T Nation

Larry Pacifico's Son, Outrageous Claims

pacificopower.com/index.php/biography.html

Check out his best lifts…they seem impossible for a 200ish lb man. His college marks in throwing are way exaggerated also which you can see here www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/1765146.html

Now I know larry pacifico was an amazing powerlifter in his day, but do you think this kid could actually be putting up the #'s he claims? Does he compete in powerlifting like his dad also?

Just curious to see if anyone has any more info on this kid, I would assume he probably is a decent powerlifter seeing as how his dad was multiple champion.

his squat looks like a typo…and his powerclean is pretty rediculous…but he is a thower i suppose…with a 650 deadlift…

[quote]brian.m wrote:
his squat looks like a typo…and his powerclean is pretty rediculous…but he is a thower i suppose…with a 650 deadlift…[/quote]

I don’t know how that could be a typo but its definitely impossible to squat that much at his size-for raw- A 500 lb bench press and 400+ power clean is ridiculous also, I think he just recently graduated high school in 07 so he would prob be under 20 at least…

He mentions the 1015 lb squat in his other bio here also pacificopower.com/index.php/testimonials.html

Tim Sherman
I started training with Larry when I was 13. He trained me to throw the Shot Put and Discus. He also trained me for lifting. My lifts have gone through the sky. I have won the National High School and Teenage National Powerlifting titles so far. My bench Press is 440, Squat 900, Deadlift 530. I weigh in at 280#. I threw the shot 51 feet and discus 152 feet.

I dont even think with the worst leverages in the world that much difference raw is possible. We are talking high rack squats, supper equipper lifting, or high equipped lifting.

I call complete bullshit on 1015 squat by that kid,

There was an article in PLUSA a while back where Pacifico claimed an 800 squat w/ belt and wraps and a mid 400’s bench press for his kid, which seems much more believable.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
There was an article in PLUSA a while back where Pacifico claimed an 800 squat w/ belt and wraps and a mid 400’s bench press for his kid, which seems much more believable.
[/quote]

Supposedly he hit that in highschool, a 200lb kid hitting 800 in highschool with wraps and a belt? No.

I call utter bullshitery on that one, maybe off a high box with a big old spot from dad and 2 spotters on the side with a monolift. Even then… no.

[quote]Supposedly he hit that in highschool, a 200lb kid hitting 800 in highschool with wraps and a belt? No.

I call utter bullshitery on that one, maybe off a high box with a big old spot from dad and 2 spotters on the side with a monolift. Even then… no.
[/quote]

I know, I’m just saying it’s a helluva lot more believable than 1015.

Had someone told me that a certain 300lb kid in high school on this very site hit 675 with wraps and a belt, I’d have been inclined to call bullshit too, if I hadn’t seen the vid. Which I still can’t get over, btw.

Welcome back. Start a new log.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Supposedly he hit that in highschool, a 200lb kid hitting 800 in highschool with wraps and a belt? No.

Had someone told me that a certain 300lb kid in high school on this very site hit 675 with wraps and a belt, I’d have been inclined to call bullshit too, if I hadn’t seen the vid. Which I still can’t get over, btw.

Welcome back. Start a new log.[/quote]

ahahaha!

I see you have noticed I graduated to MEGA newb!

But, Il make another log, i like having my log here anyway.

I’ve heard from a friend that saw him at a track meet that he is a total dick also, seems like one of those high school kids everyone hates that claims outrageous #'s though when you ask for proof they’ll make tons of excuses.

He is a great shot putter though from his high school stats 70+ is world class in high school. I would have believed 600 or so possibly at 250±Though I think he is less then this- but 800+ to 1015 just seems outrageous.

Also good to have newb back, I enjoyed following your log since your a beast who actually trains hard and is world class in strength. That video was ridiculous, your a genetic freak with strength your progress is outrageous.

[quote]shizen wrote:
I’ve heard from a friend that saw him at a track meet that he is a total dick also, seems like one of those high school kids everyone hates that claims outrageous #'s though when you ask for proof they’ll make tons of excuses.[/quote]

They are every where aren’t they.

[quote]He is a great shot putter though from his high school stats 70+ is world class in high school. I would have believed 600 or so possibly at 250±Though I think he is less then this- but 800+ to 1015 just seems outrageous.

Also good to have newb back, I enjoyed following your log since your a beast who actually trains hard and is world class in strength. That video was ridiculous, your a genetic freak with strength your progress is outrageous. [/quote]

Thanks man

How come his college shotput is 10 feet behind his high school??

[quote]daraz wrote:
How come his college shotput is 10 feet behind his high school??[/quote]

Heavier shot put.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
Tim Sherman
I started training with Larry when I was 13. He trained me to throw the Shot Put and Discus. He also trained me for lifting. My lifts have gone through the sky. I have won the National High School and Teenage National Powerlifting titles so far. My bench Press is 440, Squat 900, Deadlift 530. I weigh in at 280#. I threw the shot 51 feet and discus 152 feet.

[/quote]

jesus mary joseph and krishna…

[quote]daraz wrote:
How come his college shotput is 10 feet behind his high school??[/quote]

It didn’t happen?

If 1 claim is bullshit they all are. Even if his deadlift, bench and power clean are real, why would you take a liars word for it?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:

A guy who i went to high school with, at a weight of 330, squatted 875, benched 225 for 27 reps. Both of these lifts i watched him perform, and the squat was with a suit, but bench was raw. It was pretty amazing watching this from an 18 year old. And yes the squat was parallel.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:

A guy who i went to high school with, at a weight of 330, squatted 875, benched 225 for 27 reps. Both of these lifts i watched him perform, and the squat was with a suit, but bench was raw. It was pretty amazing watching this from an 18 year old. And yes the squat was parallel.

[quote]legacyfighter wrote:
LUEshi wrote:

Welcome back. Start a new log.

A guy who i went to high school with, at a weight of 330, squatted 875, benched 225 for 27 reps. Both of these lifts i watched him perform, and the squat was with a suit, but bench was raw. It was pretty amazing watching this from an 18 year old. And yes the squat was parallel.[/quote]

That 225x27 bench is no where near a 827 equipped squat.

Some kid squated 825 I think at 16, and some 15 y/o squated a easy 600 at 165. Both equipped, they had the best equipment and monolifts and stuff but still.

Jimmie does have world class strength. I have several videos of him and plan on showing them soon. he is in college now in California throwing the shot and hammer he will be home in late May. He plans on lifting in August hoping to Squat over 1000 officially. Please go to my web sit for further information www.pacificopower.com .

Cheers,
Larry

Sent larry pacifico an email about his son and his lifts asking for proof got this.

There’s no video? Who cares.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
There’s no video? Who cares. [/quote]

was looking to see if anyone had more info on him, like if he is in powerlifting like his dad. There are videos of him throwing 70+ feet in high school, which is ridiculous so he quite possibly could be legit on some of his lifts.