Larry Wheels is Stepping on Stage

I saw it earlier…

Just before I had to bench

1 Like

BTW, I stumbled across this which I think goes show the importance of genetics - you can see a champion bodybuilder hiding in that powerlifter.

2 Likes

Ronnie Coleman’s upper body is just ridiculous lol. That’s one big dude!

Props to that old man right after him though getting that deadlift up! Hope to be that strong at that age!

1 Like

Please elaborate!!! I made guesses but I dont think any body with real BB knowledge has weighed in. (my bad if I missed it)

We dont do it for the money.

But that was pretty funny.

And there is starting to be some real money in PLing (esp if you look like Larry).

The old prize money wouldnt have covered the bicycles hahaha

Vascular a bit

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8qG_GDciU/?taken-by=larrywheels

Is it just me, or does Ronnie resemble a jacked Carlton Banks?

3 Likes

Merely that most BBers aren’t on the taller side, and Larry has focused on PLing, which can be very different from pursuing aesthetics for their own sake (which would NOT be ideal for performance based athletes!)

I’ve been to many NPC shows, and seen some decent “taller” (relative) guys, but none win the overall because they’re usually a shorter dude, who obviously looks much thicker, and has been training specifically to meet a visual aesthetic for his entire life.

Certainly not knocking Larry, he look very impressive for a PLer no question, just holding my judgment while others who aren’t around BBing as much get all worked up because he’s very well conditioned.

S

2 Likes

You’re probably right, I’m not into bodybuilding at all and I really don’t know what specific things the judges are looking for in a competition. Aside from being lean and jacked, they all look pretty much the same to me. Don’t take this as me dissing your sport, it’s just not my thing.

1 Like

Thank you, aside from the general thickness what does he need to bring up? and how much of that is just genetics?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_QVCeDRfc/?hl=en

I’d love to see just quarter turn relaxed poses to really assess, but the problem with having very strong specific muscle groups means that others may appear to lag in comparison.

Off the video you linked, and one image I’ve seen, I might want to see more triceps and rear delts. I know some PLers are more torso dominant while others can be arm dominant, and in Larry’s case I would GUESS that he’d benefit from a
More BBing focused arm spec approach. It wouldn’t help his lifts doing such an approach, but this is where the two pursuits divide a bit even for the most amazing phenoms.

S

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeiTykTjw4K/?taken-by=larrywheels

Dem LATS!!! Waist a bit thicker looking here too.

He really has so much potential it’s crazy. Of course not too many guys are able to walk the line between both sports and do well.

S

1 Like

PRetty sure his contest is today (Judging by the IG post from an individual who had nothing to do with his success but piggybacks as much as he can -lol)

S

3 Likes

bostin goes full retard (hope he is trolling though)

Lol

S

Bostin fixed it up. Turns out he was just a dumbfuck lol

1 Like

Larry doesn’t look bad, but his weaknesses (especially at his height) are very apparent. I saw his IG with plenty of well meaning PLing folks blowing him up, but I’m going assume that most aren’t knowledgeable in BBing.

I give em plenty of respect for stepping up. Of course the guy is a complete phenom in every sense of the word.

S

Tee hee…no we arent. He also did look a lot better in his IG posts though.

Obviously it is hard to know lighting and all that with out seeing other competitors. With that anybody have a link to a Recap or results?

No word from any of his instagrams so I am guessing not great?

I immediately thought of the wrong person hahaha…Larry would have been great no matter what but a little direction can go a long ways.

What would you say the weaknesses are? In BB terms.

Looks to me not being quite lean enough, aswell as triceps and quads seem to lack, as well as back detail.

Would be interesting to hear critique from someone that knows what they are talking about though.

2 Likes

or I guess then there is this…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeyINtJDNjU/?hl=en&taken-by=larrywheels

He looks insanely better in the sword photo than the one Bostin used. Both photos Bostin used LOL.

1 Like