Larry Wheels is Stepping on Stage

Terron Beckham natty af

*relatively

1 Like

LOL he still weighs 263…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLtTOojo5x/?hl=en&taken-by=larrywheels

and apparently Ben Pollack is stepping on stage too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLxzEsnFj7/?hl=en&taken-by=phdeadlift

Both are using Ed Koo and Granite Supplements…Granite is probably going to rule the fitness world in a bit for a while.

Wheels and Pollack record holding PLers who can step on a BB stage? Kevin Oak doesnt ever look bad either.

I think Pollack is significantly less aesthetic only because his waist is larger but still, damn.

1 Like

Well they’ve probably both near maxed out how much muscle they can hold while staying in their respective weight classes and no having a drop in performance from being too shredded so not surprised.

U srs? Where’d you get this from?

The judging at that meet tho…

https://forums.t-nation.com/uploads/short-url/jBJ6u4NCBRtVIMPOESqECqeRLX.gif

I was and from his instagram but I think I just made a huge assumption because he was working with Ed Koo who I thought was a BBing only coach at the time (like 12 hours ago hahaha)

Yea…it wasnt a geared meet but it wasnt IPF either.

Honestly I kind of think this is on the lifters. You know this record will be scrutinized etc so regardless of how the judging goes make the lifts proper.

Of Wheel record at 275 only lift I saw questionable was his 610 bench.

Either way, the lifts were good and the records are theirs.

I haven’t really been following this thread because I don’t give a damn about bodybuilding, but I remember Ben Pollack writing an article on EliteFTS either at the end of last year or the beginning of this one saying that he was planning to do a BB show in a few months (from the time the article was posted). It looks like the US Open got in the way of that though.

Meets like that are the reason why the IPF is still around. As fucked up as they are, any lifts passed in the IPF are definitely legit. All time WRs don’t mean much if judging is a joke in some feds.

1 Like

I didn’t mean Larry’s record lel.

Do you mean the “pause” on the bench? I think in that fed that’s what a pause is.

2 Likes

Watched the record breakers on YouTube. Ben Pollack seemed pretty happy to celebrate his lifts even if they were a bit sketchy.

On second look the 3rd deadlift doesn’t look all that bad tbh. A few inches difference and it would’ve been good. Love Ben Pollack but can’t give him this one.

1 Like

Anyone else reckon the call on Woolam’s 926 pull was dodgy?

2 Likes

All sumo is dodgy.

1 Like

Oh shit, khangles is one of those zealots.

Don’t you arch your bench to cut ROM?

All arching is dodgy

2 Likes

khangles trolling mode on. He eats butt too

1 Like

I swear I remember you starting a thread about developing a tight, tall arch…

1 Like

All my threads are dodgy

9 Likes

Larry Wheels is an absolute freak, and I hope we get to watch his journey for years to come. I also hope he gives strongman a shot at some point.

A few things that stood out in this thread to me… I found it baffling that j4gga2 suggested he drop to classic or 212. That would involve cutting 60-70 lbs. Does he look like he has that much fat to lose to you? Seems pretty damn ridiculous. That would never happen.

the guy who said Larry is a joke… is a joke.

I’m very interested to see how he looks next to some big-time bodybuilders on stage. That will be fun. These things are so hard to put into perspective without that.

the drug conversation is stupid. you guys are out of your depth there. particularly the suggestion that ‘he will taper off before a show’. No. He will do the opposite of that.

Bacne is not a concern. You can hide it with makeup and a stage tan. More of these guys have it than you’re probably aware.

Side note: I’m so glad I don’t get bacne at all. I don’t believe I show any real ‘sides’. But I know plenty of people who do. As pwnisher suggested, it all depends on genetics. Not everyone responds to things the same way.

All things are dodgy.

7 Likes

but not for benching.

ok, comparing them one is clearly “more” locked out but in a vacuum would the 2nd be considered locked out?

The bar is lower in his hands so that contributes but his shoulders do not look rolled back but if this was the only deadlift we saw I think this looks good?

You’ve watched the lifts yeh? In a vacuum it’d be locked out and white lighted if Pollack had a severe deformity ala Stuart Jamieson of ATWR DL fame, with scoliosis and hyperkyphosis.

Unfortunately as soon as the down command is given and Pollack stands up properly one can see he does not have such a deformity. Soft lock out aside the bar was sliding back down his thighs maybe even just slightly before the down command was given. If the Rhino hadn’t given the down command ASAP then it’d be gg.

Sure the lift was given enough whites so by whatever standard they used to judge at the meet it was good. Tho for the love of powerlifting how can you say this looks good.

3 Likes

Dodgy High Five

1 Like