Last book you read?

American Gods - Neil Gaiman and No Mans Land (Batman Novel) - Greg Rucka

Stately, Have you read ‘The Corrections’? Alot of people love that book. Life of Pi probably appealed to me because I could relate to Pi from a culterally.

What previous Booker winner would you recommend?

I just finished Moneyball by Michael Lewis. Its about the front office of the Oakland A’s and the funky ways of evaluating talent. Although a bit exagerrated in regards to some the goings on I thought it to be a very quick and good read.

Z: Haven’t read The Corrections.

Midnight’s Children (Rushdie) and Last Orders (Swift) are a couple of Booker winners I’d recomend.

Just finished reading “The Billion Dollar Molecule”. Good if you’re interested in biotech startups.

Am currently reading Wells “War of the Worlds”. I am also working through “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire”

I remember a few months ago, someone started a similiar thread titled, “what the best book you have read” and it inspired me to become a book worm. I needed something to help me keep my mind off of my ex and I have to say that reading has helped tremendously.

In the last few weeks I have read:

Catcher In the Rye…JD Salinger
Catch-22…Joseph Heller
A Brave New World…Aldous Huxley
A Farewell To Arms…Ernest Hemingway
Anthem…Ayn Rand
The Grapes of Wrath…John Steinbeck
Slaughterhouse Five…Kurt Vonnegut
Mother Night…Kurt Vonnegut
Cats Cradle…Kurt Vonnegut

I am sticking to Kurt Vonnegut for now. I really like his style of writing. VERY unique and interesting stuff!!

I have also been listening to books on cd on my way to and from work. I have a 40 minute drive to work each day, so I figured I might as well listen to a good book. So, in a sense, I am “reading” two books at once. I really like listening to James Patterson’s stuff. “Four Blind Mice” and “The Beachhouse” were both fantastic. I often found myself driving around town till the chapter ended so I could find out what happened…haha

Right now I am listening to “The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold. Pretty sad book, but good.

Anyways, I am a new man now. It has even gotten to the point where I dont turn the tv on at night…I just read instead. Next book waiting to be read…“Galapagos” by Vonnegut.

‘Catcher in the Rye’, read it for the first time this year. Good book!

I also reread Orwell’s 1984 again. That book is as relevant as ever in these times.

Tony G - I would do that (just come home and read), but they don’t make Sportscenter in paperback.

The Ultimate Sales Letter. Coach Charles Staley recommended that I check this out and I am glad that I did.

Children Of Dune, Great sci-fi classic by Frank Herbert.

High Intensity the Mike Mentzer way. I am not an HIT advocate, but did pick up some good info in this book.

Beyond Brawn, by Stuart McRobert. Great book on productive training.

Mike Mahler

Tony G, how did you like Cat’s Cradle. It’s funny that the post inspired you to read, which made you make a new post, which in turn inspired me to read. Since that post about 3 weeks ago I’ve read: The Summons by Grisham, Prey by Michael Crichton, Slaughterhouse Five, Ice Station by Matt Reilly, Two Towers, and Golden Compass. Currently reading Subtle Knife and King of Torts. Like yourself I’m a new man, rarely turn on the TV now.

Ah, and Painted House by Grisham, as well as Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card, highly recommended.

Jared…I hear ya bro! The only time I really watch tv now, is when I am eating and I put it on ESPN News. Plus I will rent a movie from time to time.

Fragile…I LOVED Cats Cradle, just finished it last night actually. I really like Vonnegut’s stuff. Pretty interesting stuff he writes about. I think that is pretty darn awesome that I was inspired by something…in turn, it inspired you. Just classic! Keep me posted on what you read. Tony G

CMC,
RD/PD fun read, Cashflow Quad is about the only other one I’d recommend, if you are looking to get into business.
Speaking of non-conforming, I’m currently reading Houses that change the World.
Brider - The Prayer of Jabez, definitely a different read.
The last book I read was The Silas Diary.
Peace,
T-Ren