T Nation

Larry Wheels 5 Weeks Out Check In

Yup I am a bit obsessed.

Needs to add 95lbs to his total and can add up to 48lbs to his frame after a water cut.

275 Record Meet: 2275 Total 810-610-855@267 at weight in
SQUAT: He had a 815 Squat about 3 weeks out
BENCH: Earlier in prep he had a Triple at 563 (paused rep 1 and 2)
DEADLIFT: 855 2 Weeks Out

5 Weeks Out starting Peak weighing 270
SQUAT: 765 for a triple and 15lbs PR
BENCH: 573 for 2.5 none paused
DEADLIFT: 870 for a 15lbs PR

I am guessing right about now is when he adds in the Anadrol so that should account for a bunch of weight both body and platform.

I feel like a douche to 2nd guess Larry buuuuut he dont read this. GET THAT MAN SOME CALORIES!!!

At this rate I am not sure why he doesnt go back down for Kern and set some records.

Excuse my ignorance, what exactly is he training for? Another bodybuilding show or a PL meet?

Kern US Open Powerlifting

He is attempting to break the 308 Sleeved Record held by Eric Lilliebridge at 2369.

That probably should have been in the first post :smiley:

Yea if he doesn’t take another trip to snap city at the Kern

And I’m just chilling here warming up the popcorn in preparation for a Yury Belkin lifting exhibition

Not going to lie I had my doubts at his 5 week check in buuuut looking at the history it looks like he has 830-630-900ish on the platform which is 10lbs shy of the 2370 he would need.

I also dont think he went 100% for his 275 record which kind of adds a few more pounds.

His biggest issue is probably going to be weighing over 275 as he is still at 270lbs.

900ish? The way he moved 900 in that video, he’ll dominate 900, no problems.

daaayuuuuum

Not the greatest angle but looks high but if he can hit this in comp it looks like 850/630/900 = 2380 which is good for the record. He still doesnt weigh 275 though. At this point maybe reverse water cut to add weight?

EDIT: 2380 is Lilliebridge’s 275 wrapped total record.

Pretty amazing but I am not sure he can pause that.

IMO his 610@275 had pretty generous officiating.

Doesnt seem necessary to make a whole new thread for this but it needs to be posted hahaha Oak with a 400kg Squat a couple weeks out also competing at Kern US Open.

A lot of these lifts arent comp quality but hopefully with some deload and extra supps these will be good to go on gameday.

Jesus, that looked heavy.

What weight is Kevin Oak competing at?

With such a big pay out based on wilks is it likely lifters wont focus on making weight as per the weight classes but instead lift at a weight that they think will maximize their wilks I wonder.

This roster is stacked AF:

THIS is why Larry wont be in the 308, it just doesnt matter. This is also why everybody is competing in wraps because Wilks doesnt account for that either.

This is probably also why Big Boy is cutting into the 308s.

to answer your question I think so. I had to do some research because I still thought they made payouts to the weight classes but it seems they dont.

Later I will include some Wilks numbers etc to give an idea what to expect but right now I gotta get that pump on!!!

Real quick though Larry at 260 with a 2380 total is 623 wilks. If he drops another 10lbs to 250 he only gets 629 wilks or +6 wilks.

Eury won last year’s heavy weight with a 599 wilks.

Pollack won the light weight with 574.

Marianna Gasparayn won the womens with a 628 wilks.