Last ? ON Dairy

Okay, I promise this is the last question on dairy from me for a while, but this is what I was wondering.

Assuming you are not lactose intolerant, like me, is there any difference in terms of body composition if you were to get carbs from dairy instead of oats. For example, if for a year you ate 1 c. cottage cheese with 2 tsp preserves for sweetness (12g. carbs total) with 1 sugar free hot chocolate (8 g. carbs) and a bowl of berries for breakfast instead of a comparable amount of oatmeal and berries would there be any difference in your fat gains? And why?

Thanks!

I’m not sure how much of a difference it makes, but dairy typically has a greater insulin response, plus it doesn’t have the fiber found in oats.

I think way to many people underestimate the importance of fiber for getting and staying relatively lean.

it depends on how sensitive you are to carbs, timing, your current physical state, etc. but another important factor is the micronutrient balance. if you are not taking in enough micronutrients in the proper porportions, your metabolism will suffer.