Laser Printer Suggestions...

Hey Gang,

The little rat that was running around inside my printer to keep it going seems to be dying, so I’m in the market for something new and reliable. Any suggestions for something middle-of-the-road pricewise that won’t having me calling tech support every week or changing ink cartridges once a month?

Thanks!

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Hey Gang,

The little rat that was running around inside my printer to keep it going seems to be dying, so I’m in the market for something new and reliable. Any suggestions for something middle-of-the-road pricewise that won’t having me calling tech support every week or changing ink cartridges once a month?

Thanks![/quote]

Well, a couple of questions for you. Do you want the printer to be color? Are you sure you want a laser printer? If you want a color laser you are going to be paying big bucks for it. If you want just a b&w laser you can get a nice HP for $300 - $400. I don’t know if that’s out of your price range though.

At work we use only HP printers and overall we are very satisfied with them.

I agree HP laser printers are the way to go…

Lexmark also makes good laser printers (but shit ink jet’s)

DO NOT BUY a Konica Minolta! We have a team of these heaps in the office and they are nothing but money pits. The black toners are $50 a crack and we go through one a month on both. We have another HP that was about half the price and change the toner about twice a year.

The KM’s do print BEAUTIFUL color though.

Cressey Mac,

Don’t get a dell!!! They are cheap as hell because the replacement cartridges are EXTREMELY overpriced and you can ONLY get them from DELL. It’s a frickin racket.

We use HP at work. They are expensive but the replacement ink is very cheap and you can buy it from many vendors.

Low-End pricewise but it’s an HP, good for personal printing:

Little bigger and better if you need bigger capacity if you need something for a workgroup:

If you want an entry level workgroup color printer:

As others have mentioned, don’t buy a Kinoca/Minolta, and stay away from Dell. Go with HP. And Newegg has the best prices and shipping.