T Nation

Last Night Was First Injection!

So, after the advice of a few vets on this board, bushy…buffd_samurai, prisoner22…I had my wife give me my first injection last night. A word of advice for newbies out there, don’t buy ampoules for your first time. The first amp I touched, if you read in the other post, I tried to “snap” the top off. Well, I smashed the top of it into a million glass shards.

I read posts and articles suggesting it could have been pre-notched so snapping the top of would be a “snap”. I also read to use a file to provide your own “notch” where you would like to break the amp. I tried this also, but again broke the next one in similar fashion. I work as a technician at a dealership, so I am going to try a tubing cutter or possibly go buy a glass cutter/notcher. If someone has an easier solution, by all means throw it out there please.

Anyway, after reading all of the posts by others regarding their first time, I wasn’t nervous about the injection at all. I almost felt like I had done it before as I lived through each experience as I read. My wife, who is very supportive was the one who actually did the injection. 250mg of Test E went in nice and smoothly. I used a 23g pin and heated the test before injection. Zero pain, very simple.

I of course had her aspirate before injection, and she went very slow. A hot shower followed and so far, absolutely zero pain. Drawing the Test into the syringe from a 23g needle and a tiny little fucking ampoule was a bastard. It took probably 3 minutes of being very careful not to knock the amp over. If anyone is curious, the cycle is as follows:

Weeks 1-10: 500mg/wk (tuesday and friday injections at 250mg)
weeks 2-10: .25mg/E3D Arimidex
week 10(tuesday injection 250mg)
Week 10(friday injection 100mg)
week 11(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg).10mg E3D Arimidex
week 12(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg).10mg E3D Arimidex
week 13(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg)
Week 14(tuesday injection 40mg, friday injection 40mg)
week 15(tuesday injection 25mg, friday injection 25mg
Nolva 20mg ED
week 16(tuesday injection 25mg, friday injection 25mg) Nolva 20mg ED
week 17 nolva 20mg ed
week 18 nolva 20mg ed
week 19 nolva 10mg ed
week 20 nolva 10mg ed

I’ll keep a log as otehrs have about gains etc. I will post before and after pics.

Craig

I am far from an expert my friend and only etting ready to start my second cycle but one thind to me looks painfully obvious and I might be wrong, but why back to back injections on thursday and then friday. As far as I know, the goal of twice weekly injections, or any injection scheme for the matter, is to maintain level blood levels. You would accomplish this better by spliting to possible E3D.

[quote]Stiddy wrote:
I am far from an expert my friend and only etting ready to start my second cycle but one thind to me looks painfully obvious and I might be wrong, but why back to back injections on thursday and then friday. As far as I know, the goal of twice weekly injections, or any injection scheme for the matter, is to maintain level blood levels. You would accomplish this better by spliting to possible E3D.[/quote]

you are completely correct, it was a typo…good catch. It is supposed to say TUESDAY and not thursday at the top.

Craig

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
craig_4g63 wrote:
So, after the advice of a few vets on this board, bushy…buffd_samurai, prisoner22…I had my wife give me my first injection last night. A word of advice for newbies out there, don’t buy ampoules for your first time. The first amp I touched, if you read in the other post, I tried to “snap” the top off. Well, I smashed the top of it into a million glass shards.

I read posts and articles suggesting it could have been pre-notched so snapping the top of would be a “snap”. I also read to use a file to provide your own “notch” where you would like to break the amp. I tried this also, but again broke the next one in similar fashion. I work as a technician at a dealership, so I am going to try a tubing cutter or possibly go buy a glass cutter/notcher. If someone has an easier solution, by all means throw it out there please.

Anyway, after reading all of the posts by others regarding their first time, I wasn’t nervous about the injection at all. I almost felt like I had done it before as I lived through each experience as I read. My wife, who is very supportive was the one who actually did the injection. 250mg of Test E went in nice and smoothly. I used a 23g pin and heated the test before injection. Zero pain, very simple.

I of course had her aspirate before injection, and she went very slow. A hot shower followed and so far, absolutely zero pain. Drawing the Test into the syringe from a 23g needle and a tiny little fucking ampoule was a bastard. It took probably 3 minutes of being very careful not to knock the amp over. If anyone is curious, the cycle is as follows:

Weeks 1-10: 500mg/wk (tuesday and friday injections at 250mg)
weeks 2-10: .25mg/E3D Arimidex
week 10(tuesday injection 250mg)
Week 10(friday injection 100mg)
week 11(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg).10mg E3D Arimidex
week 12(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg).10mg E3D Arimidex
week 13(tuesday injection 50mg, friday injection 50mg)
Week 14(tuesday injection 40mg, friday injection 40mg)
week 15(tuesday injection 25mg, friday injection 25mg
Nolva 20mg ED
week 16(tuesday injection 25mg, friday injection 25mg) Nolva 20mg ED
week 17 nolva 20mg ed
week 18 nolva 20mg ed
week 19 nolva 10mg ed
week 20 nolva 10mg ed

I’ll keep a log as otehrs have about gains etc. I will post before and after pics.

Craig

It looks damn solid to me Craig. You did your homework well, and I look forward to your log. Can't wait to see you start slingin iron around like it's childs play bro. 

ToneBone[/quote]

Thanks tone…tonights workout was pretty damn good. Obviously the test hasn’t “kicked” in and mostly placebo at this point, but I simply wasn’t getting tired at the end of the workout…kept going and going.

Craig

Right on brotha, test is awesome you and your wife should both enjoy. Lol. On a side note, I have an opposite opinion about the amps. My first experience was with amps and I thought it was very helpful only having to deal with a single ml at a time. I felt that it really prevented me from messing up too badly measurement wise or losing too much gear because I couldnt just redraw more gear if I messed up, but I also never had the problem you had with stuff falling in the amp. It also makes you appreciate vials more when you make the switch.

Good luck w/ the cycle
Dean

[quote]dean12345 wrote:
Right on brotha, test is awesome you and your wife should both enjoy. Lol. On a side note, I have an opposite opinion about the amps. My first experience was with amps and I thought it was very helpful only having to deal with a single ml at a time. I felt that it really prevented me from messing up too badly measurement wise or losing too much gear because I couldnt just redraw more gear if I messed up, but I also never had the problem you had with stuff falling in the amp. It also makes you appreciate vials more when you make the switch.

Good luck w/ the cycle
Dean[/quote]

Thanks Dean…yea, next cycle I am going to stay far away from amp’s, unless I get the hang of them.

Craig

Yayy!!!

Welcome to the other side Craig.

Craig good shit dude, if its a pain to draw up with the blue 23G then get a green or pink needle to draw up with and then pop a blue on for the injection.

Also I have recently learnt you really should use a filter needle when drawing up from and amp in case of glass particles getting into the test upon opening especially as you havent quite got the knack of ‘popping the top off’ yet, what may help is buying an ampule cutter too, this scores the glass on the indented rim and makes it easier to ‘pop’ the top off cleanly

I have had probably over 100 injections drawn from amps and never used a filter needle, but if I can find some pink 18G filter needles I will use them on my next course just in case.

Glad that your wife is supporting you on this, does she realise just how much of a sex pest you are going to become in a few weeks time though? :slight_smile:

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
Craig good shit dude, if its a pain to draw up with the blue 23G then get a green or pink needle to draw up with and then pop a blue on for the injection.

Also I have recently learnt you really should use a filter needle when drawing up from and amp in case of glass particles getting into the test upon opening especially as you havent quite got the knack of ‘popping the top off’ yet, what may help is buying an ampule cutter too, this scores the glass on the indented rim and makes it easier to ‘pop’ the top off cleanly

I have had probably over 100 injections drawn from amps and never used a filter needle, but if I can find some pink 18G filter needles I will use them on my next course just in case.

Glad that your wife is supporting you on this, does she realise just how much of a sex pest you are going to become in a few weeks time though? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

hahahaha, yea…I have informed her that she is going to have to “get in the mood” more often. So, bushy is the greatest man alive. He gave me some advice on how to open the ampoules and it worked great.

Mine came with a green dot on them, so what he told me to do was use a sharp serrated knife, “saw” back and forth about 10 times at the neck of the amp where it reduces in size to create a notch. Then, as the dot is facing toward you snap away from your body. This worked great, it broke cleanly this time and no worries about glass and any kind of contamination. Injection when wife gets home…I would do it myself, but after reading others posts I think utilizing another person to inject is much smarter.

The needle won’t move around at all, they can aspirate and watch much more closely and control the fluid all the way in. My last injection hasn’t hurt at all, no pain whatsoever at injection site.

Craig

I might have to borrow your wife for Delt shots, Craig. My coordination is awful.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

Awesome deal having the wife do the shots Craig. What sites are you going to use? Glad you're on your way bro. I look forward to my next adventure hopefully sometime fairly soon after a quick delt and general reconditioning here.

ToneBone[/quote]

My only two injections so far have been upper outer quadrant of the glute, first night was left glute, tonight was right glute. I am just going to alternate back and forth for the entire cycle.

Craig

[quote]Contrl wrote:
I might have to borrow your wife for Delt shots, Craig. My coordination is awful.[/quote]

lol, I charge $50 per shot or a bulk rate of $500 a cycle for the loan :slight_smile:

Craig

[quote]craig_4g63 wrote:
I think utilizing another person to inject is much smarter.

The needle won’t move around at all, they can aspirate and watch much more closely and control the fluid all the way in. My last injection hasn’t hurt at all, no pain whatsoever at injection site.

Craig[/quote]

See, I have a different idea than you about this. You are correct in that you will have a cleaner injection at first, but I have intentionally done all of my own even though my (nurse) wife was in the same room as me because, I figure, she’s not always going to be there, and I’ll have to get good at this on my own, and the only way to do that is to go through that awkward stage. Honestly, when you do it yourself, it’s not that bad, and you get things figured out pretty quick. Also I haven’t really had a truly painful injection yet, as clumsy as I am.

That said, I’m not suggesting that mine is the “right” way or anything. Just another way of looking at things. Keep us posted on your experiences. I think first timers experiences are really fun to read.

I had Amps on my first but I knew how to score the top. But I now have an Amp scorer. But I did have one of the amps explode or just go "poof " as I scored too hard and shattered it … so now I just lightley score it and use a paper towel to wrap around the top and use my thumb to snap it off … Perfect everytime.
Note with Test E and a 25g needle its virtually impossible to draw the fluid in the syringe I dont have any other needles but there is also a trick for that. I pull the plunger all the way out with the needle fixed I tap the amp untill its emptied into the top of the syringe where the plunger goes.I then push the plunger in just a tad and then tip the entire thing < needle pointing up> remove the needle push air out carefully then put needle back on< as not to waste the gear that has moved down inside the needle while removing the air >
Alcohol wipe the injection site and inject.

[quote]OUToftheBOX wrote:
I had Amps on my first but I knew how to score the top. But I now have an Amp scorer. But I did have one of the amps explode or just go "poof " as I scored too hard and shattered it … so now I just lightley score it and use a paper towel to wrap around the top and use my thumb to snap it off … Perfect everytime.
Note with Test E and a 25g needle its virtually impossible to draw the fluid in the syringe I dont have any other needles but there is also a trick for that. I pull the plunger all the way out with the needle fixed I tap the amp untill its emptied into the top of the syringe where the plunger goes.I then push the plunger in just a tad and then tip the entire thing < needle pointing up> remove the needle push air out carefully then put needle back on< as not to waste the gear that has moved down inside the needle while removing the air >
Alcohol wipe the injection site and inject. [/quote]

Thats a great idea…i’m going to try that next time. thanks for the info.

Craig

Why would you think it’s virtually impossible to draw Test E with a 25g needle?

Whoever the UGL is that you’re buying from must use some awfully dense oil. I have no problem drawing with a 25g.

Hell i’ve shot winny with a 25, talk about patience, ten minutes to push in the plunger.

So, I guess it is time for a quick update. I am 2 injections in, my next injection is tomorrow, tuesday the 20th. So, as of this writing I am 6 days into the cycle. Now, I have read many posts on test E “kicking” in at week 3 and sometimes 6 and later. It is possible I have had low test because I feel it right now. The libido has not changed much at this point, but I FEEL like working out now and that is a great feeling. I am also starting to feel the sense of well being, just generally being nicer to others around me. I would not say strength gains have increased much, and i’m not expecting them to, but from last week to this week I am definitely up in strength. Tonight was a great leg workout, felt I could have kept pushing it. I tore my ACL about 5 months ago and have just been getting back into squatting again. Last week, I struggled to get 275 ass-to-grass 3 times. This week, 5 sets of 3 were no problem. Then did 225 20 times. Anyway, im out for now.

Craig

5 sets of 3 at 275, and yet you can do 225 20 times? Impressive numbers given the recent injury!
Cheers