T Nation

Lat, Rhomboid Symmetry Problems

Ok, so here is my problem. I used to be a previous athlete, and I been lifting a lot of weights. But I had a lot of pain in my back, legs and etc.

Earlier this year I went to a chiropractor, and she found out I had a couple of dislocated diccs in my spine. One of these discs being paralell to my left shoulderblade.

This has lead to lack of nerve signal, which now should be fixed I believe, or in much better working function at least. This has lead to my left lat being much smaller than my right one, and the rhomboid area of my left back feels really sore, as in that being deep muscular pain.

This has also lead to my left trapesius muscle being a little stiff, due to the fact that i believe it has been overcompensating for my lat and rhomboid in keeping the shoulder in place and so on. Thus my left scapula seems to wing out slightly when I do pulldown exercises.

Also the left lat feels slightly as it goes a little bit lower than my right, and ends a little bit lower as well, dunno if this is simply due to it being much less developed or what not.

If I happened to have a digital camera, I guess it would have given a more visual picture of the matter, but unfortunately I dont happen to have a camera with me right now.

So my goal is obviously to fix this issue, and build lats with even proportions, as well as for my whole back area.

So I wonder, if anyone here is able to give any expert tips on this matter, or general suggestions. Any help would be very much appreciated, as I feel this is sort of a pressing issue for me ;p

Also i wonder, to what degree would a cycle of roids help even this out, or would I need to do more work on the back or so before this would help to its max potential.

[quote]dicord wrote:
Ok, so here is my problem. I used to be a previous athlete, and I been lifting a lot of weights. But I had a lot of pain in my back, legs and etc.

Earlier this year I went to a chiropractor, and she found out I had a couple of dislocated spinal cords. One spinal cord being paralell to my left shoulderblade. This has lead to lack of nerve signal, which now should be fixed I believe, or in much better working function at least.

This has lead to my left lat being much smaller than my right one, and the rhomboid area of my left back feels really sore, as in that being deep muscular pain. This has also lead to my left trapesius muscle being a little stiff, due to the fact that i believe it has been overcompensating for my lat and rhomboid in keeping the shoulder in place and so on.

Thus my left scapula seems to wing out slightly when I do pulldown exercises. Also the left lat feels slightly as it goes a little bit lower than my right, and ends a little bit lower as well, dunno if this is simply due to it being much less developed or what not.

If I happened to have a digital camera, I guess it would have given a more visual picture of the matter, but unfortunately I dont happen to have a camera with me right now.

So my goal is obviously to fix this issue, and build lats with even proportions, as well as for my whole back area.

So I wonder, if anyone here is able to give any expert tips on this matter, or general suggestions. Any help would be very much appreciated, as I feel this is sort of a pressing issue for me ;p

Also i wonder, to what degree would a cycle of roids help even this out, or would I need to do more work on the back or so before this would help to its max potential.[/quote]

just curious, how did you fix your intial problem?

Most of the pain was taken away with chiropractic work, readjustment of my spine. I used to have huge pains when I lifted my left leg, something which is not there anymore.

So now it seems to be mostly muscular issues i am facing, bet all that muscle fiber is a little tired and wore down from being put under pressure for a long time, and having lack of nerve signal input.