T Nation

Last Bit of The Gut

Ive been on the Velocity Diet for 3 weeks now and have lost about 10lbs. As far as weight i didnt even want to loose that much, but since the muscle mass and stregnth has pretty much held in there im OK with it.

My question is has anyone dieted down to where you had a low body fat percentage and still had the hidden abs syndrome? Do i need to keep dieting to see the Abs? I swear its the only spot where there is fat stored. Have any of you got through this type of diet to result in the Abs making the appearance?

Thanks

Such is life bro.

Fat is first on last off and thats a VERY common storage place for fat, Protecting your organs etc. Yes its just about slowly trying to get it off if thats your goal.

But your also need a nice set of abs under there and muscle everywhere. How much do you weigh now, height etc…

Best of luck and great work so far,
Phill

Yes low abs are the last place that fat dies but it could be subcataneous water. If you drink more than a gallon a day don’t expect to get super-sliced and dry without shedding water. It’s probably fat though so just keep at it.

Thanks for the reply…I know if have abs underneath. I can feel them and can see them when i stand a certain way. I just want to display them which means shedding the layer. Im 5’8 and 150lbs. Was 160lbs but the diet dropped me down to 150lbs. I wonder if continuing the Velocity Diet past the 4 weeks will eventually produce the results im looking for? I dont know…I hope though.

5’8" 150lbs?

and you started out at 160lbs?

What in God’s name were you thinking doing the velocity diet?

You are skinny-fat. You should be trying to get actual muscle rather then cutting down.

LOL…the only spot i had a little fat was around the abs. The velocity diet was intended to lower your bodyfat count while keeping most of your muscle mass and strength. For the most part it has. I have lowered my body fat count but still have a little bit covering my abs, mostly when i sit down. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same difficulty shedding the last bit.

Granted im not huge, but feel i look pretty good and have strength that im happy with. I will bulk in the winter but wanted to ensure that after bulking i could fall back on a diet that works for cutting back up. The velocity diet seems to do that. I hope that continuing the velocity diet will shed the little fat i have to reveal the abs i know are there. Thanks

[quote]TDog305 wrote:
5’8" 150lbs?

and you started out at 160lbs?

What in God’s name were you thinking doing the velocity diet?[/quote]

Uh oh… You’re exactly the type of person that’s not supposed to go on the velocity diet. How many more pounds of muscle are you going to lose to get rid of that tiny little bit of fat? Start a clean bulk right away!

HAHAH more like “you are exactly the type of person that should not be posting on this board” LOL, im sure prof X would love this thread.

I’ll go both ways.

1. How long have you been training, or in your case Working out. If you’r happy with your strength than you can write some numbers for us just as a show-off. If you plan on building a firm and big frame than this is a wrong way to go.

2. fat, abs thingy. Maybe a pic (OMG I’m calling for it). Your fat on the ab department is probabbly the oldest one and so it will go last. Try cutting some water and I bet they will show up and the CHICKS wil go beserk!!!

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
HAHAH more like “you are exactly the type of person that should not be posting on this board” LOL, im sure prof X would love this thread.[/quote]

No.

He is exactly the type of person that should be posting and asking questions. I think it is perfectly reasonable to diet down from 160 to 150 in pursuit of the all mighty 6er. It is a positive goal that may be a gateway to getting bigger, stronger, and staying lean.

This person’s goal was to get a six pack not to weigh 260; try to respect that.

EXACTLY…I have no problem with the the size i have, just the abs is the goal. Im not posting a pic or numbers because doing that no matter what is posted becomes fodder for wiseguys. I know ill be confident this summer at the beach, even if i dont achieve the six pack. So for those that responded to this post with intentions of providing serious feedback and assistance thanks. For the others…you get the idea.

Thanks

[quote]
No.

He is exactly the type of person that should be posting and asking questions. I think it is perfectly reasonable to diet down from 160 to 150 in pursuit of the all mighty 6er. It is a positive goal that may be a gateway to getting bigger, stronger, and staying lean.

This person’s goal was to get a six pack not to weigh 260; try to respect that. [/quote]

[quote]Snoop wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:
HAHAH more like “you are exactly the type of person that should not be posting on this board” LOL, im sure prof X would love this thread.

No.

This person’s goal was to get a six pack not to weigh 260; try to respect that. [/quote]

Ummm…5’8" 150 in my mind is borderline anorexic. Unless, the goal is to be in the latest CK ad, or be heroin sheik I don’t know who in their right mind would tell him to keep losing weight. With that weight loss will come loss of muscle. That I can guarantee.

Nope…i do have clear muscle size and now definition, except the abs. Granted i want to pack more on this winter but again, i am happy with the muscle size and definition im displaying…LOOKING FOR THE ABS.

Thanks Again.

[quote]
Ummm…5’8" 150 in my mind is borderline anorexic. Unless, the goal is to be in the latest CK ad, or be heroin sheik I don’t know who in their right mind would tell him to keep losing weight. With that weight loss will come loss of muscle. That I can guarantee.[/quote]

At this point, what you’re doing is making things worse. Through your diet, you’ve signaled to your body that food is scarce, and it’ll try to hold onto that fat and sacrifice the maintenence of muscle and other tissue. Check out Berardi’s Energy Flux articles.

I can respect that you don’t want to post a picture, but I just can’t imagine how you can have size and definition at your weight and not be able to see your abs. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

You stated what kind of diet you are, but what type of training are doing?

Try the GBC (German Body Comp) aka Latic Acid for fat loss.

What about supplements? What are you taking? I read somewhere before that Yohimbine can be applied topical; therefore, open up a few caps and mix it with some Bengay or the like, and apply it to your mid-section. In fact, I think at one time Biotest had plans to make such a product.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
HAHAH more like “you are exactly the type of person that should not be posting on this board” LOL, im sure prof X would love this thread.[/quote]

speaking of, where is prof X? i havent seen him post in about a week or so… sorta miss the guy

[quote]Snoop wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:

No.

LOL what a joke. Yeah 150 5’8 and he should be asking how to lose more weight?

Read the other posts, i dont need to clarify anything else thats already been posted.

Im sorry…it was a typo…im 170lbs down from 180lbs. With that aside now, The Velocity Diet is the way to go. I will just ride it out a little longer with the hopes of shedding the last bit of body fat.

Thanks for all the well educated and experienced posts.

Read the other posts, i dont need to clarify anything else thats already been posted. [/quote]

[quote]pman130 wrote:
Im sorry…it was a typo…im 170lbs down from 180lbs. With that aside now, The Velocity Diet is the way to go. I will just ride it out a little longer with the hopes of shedding the last bit of body fat.

Thanks for all the well educated and experienced posts.

Read the other posts, i dont need to clarify anything else thats already been posted.
[/quote]

Er, right. You can’t possibly make a typo like that, and if you honestly did, you let it pass by for at least two responses.
You’ve decided that you’re going to continue with the V-Diet for a couple of more weeks, so why the fuck did you ask us for help?
Stop wasting our time. Your method hasn’t given you the desired results, and you aren’t willing to listen to people who have solved the same problem that you have had. Good luck with that. You may want to bask in the collective wisdom of bodybuilding culture, or at least read a biology textbook.