T Nation

Last Pope Warning

Were Catholic Mystics St. Malachy and Jesuit Priest Rene Thibeaut correct that the next Pope will be the last?
You decide…time will definitely tell, personally I’m sticking with the Scriptures
nevertheless I would be remiss not to post this very interesting and riveting vids
about it.

And the pope resigned

Exactly.

St. Malachy’s quote on the next Pope:

“In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit
Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.”

I hope he is still wrong, but his track record on the previous
Popes seem to indicate otherwise…some of them seem like a bit of a
stretch maybe, IDK for sure, and after the Biblical John Of Patmos, there has never been a extra
biblical prophet since the Bible that has been an absolute 100% certain word of prophecy anyway.
Not one…Not even Nostradamus (lol), who used “scrying” as his method for the Biblically
forbidden practice of divination.
Question is, If Malachy is proven wrong, can a Canonized Saint like Malachy be De-Canonized later, or is he still considered a Saint by Catholics even though he was greatly mistaken in his prognostication?

Has it occurred to you that all this “stuff” you are constantly dwelling on is just a way for you to run away from God? If you are His it will NOT work. I promise.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Has it occurred to you that all this “stuff” you are constantly dwelling on is just a way for you to run away from God? If you are His it will NOT work. I promise.[/quote]

As long as the Vicar does not choose Peter II, no problems.

Well that would be either scary or just coincidental if they happen to choose a “Peter” as St. Malachy appears to prophesy the last pope by name “Peter The Roman”.
It’s the only time Malachy does this in all of his minimal descriptions of successive
Popes, with Benedict described as “the Glory of the Olive” The Benedictine Order known as the Olivetans has as its symbol the olive branch. The current pope though not of that order, chose as his name Benedict XVI.

A leading candidate is Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, the Cardinal secretary of state, who was born in Romano, Italy. His name could, therefore, be rendered Peter the Roman.

Another Peter on the list is Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana, the current president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.

In any case, Catholics believe the pope inhabits the “Petrine office” as a successor of the apostle Peter.

Other candidates on the list are Francis Arinze, Angelo Scola, Gianfranco Ravasi, Leonardo Sandri, Ennio Antonelli, Jean-Louis Tauran, Christoph Schonborn and Marc Quellet.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Has it occurred to you that all this “stuff” you are constantly dwelling on is just a way for you to run away from God? If you are His it will NOT work. I promise.[/quote]

As long as the Vicar does not choose Peter II, no problems.[/quote]

If they vote me, I’ll pick Peter II just for funsies.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Well that would be either scary or just coincidental if they happen to choose a “Peter” as St. Malachy appears to prophesy the last pope by name “Peter The Roman”.
It’s the only time Malachy does this in all of his minimal descriptions of successive
Popes, with Benedict described as “the Glory of the Olive” The Benedictine Order known as the Olivetans has as its symbol the olive branch. The current pope though not of that order, chose as his name Benedict XVI.

A leading candidate is Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, the Cardinal secretary of state, who was born in Romano, Italy. His name could, therefore, be rendered Peter the Roman.

Another Peter on the list is Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana, the current president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.

In any case, Catholics believe the pope inhabits the “Petrine office” as a successor of the apostle Peter.

Other candidates on the list are Francis Arinze, Angelo Scola, Gianfranco Ravasi, Leonardo Sandri, Ennio Antonelli, Jean-Louis Tauran, Christoph Schonborn and Marc Quellet.

[/quote]

Cardinal Dolan, Cardinal Schonborn.

What do you think the chances are that this time they’ll actually screen for someone who was least involved in the molestation scandals (unlike Ratzinger)?

Cardinal Timothy Dolan as a candidate Brother Chris??

From what uninformed rag did you read that fairy tale? That man has a snowball’s chance in the Vatican of ever becoming Pope, with America being a superpower and all, lest anyone forget his claim to fame was his handling of the sexual abuse allegations, paying off priests to leave the priesthood instead of reporting them to the police should disqualify him enough, wouldn’t you agree?

So let me get this straight.

A name is predicted for the next Pope. This name is very popular among Christianity, like Mohammed in Islam or Ahmeds and Akbars Takeaway in England.

This so-called prophecy then cites how it will somehow be the End of Days.

Got to love religion.

Not a far cry from Hogwarts eh’ Harry?

[quote]Damici wrote:
What do you think the chances are that this time they’ll actually screen for someone who was least involved in the molestation scandals (unlike Ratzinger)?
[/quote]

How was Ratzinger involved in the molestation scandals, again?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Cardinal Timothy Dolan as a candidate Brother Chris??

From what uninformed rag did you read that fairy tale? That man has a snowball’s chance in the Vatican of ever becoming Pope, with America being a superpower and all, lest anyone forget his claim to fame was his handling of the sexual abuse allegations, paying off priests to leave the priesthood instead of reporting them to the police should disqualify him enough, wouldn’t you agree?[/quote]

When did he pay off priests? Got something for me to read?

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
So let me get this straight.

A name is predicted for the next Pope. This name is very popular among Christianity, like Mohammed in Islam or Ahmeds and Akbars Takeaway in England.

This so-called prophecy then cites how it will somehow be the End of Days.

Got to love religion.[/quote]

The only person (I have met) who takes this prophecy seriously is the OP and those who seem to find themselves outside of the Church.

So if this prophecy is crap or false why then is he a Saint?

Along the same lines, I’ve always wondered why it’s all the Saints of the past that
were the one with the coolest miracles…the one’s now, Don’t…why?
For example St Joseph Of Cupertino allegedly had the gift of Levitation,
I can imagine if ANY one person had that real ability short of a Criss Angel Magic Trick
TODAY…PRESENT DAY… anyone with Cupertino’s ability would shock the world if there was
video evidence to capture it!

So why is it that ALL the Supernatural stuff that would have looked SUPER COOL on Video
from the PAST “Saints” all in the past, and there’s nothing we can see and GASP at present day
from Saints?
Because these lack of these ultra Miraculous Saints present day makes one Rrrreally skeptical
now of the alleged abilities super cool Saints of the past, and why should anyone
believe that they did these super cool things in the first place?

Eh, don’t mean to be the monkey wrench in the machine, but free will and determinism… They don’t seem to work well together.

Most doomsday scenario’s involve man really messing up… Well, man is supposed to have free will… So, these prophecies would seem to be heretic. Maybe you guys should go after these heretics that are trying to say you don’t have free will.

They are spreading the word of the devil, so you should go try and save their souls.

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Eh, don’t mean to be the monkey wrench in the machine, but free will and determinism… They don’t seem to work well together.

Most doomsday scenario’s involve man really messing up… Well, man is supposed to have free will… So, these prophecies would seem to be heretic. Maybe you guys should go after these heretics that are trying to say you don’t have free will.

They are spreading the word of the devil, so you should go try and save their souls. [/quote]

Severiano, would you like to give your life to Christ today?