visibile difference to your lat spread.[/quote]

I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I can easily flair my right, but my left, not so much. I am a hair weaker on my left, but notice a visible difference when I try to flair both.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
coudy1000 wrote:
I’m not sure… I played baseball for probably 10 years which I pitched alot. I got to thinking about how the motion, when you pitch you extend your arm outward stretching the lat. IDK if that could be the reason my right runs down farther on the side of my body than the left. Since I am right handed… When I do lifts, the bar comes down evenly for the most part and I don’t notice a strength difference between my lats. So I’m not sure how to even them out.!

UNILATERAL PULLING

Dumbell rows
One arm seated rows

Did you ignore my first post for a reason ?[/quote]

BONEZ you are one of my favorite posters you always have good info keep it up man.

I’ve got the same deal I think, from behind my back looks symmetrical, by when I post up a front lat spread, it looks so uneven. I’ve chalked it up to lighting, but there’s still a little voice in the back of my head telling me to add in more single-limbed pulling, it might be BONEZ.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
coudy1000 wrote:

UNILATERAL PULLING

Dumbell rows
One arm seated rows

BONEZ you are one of my favorite posters you always have good info keep it up man.

[/quote]

Yeah, he’s a good poster, but that’s just common sense.

[quote]SSC wrote:
The Greek wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
coudy1000 wrote:

UNILATERAL PULLING

Dumbell rows
One arm seated rows

Yeah, he’s a good poster, but that’s just common sense.[/quote]

Yeah, something many people seem to be lacking…

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
SSC wrote:
The Greek wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
coudy1000 wrote:

UNILATERAL PULLING

Dumbell rows
One arm seated rows

Yeah, he’s a good poster, but that’s just common sense.

Yeah, something many people seem to be lacking…[/quote]

I felt he was feeling neglected so i gave him some support…can’t someone give a brotha a compliment jesus.