T Nation

Lat Rubbing?

Does anyone have a good solution to preventing this? The top of my lat rubs against my tricep, right below my armpit. Normally it isn’t too bad but yesterday we had 3 hours of football/lifting, and it got all red and chafed. I don’t want to walk around with my arms sticking out and look like i’m trying to be tough, but this is an annoying problem. If you have this problem, or have an idea, please share.

Extra deoderant? LIke the roll on kind. Just go farther down the lat, should work alright.

Hopefully this isn’t a showoff thread.

Wear UnderArmor and you won’t have to worry about “lat rubbing” or whatever, as the shirt provides plenty of close cushioning.

How about the stuff runners use on their legs? Bodyglide, I think.

Gain some weight.

[quote]iSkwat2Eat wrote:
Hopefully this isn’t a showoff thread.

Wear UnderArmor and you won’t have to worry about “lat rubbing” or whatever, as the shirt provides plenty of close cushioning.[/quote]

no, it isn’t.
Underarmor is expensive, and i can’t afford to spend money on lots of extraneous items, i have to save for car insurance and college. Otherwise i would. thanks for the input.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
How about the stuff runners use on their legs? Bodyglide, I think.[/quote]

haven’t heard of that…thanks, i’ll look it up.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Gain some weight.[/quote]

and that will help my problem how? oh wait, you were just being an ass, nevermind.

p.s. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if q and R were eliminated.

and I have, 20lbs since i started.

Cheapo Walmart brand “Underarmor” works just as well.

i know someone that uses body glide for that reason check it out, also if u have under armour on it should prevent it too, or just not baggy ass shirts that leave room from sleeve to back

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
Gain some weight.

and that will help my problem how? oh wait, you were just being an ass, nevermind.

p.s. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if q and R were eliminated.

and I have, 20lbs since i started.[/quote]

Oh boy, aren’t you a witty one.

I actually was serious. Thicken up and you won’t have that problem. You’re a fucking bean pole.

Can’t wait for your next snappy come back.

Cheap ass compression shirts work fine. If you can’t find body glide, try Petrolium Jelly.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
Oh boy, aren’t you a witty one.

I actually was serious. Thicken up and you won’t have that problem. You’re a fucking bean pole.

Can’t wait for your next snappy come back.[/quote]

I don’t see how it would help to gain weight. Unless you mean fat. It’s muscle rubbing muscle. If i gain weight, those muscles will each grow larger, causing even less room between them and more rubbing. Unless i’m not understanding you correctly, in which case, please, enlighten me.

Your perception of the human male must be slightly askew, seeing as i’m in the median healthy weight range for males of my height and age. I have a lower than average fat content, which makes me look smaller, but I’m not underweight.

And, as i said, i’ve gained 20lbs since i started and am trying to put on more. I’m not eating 3000+cals a day and drinking 1/2-1 gallons of milk a day for the sake of maintaining the same weight.

I’ll try the compression shirts/cheap underarmor idea, while keeping an eye out for some bodyglide. thanks for the input people.

This ever happen before? I ask cause sometimes things like this that happen randomly seem to just sort themselves out.

This ever happen before? I ask cause sometimes things like this that happen randomly seem to just sort themselves out.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

I don’t see how it would help to gain weight. Unless you mean fat. It’s muscle rubbing muscle. If i gain weight, those muscles will each grow larger, causing even less room between them and more rubbing. Unless i’m not understanding you correctly, in which case, please, enlighten me.

Your perception of the human male must be slightly askew, seeing as i’m in the median healthy weight range for males of my height and age. I have a lower than average fat content, which makes me look smaller, but I’m not underweight.

And, as i said, i’ve gained 20lbs since i started and am trying to put on more. I’m not eating 3000+cals a day and drinking 1/2-1 gallons of milk a day for the sake of maintaining the same weight.
[/quote]

You’re a little fucking smart ass.

Listen, jackalope. I can bent over row from the floor for 3x5 50#'s more than you state you can deadift 1X. I would wager I have thicker and wider lats than you do. What do you think?

I don’t have the same problem as my lats are actually behing my arms. They don’t rub.

I will state again. Thicken up, Sally. Quit acting like a badass. Relative to some of the folks who post here you are a boy among men.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:

You’re a little fucking smart ass.

Listen, jackalope. I can bent over row from the floor for 3x5 50#'s more than you state you can deadift 1X. I would wager I have thicker and wider lats than you do. What do you think?

I don’t have the same problem as my lats are actually behing my arms. They don’t rub.

I will state again. Thicken up, Sally. Quit acting like a badass. Relative to some of the folks who post here you are a boy among men.

[/quote]

You need to calm down, buddy. I’m not trying to attack you.
I admit, your physique must be impressive if you can bent over row 415 3x5 (315+2 50’s). You may have thicker and wider lats, i don’t know for sure. why don’t you have pictures posted?

all i know is, my lats stick out more than an inch past my ribcage unflexed, and they rub on my arms.

Indeed, your lats are behind your arms, thanks for the anatomy lesson. The problem is, I can’t manage to play football without moving my arms. It’s mildly difficult. When i pump them, they rub and chafe. Hence-my problem.

I’m not trying to act like a badass. and by the way, I AM a fucking boy among men, you twit. I’m 17, hence not a legal adult. I know you mean size-wise, however, and my response to that is-do you really expect someone who’s been lifting for 7 months to be bigger than people who’ve been lifting for years?

respond if you want. I’ve got work from 6-5pm tomorrow, i’ll reply if you feel like being angry again.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

You need to calm down, buddy. I’m not trying to attack you.
I admit, your physique must be impressive if you can bent over row 415 3x5 (315+2 50’s). You may have thicker and wider lats, i don’t know for sure. why don’t you have pictures posted?

all i know is, my lats stick out more than an inch past my ribcage unflexed, and they rub on my arms.

Indeed, your lats are behind your arms, thanks for the anatomy lesson. The problem is, I can’t manage to play football without moving my arms. It’s mildly difficult. When i pump them, they rub and chafe. Hence-my problem.

I’m not trying to act like a badass. and by the way, I AM a fucking boy among men, you twit. I’m 17, hence not a legal adult. I know you mean size-wise, however, and my response to that is-do you really expect someone who’s been lifting for 7 months to be bigger than people who’ve been lifting for years?

respond if you want. I’ve got work from 6-5pm tomorrow, i’ll reply if you feel like being angry again.[/quote]

I don’t have pictures posted b/c I am a PL. Not an attention whore.

You started this whole thing, asshat. You’re a skinny little cunt. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thicken up a little and report back, Junior.

I have trained HS girls who lift more than you at a BW similar, so don’t try to be a martyr. Just aknowledge the reality of your skinny little situation and STFU.

Either that, or ask the moderator to move this to the Beginners forum where you can probably get away with running your mouth like a little girl.

It certainly does not belong on the Strength Sports forum. Pussy.

By the sounds of things maybe the OP has a case of externally rotated shoulders?

TS perhaps you do too much upper back rowing exercises as compared to pushing exercises.

I know it sounds weird but in this case doing more barbell benching might actually help.