Last Lecture By Dying Professor

Some things we should all remember.

That is unreal saved and favourited NEVER take it down !

Really good. Thanks for posting.

beautiful way to start the day. may we all become as strong as him. thanks for posting.

I think some dust just landed in my eye…

Really puts some things into perspective.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5700431505846055184

Thats the entire proper lecture, ie 104 min long.

I started following Randy Pausch last year. An amazing man. His web site is: Untitled Document

R.I.P. Randy Pausch passed away today. A very inspirational thought provoking man.

(October 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008)

His last public speech I think :
Randy Pausch addressing the CMU 2008 graduating class.

Cool video… I don’t think there’s anything much more inspirational than people like this guy.

I was genuinely sad when I heard of his passing today.

RESPECT,

OP, I wish I read your thread sooner.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2361667&pageNo=0#2362220

Great teacher died today, but his awesome legacy will live on.

He lived longer that doctors predicted and continued to inspire. Professor Randy Pausch made a surprise return to Carnegie Mellon University to deliver an inspirational speech to the Class of 2008 at the Commencement ceremony on May 18, 2008.

Cheers to all that live and share his message.

Just two questions:

Would his speeches have the same meaning if he were not dying?

Having listened, what have the readers done for the dying, and not for themselves, this month?

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
Just two questions:

[/quote]

No. They wouldn’t come across as sincere.

[quote]

Having listened, what have the readers done for the dying, and not for themselves, this month?[/quote]

What does that have to do with the speech? It was about following your dreams, as I recall. My dreams don’t have much to do with doing stuff for the dying at this point.

Whooo some guy said he was dying and a bunch of common sense things. I’m crying buckets of tears and feel like I’m drowning at the bottom of the ocean because it was just so fucking deep and inspirational.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
Just two questions:

Having listened, what have the readers done for the dying, and not for themselves, this month?

What does that have to do with the speech? It was about following your dreams, as I recall. My dreams don’t have much to do with doing stuff for the dying at this point.[/quote]

Because the dying, whom we are all fated to join, have things to teach us, the living. You yourself say so.
But we choose to listen–for example, to the dying professor-- when it serves our selfish purposes. Do you think so yourself?

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
Just two questions:

What does that have to do with the speech? It was about following your dreams, as I recall. My dreams don’t have much to do with doing stuff for the dying at this point.

Because the dying, whom we are all fated to join, have things to teach us, the living. You yourself say so.
But we choose to listen–for example, to the dying professor-- when it serves our selfish purposes. Do you think so yourself?[/quote]

Where did I or anyone else claim we were being selfless by watching this video?

Could you just sum up why you want everyone to feel guilty?

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
Just two questions:

But we choose to listen–for example, to the dying professor-- when it serves our selfish purposes. Do you think so yourself?

Could you just sum up why you want everyone to feel guilty?[/quote]

No, no. I did not intend to sound accusatory; I do not want people to feel guilty. That is something people can do on their own.

I just was considering Fashion. This nice prof is dying, we are moved by the sad story,the pictures of his kids, listen to what he says…the basic stuff…and move on. If he has something of value to say, it should be of value whether he has Cank of the Pank or not. If it is worthy only because of his situation, well, there are many opportunities for us–those who dream, Friend NateOrade–to be of value, too.

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
Just two questions:

Could you just sum up why you want everyone to feel guilty?

No, no. I did not intend to sound accusatory; I do not want people to feel guilty. That is something people can do on their own.

I just was considering Fashion. This nice prof is dying, we are moved by the sad story,the pictures of his kids, listen to what he says…the basic stuff…and move on. If he has something of value to say, it should be of value whether he has Cank of the Pank or not. If it is worthy only because of his situation, well, there are many opportunities for us–those who dream, Friend NateOrade–to be of value, too.[/quote]

Oh - sorry.
I definitely think what he has to say has value no matter what and anyone else could say it and it would still be true, but for better or worse the video’s as popular as it is because of his story and how upbeat he is.