Larry Allen 700 BP

http://media.putfile.com/Larry-Allen-700-Bench-Press

looks like a 700 lb. legit bench to me - NOT! theres another one of him on that site, just search larry allen, of him repping 225 x 43

no wander so many people have 3 spotters lifting the weight for them.

I bet he could do a 550 rack lockout on his own because between the three of those guys they could take off at least 150

Still impressive though.

http://media.putfile.com/Larry-Allen-at-the-Pro-Bowl-Skills-Challenge---Bench-Press-225-Pounds-43-Times

the 43 reps

all things considered, damn impressive.

no no, not damn impressive, i dont consider anything impressive when someone claims a lift that includes that much bullshit

I don’t think those spotters were doing much, if anything at all. That’s a damn impressive lift, especially for someone who doesn’t train specifically to perform that lift. Everyone should relax.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I don’t think those spotters were doing much, if anything at all. That’s a damn impressive lift, especially for someone who doesn’t train specifically to perform that lift. Everyone should relax.[/quote]

So, what? Those were fake plates on the 225 x 43? He didn’t lock out all the reps so it’s all tricks? Most of you weak fuckers could lift that weight in a tandem deadlift.

If that were me, I’d get up and punch that asshole who dove across my with the bar still in my hands in the fucking face.

Nice leg drive on the last couple of reps

[quote]FE_FrEaK wrote:
no no, not damn impressive, i dont consider anything impressive when someone claims a lift that includes that much bullshit [/quote]

Larry Allen plays in the NFL. You post on T-Nation. I’m sure he cares deeply.

The only time you really care about how much you BP, or whether your BP was legit or not is AFTER YOU GOT CUT FROM THE TEAM.

There are so few sports, hell positions in sports, where it matters at all what you press, that the fact that you even care what you BP is comical to nearly all athletes.

Until you get cut, the BP is only a very general means of prep for a sport. (For Larry, it is actually important, obviously.) Larry is not only damned good at preparing for the sport, but he can actually play the sport also.

“I suck, but I can lift alot more than you.”

Good, move my furniture then. I need to go play a sport.

Ridiculous.

[quote]PGA wrote:
FE_FrEaK wrote:
no no, not damn impressive, i dont consider anything impressive when someone claims a lift that includes that much bullshit

Larry Allen plays in the NFL. You post on T-Nation. I’m sure he cares deeply.[/quote]

Seriously. The guy is one of the best offensive linemen of all-time. And who said Larry Allen was claiming anything? That is a video of him bench pressing… not of him running his mouth about how much he lifts. If you have seen the full video (and I have as a Cowboys fan), it goes to a full touch on his chest. Plus, he is not even doing it powerlifting style to use his legs for leverage.

So is it impressive? Hell yeah.

The guy at the end flipping over larry allen should get all the credit for that lift.

Impressive lift for sure.

I don’t have any criticism to offer since he is extremely strong. The 225 looked like nothing. Well…it was nothing. I do wonder however why there were no collars on the bar. That’s pretty negligent.