T Nation

Last Heavy Deadlift Workout at 20 Y/O

Missed 855 :confused: But haven’t posted here in a few months figured post it up.

I am very jelous of the speed you pull at. Good Job.

Yeah beautiful reps. Too bad you missed the 855, but that 765 moved very fast. I’ve been working lately to try and emulate the way that you and pete rubish set up with so much speed and precision, it’s really been helping my rep speed overall. Keep up the awesome work.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Yeah beautiful reps. Too bad you missed the 855, but that 765 moved very fast. I’ve been working lately to try and emulate the way that you and pete rubish set up with so much speed and precision, it’s really been helping my rep speed overall. Keep up the awesome work. [/quote]
Thanks man, Yeah Speed helps so much just got to remember to still get hip low at the start! Occasionally I’ll start with hips to high which increase speed off the floor but makes the lockout harder.

[quote]scottkoscielniak wrote:
I am very jelous of the speed you pull at. Good Job.[/quote]
thnaks

Yeah that seems like a really important thing to keep in mind. I’ve been doing a lot of speed work with moderate weights, to work on not only setting up faster to help my speed off the floor, but also trying to make that setup really consistant. A lot of the time, with the faster setup I definitely feel like there is a tendency to keep the hips higher and really load up the back. But I’ve been shooting video of my heavier attempts, and even when I feel like I’m using my back a lot more than usual the video shows that I’m still keeping my hips nice and low. I just have to make sure to keep that consistant as I get stronger. Thanks for the tip man.

awesome, you made it look like there was no weight on the bar until you got well past 405. Did you use a hook grip on every set except the last?

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
awesome, you made it look like there was no weight on the bar until you got well past 405. Did you use a hook grip on every set except the last?[/quote] Yeah on 765 my hands got torn up bad in couple spots, so put on the straps for 855

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Yeah that seems like a really important thing to keep in mind. I’ve been doing a lot of speed work with moderate weights, to work on not only setting up faster to help my speed off the floor, but also trying to make that setup really consistant. A lot of the time, with the faster setup I definitely feel like there is a tendency to keep the hips higher and really load up the back. But I’ve been shooting video of my heavier attempts, and even when I feel like I’m using my back a lot more than usual the video shows that I’m still keeping my hips nice and low. I just have to make sure to keep that consistant as I get stronger. Thanks for the tip man.[/quote]No prob man, just something I noticed.

Nice pulls! Amazing that you do that with a hook grip! What does your deadlift training look like? Do you always work up to singles?

[quote]Rschwitalski wrote:
Nice pulls! Amazing that you do that with a hook grip! What does your deadlift training look like? Do you always work up to singles?[/quote]
pretty much singles or low reps for one top set, lots of leg/back/hamstring/glute work with other exercises to help during the week

[quote]hulk963 wrote:
Missed 855 :confused: But haven’t posted here in a few months figured post it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcULn6MprVs [/quote]
Why are you so angry at the age of 20? J/k
Beautiful deads