Last Pope Warning

The United States has to reject Christianity. A society based on rational egoism can’t embrace a moral code based on causeless self-sacrifice.

Jesus…or America. Choose.

Yeah, go right ahead to the heavily religious African American Communities and
pass out flyers with that message…see if they’ll be interested in your comments.

I’m guessing you are white…Every fuckin’ atheist in America I’ve met are white,
that’s curious thing, you guys have heavy proclivity to being atheist, kinda like
the almost all white, mostly athiest audience that attend the Bill Maher show,
every time Bill spouts out about religion, his anglo audience claps like Seals.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Eh, don’t mean to be the monkey wrench in the machine, but free will and determinism… They don’t seem to work well together.

Most doomsday scenario’s involve man really messing up… Well, man is supposed to have free will… So, these prophecies would seem to be heretic. Maybe you guys should go after these heretics that are trying to say you don’t have free will.

They are spreading the word of the devil, so you should go try and save their souls. [/quote]

Severiano, would you like to give your life to Christ today?[/quote]

Nah, if there is a God and he’s worth half a crap, we will be judged by how we conduct ourselves, regardless of our faith. What I see with faith is people doing the right thing out of fear, or doing what they think is right out of fear. I do things because they are right, and because I care. If that’s not good enough for God, I don’t want to be part of it, he can stick with all his fearful sheep.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
So if this prophecy is crap or false why then is he a Saint?[/quote]

He was made a saint before someone forged a private revelation?

This would be like you dying and someone forging a document you write 500 years later, then 500 years after the forgery people take it seriously.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Along the same lines, I’ve always wondered why it’s all the Saints of the past that
were the one with the coolest miracles…the one’s now, Don’t…why?
For example St Joseph Of Cupertino allegedly had the gift of Levitation,
I can imagine if ANY one person had that real ability short of a Criss Angel Magic Trick
TODAY…PRESENT DAY… anyone with Cupertino’s ability would shock the world if there was
video evidence to capture it!

So why is it that ALL the Supernatural stuff that would have looked SUPER COOL on Video
from the PAST “Saints” all in the past, and there’s nothing we can see and GASP at present day
from Saints?
Because these lack of these ultra Miraculous Saints present day makes one Rrrreally skeptical
now of the alleged abilities super cool Saints of the past, and why should anyone
believe that they did these super cool things in the first place?
[/quote]

There are plenty of miracles today. But, ultimately they are signs…they aren’t the goal they are representative of something greater than themselves. So why live for them?

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Nah, if there is a God and he’s worth half a crap, we will be judged by how we conduct ourselves, regardless of our faith.[/quote]

Partially correct, but no one conducts himself above reproach. Have you lusted, have you envied, have you disobeyed your parents, have you used the Lord’s name in vain, &c.

Justice is owed to God, that demands a sacrifice. So, you’re right, we’re judge by how we follow his commandments but we’re also judged whether we have joined out sacrifices to the sacrifice of the Son.

That is possible, that is less that optimal. People tend to throw the baby out with the bath water. Doing things out of fear, you’re at least doing them. That is better than not doing the right thing. However, most people I know do things out of Love of God and neighbor.

Everything?

He doesn’t want fearful sheep. His only command is to love God and neighbor…

Anyway, I’m curious. Does God play any part in your life (prayer, relationship, &c.) or what?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Yeah, go right ahead to the heavily religious African American Communities and
pass out flyers with that message…see if they’ll be interested in your comments.

I’m guessing you are white…Every fuckin’ atheist in America I’ve met are white,
that’s curious thing, you guys have heavy proclivity to being atheist, kinda like
the almost all white, mostly athiest audience that attend the Bill Maher show,
every time Bill spouts out about religion, his anglo audience claps like Seals. [/quote]

Shhh…God is sleeping…the Pope says so…ssshhhhh…

Figure it out – why would God speak to pedos and guys who launder money for the Mafia? Only direct revelation and your own reading from the Bible is how one knows God. All these churches are false idols. God says quite clearly about how pissed He will be if people worship false idols.

You have valid points sometimes headhunter, I have huge issues with a lot of
Catholic related things, disturbing things like the occultic way the Architecture
of The Vatican is laid out, and this little known supposed sighting…“Miracle Of The Sun, The Sequel!”
This is nuts…How can one be converted to this denomination with all this STUFF??
I couldn’t make this up if I tried.
WTF is goin’ on?
Older article, nevertheless an alleged major event for this Pope
back then anyway, IF he’s telling the truth…IDK

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Shhh…God is sleeping…the Pope says so…ssshhhhh…[/quote]

When did the Pope say this?

[quote] Figure it out – why would God speak to pedos and guys who launder money for the Mafia? Only direct revelation and your own reading from the Bible is how one knows God. All these churches are false idols. God says quite clearly about how pissed He will be if people worship false idols.
[/quote]

I don’t even know what you’re talking about here, when did God supposedly talk to pedos and guys who launder money? And who are these pedos and money launders?

[quote]Karado wrote:
You have valid points sometimes headhunter, I have huge issues with a lot of
Catholic related things, disturbing things like the occultic way the Architecture
of The Vatican is laid out, and this little known supposed sighting…“Miracle Of The Sun, The Sequel!”
This is nuts…How can one be converted to this denomination with all this STUFF??
I couldn’t make this up if I tried.
WTF is goin’ on?
Older article, nevertheless an alleged major event for this Pope
back then anyway, IF he’s telling the truth…IDK

[/quote]

Little known sighting? 100,000 people saw it and many more people heard about it. Everyone knows about Our Lady of Fatima…

That was the 1917 event, the linked article was mainly about the UFO sighting in 1950.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Nah, if there is a God and he’s worth half a crap, we will be judged by how we conduct ourselves, regardless of our faith.[/quote]

Partially correct, but no one conducts himself above reproach. Have you lusted, have you envied, have you disobeyed your parents, have you used the Lord’s name in vain, &c.

Justice is owed to God, that demands a sacrifice. So, you’re right, we’re judge by how we follow his commandments but we’re also judged whether we have joined out sacrifices to the sacrifice of the Son.

That is possible, that is less that optimal. People tend to throw the baby out with the bath water. Doing things out of fear, you’re at least doing them. That is better than not doing the right thing. However, most people I know do things out of Love of God and neighbor.

Everything?

He doesn’t want fearful sheep. His only command is to love God and neighbor…

Anyway, I’m curious. Does God play any part in your life (prayer, relationship, &c.) or what?[/quote]

I think I’ve told you that my mother and sister are still very Catholic, well Mexican style Catholic, there is a difference no matter what you say… Guadalupe, gory crucifix, Pozole on Sunday are all very Mexican Catholic. I’m still somewhat of a Guadalupano if that means anything to you. I know what the Spanish did, I know what the Church did. :)I studied it quite a bit in school. There is a reason there were African slaves in Mexico, whether you want to believe it or not, is up to you, but it’s the fault of the Vatican along with the Spanish.

I don’t know if there is a God, I don’t have faith in God, but I have hope there is a mostly good, and just God. I’m very aware of what faith is, I’m at a point where I have such disregard for the Church as an institution that if I ever do gain faith, it will be outside of some kind of organized religion.

Organized religion appeals by force and fear, it’s the most prevalent and wide spread, and old Ad Baculum that ever was, and that goes for most religions that have a heaven and hell. The way it worked, believe and go to Church and you might be able to get to heaven where everything good is, or you go to hell for eternity (eternally butt raped by John Holmes with Aids) and beyond what you are even capable of imagining bad is. It’s the traditional dichotomy. Eternal suffering and anguish beyond your tiny minds, or eternal goods with your father who loves you, God.

How, is that not threatening? How does this not appeal to fear? Way easier to believe there is a heaven and hell, than to imagine everything just ends. And it’s way easier to imagine there is a judge at the end of it all who will set things right. But what is right? You spend between a couple minutes to a hundred or so years, and what you do in that time determines where your soul will spend it’s eternity… Really, I didn’t go to Church or believe in God, so I’m going to be eternally sodomized in hell? That’s not an Ad Baculum? That’s not treating me like a sheep? Come on maaan!

And, being born into religion, how is it not horribly difficult to deal with feelings like the forlorness and all that shit that comes with losing faith? I really believed there was a heaven and hell, and I was afraid as shit of doing the wrong things, to the point I felt I was doomed to hell, resigned and accepted it even. Then, at some point I wondered why I still felt horrible when I did bad things? For me, when I still felt badly for doing bad things I lost my faith.

Then when I lost my faith, I felt horrible, imagining my loved ones who passed and will eventually pass away were, or will actually be dead and gone, and that there isn’t some eternal soul. This was one of the most awful things I ever experienced, it was very hard to deal with, and I’m sure it is for most people who lose their faith. It’s one of the reasons I believe people hold onto their faith, because it hurts too much to think, and imagine the implications if there isn’t a heaven. There isn’t some father upstairs that will make everything right, judge fairly and do justice when we die.

We don’t, and we can’t know these things for sure (whether there is or isn’t a God). All I know is, given the history of the Vatican and their roll in violence, slavery, not speaking up for those who are weak and letting the powerful have their way, I’m convinced that it isn’t an instrument of God, maybe it was at some point in the past, but it hasn’t been for hundreds of years.

So, within me there is great hope for a truly just, and mostly good thing that may exist within, or outside of time that will allow us to continue to exist somehow and judge us according to whats in our “hearts” and how we roll/ conduct ourselves, how genuine we really are. I’m not perfect, I fuck up a lot, but I try. I’m not without fear, rather I’ve learned to stand up to it.

And, I’ll do what I can to be a good person in spite of my lack of faith/ God. I don’t need a God or consequences to do the right thing.

But, when I see some bullshit from the vatican, there are books the Vatican excludes, I’ll check them out, purchase them for my sister and mother… Mostly things like Gospel of Thomas, and gnostic stuff.

Everyone knows about Our Lady of Fatima…[/quote]

What is the Our Lady of Fatima? I did hear about a siting of Mary on a piece of toast that sold on Ebay. Is that the same thing?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote] Figure it out – why would God speak to pedos and guys who launder money for the Mafia? Only direct revelation and your own reading from the Bible is how one knows God. All these churches are false idols. God says quite clearly about how pissed He will be if people worship false idols.
[/quote]

I don’t even know what you’re talking about here, when did God supposedly talk to pedos and guys who launder money? And who are these pedos and money launders?[/quote]

“Pope Benedict says it sometimes felt like ‘God was asleep’ in final audience.”

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/thousands-flock-to-farewell-pope-benedict/story-fndir2ev-1226587194553#ixzz2ML5lEZ4I

“As chairman of the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), Ernst von Freyberg will head efforts to improve the image of the Vatican’s bank which is under investigation for money laundering and has been without a head for nine months.”

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/15/us-vatican-bank-head-idUSBRE91E0N520130215

Just read your Bible or for me, the Gita.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Everyone knows about Our Lady of Fatima…[/quote]

What is the Our Lady of Fatima? I did hear about a siting of Mary on a piece of toast that sold on Ebay. Is that the same thing?[/quote]

No, if you can’t bother to know what Fatima, Portugal is I can’t help you much besides directing you to the local library.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t even know what you’re talking about here, when did God supposedly talk to pedos and guys who launder money? And who are these pedos and money launders?[/quote]

“Pope Benedict says it sometimes felt like ‘God was asleep’ in final audience.” [/quote]

Mark 4:38…Jesus is sleeping in a boat while their is a storm. I’m surprised you don’t remember from Sunday School when you were faithful Catholic.

[quote]
“As chairman of the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), Ernst von Freyberg will head efforts to improve the image of the Vatican’s bank which is under investigation for money laundering and has been without a head for nine months.”[/quote]

I don’t think any of these men claim that God talks to them, nor are they part of the magisterium.