T Nation

Lasix and Timing

I have 3 bodybuilding shows in the next month. 2 are state qualifiers and one is a national qualifier show. I am able to get lasix in 40mg tabs. After doing much research I have come to the conclusion of doing 10mg 2x daily on Monday and Tuesday. Wed, thurs, friday start 20mg 2x daily then taper off after the show.

Unfortunately I cannot change what I have because of timing and the variables involved. The big problem with my age, weight, and genetics is water retention. Im at 5% bf right now. But the striations are covered by a very very thin layer of water. Its what killed me at my first comp. Can anybody who has experience on this diuretic chime in.

Yes I know this is dangerous and can kill me. I already have all my supplements such as potassium, magnesium, zinc and calcium ready to go. I just need some guidelines as how to use this if im doing it wrong. Thanks

I use it for a heart condition and I take 10mg in the morning if I’m retaining water. I piss like crazy for about 3 hrs then it tapers off. Don’t know how much water but it is noticeable in my hands afterward. I would try 10mg 2 x a day a couple of weeks out from your show and see how it affects you.

Sorry dude, I made a mistake. My lasix is dosed at 40mg. I was thinking of another med I’m on. Would still try it out a couple of weeks before the show though.

[quote]the2ndgift wrote:
I have 3 bodybuilding shows in the next month. 2 are state qualifiers and one is a national qualifier show. I am able to get lasix in 40mg tabs. After doing much research I have come to the conclusion of doing 10mg 2x daily on Monday and Tuesday. Wed, thurs, friday start 20mg 2x daily then taper off after the show.

Unfortunately I cannot change what I have because of timing and the variables involved. The big problem with my age, weight, and genetics is water retention. Im at 5% bf right now. But the striations are covered by a very very thin layer of water. Its what killed me at my first comp. Can anybody who has experience on this diuretic chime in.

Yes I know this is dangerous and can kill me. I already have all my supplements such as potassium, magnesium, zinc and calcium ready to go. I just need some guidelines as how to use this if im doing it wrong. Thanks[/quote]

i’ve never used lasix, or cut for a bb show (i have for wreslting/MMA, etc), however, i don’t think you need to build up the dose.

your body will start to hold water if it is excreting more than normal, or your intake decreases… that’s part of why superhydration works so well.

I recently used lasix for my show. My water protocol was as follows with the show being sunday 9am / 5pm finals. 3 Days out - Drink as much water as you can. 2 Days out - Drink 1 Litre for the day. 1 Day out - sip only as needed. On the day no water. Along with this i took 20mg lasix right before bed with a meal. Took out a incredibly close 2nd in my class, upper body was tight and sharp, dryness was on point, legs were much softer than my upper body which brought me down.