Laroyal's Return to Powerlifting

[quote]Clutch wrote:
laroyal,

Great Thread!!! I was wondering what your thoughts were on long term low carbing with no carb ups or cheats? I find that as long as I stay low carb (under 30gms) I have no cravings but as soon as I eat carbs (even clean ones) I get unbelievable cravings for sweet stuff.

BTW - Is the Immune Supreme new? I can’t find it on CPs website.

Cheers
Clutch

[/quote]

The immune supreme will be replacing blood protein (the peach tastes AWESOME) as for the long term low carbs once you get lean you will comprimise your abolity to oxidize BCAA’s if you stay low carb for too long.

A great trick for you low carber’s I got from Charles himself to combat sweet cravings is HEAVY cream with glutamine in it or inositol in water at night (helps you sleep too:-)

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Hi-
Looking forward to reading about your progress! :)[/quote]

I will do my best to keep you and others posted and look forward to your questions and input:-)

Thanks, Laroyal. Seems as though I’ll be coming back to this thread quite a bit.

Great to see your thread here! I am looking forward to watching your training/progress ;).

And I promise to stalk :wink:

Malinda

Great to see your thread here! I am looking forward to watching your training/progress ;).

Malinda

[quote]Firebug9 wrote:

Malinda[/quote]

Stalkers are always welcome on my thread especially strong ones like yourself;-) I have always enjoyed your posts and will look forward to your new log and any thoughts or comments you have!

I’ll definitely be watching and learning from this log.

Thanks for all the great information, Laroyal. I’ve been stalking you too.

At least I admit it :frowning:

What is the difference between the Immune Supreme and Blood Protein?

I read about Blood Protein briefly and it sounded like a protein supplement that benefitted the immune system by nourishing the gut. Is the Immune Supreme different? An upgrade?

This is something I may just pick up.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
What is the difference between the Immune Supreme and Blood Protein?

I read about Blood Protein briefly and it sounded like a protein supplement that benefitted the immune system by nourishing the gut. Is the Immune Supreme different? An upgrade?

This is something I may just pick up.[/quote]

The serving size on the immune supreme is less than the blood protein but yes, it is basically the same. It is GREAT for gut health and contains immunofractions to boost immune system (a must IMO during winter). The best way to test a protein is to consume it on an empty stoach and see what you feel like within an hour…you sshould feel better on a good one (focused and sharp). I feel terrefic when I start with the immune protein and I actually discovered this through trail and error…

As you guys know I am not big on replacing meals with shakes (except for post workout of course) but, like many of you sometimes the demands of my schedule can leave me pressed for time, now I know successful people find AND solutions (from the words of the great John Berardi) and I often tell my clients this but I had to find something that I could use if I had to do the shake option. If I end up doing a shake I use 2 scoops of whey stronger, 1 scoop primal fiber (I use the scooper from the immune supreme) and 2 scoops immune supreme andthen I will eat an avacado or celery with it…as shake options go it is not bad at all and I don’t feel terible when I have to do this.

[quote]Flow wrote:
I’ll definitely be watching and learning from this log.

Thanks for all the great information, Laroyal. I’ve been stalking you too.

At least I admit it :frowning: [/quote]

Great to hear from you and I am happy to share! Guys, I am off to the gym…we are coming up on circa max at this point with the PL meet around the corner (more on this later). It is a leg day so I have to run…while I still can:-)

Another great workout!!!

We did:

Box Squats with chains off of faom blocks (awesome because you can really sit back and sink in)

The object was speed today!! We added 120lbs of chain weight to the bar and I was practically jump squating with 315 (+120) for 6 sets of 2 reps!!! BOOM

We went to speed pulls…regular stance 120lbs band weight with 135x1, 225x1, 225x1

From this it was on to belt squats:
3 sets 315x10

Reverse Hypers:
60 (end machine) x 4 sets 8 reps

Land mines with bar in corner

20lbs on bar 3 sets 7 reps each side

I am really happy with my weights, Westside legend Tony Ramos is going to let me borrow his squat suit and my briefs should be in soon so look for the weights to JUMP!!

I don’t plan on going back for an evening workout tonight I am tired and want to get the rest! One of my clients does bi-neural program designs and made me a sleep cd so I am looking forward to checking it out tonight when I hit the hay! If you haven’t read about it, the bi-neural stuff is really cool!!
They are supposed to be great for relaxation and improving concentration/ awareness too. There are even some frequencies that are supposed to be conducive to regeneration of cells and organs so I will let you guys know more about how it works as I continue to find out more.

Diet today:

6am Immune supreme (4 scoops)

7:20 8oz Buffalo 1 handful hazelnuts

10:20 2 1/2 scoops isopure, 20 grams glycine, 20 grams glutamine, 3 grams taurine

12:30 8oz Jamacian Jerk Chicken 1/2 bag broccoli

3:00 8oz buffalo 2 cups spinach

5:30 8oz Organic grass fed beef 2 cups cabbage

8:00 8oz grilled chicken carrots tomatos broccoli cucumber

10:30 8oz turkey 1/2 bag asparagus

I’m glad to see you started a thread. I have been curious as to what your gym/food routine is so I am looking forward to following it, and I will admit to stalking :stuck_out_tongue:
So far what I find most amazing is that you cook actual meals, dishes with names, lol. I make my lunch in advance but as far as dinner goes I just know it is a red meat of some type and a vegetable.

I look forward to following, good luck!

Hi as per my name im completely new, but you seem really sound so best of luck with your log ill be reading for info while hiding in the background.

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
I’m glad to see you started a thread. I have been curious as to what your gym/food routine is so I am looking forward to following it, and I will admit to stalking :stuck_out_tongue:
So far what I find most amazing is that you cook actual meals, dishes with names, lol. I make my lunch in advance but as far as dinner goes I just know it is a red meat of some type and a vegetable.

I look forward to following, good luck![/quote]

Thank you for stopping by:) I do cook quite a bit…I guess that would make me a good catch eh’…just kidding -lol. I actually find cooking to be relaxing and I really enjoy trying to be creative with my meals.

[quote]CompleteNewb wrote:
Hi as per my name im completely new, but you seem really sound so best of luck with your log ill be reading for info while hiding in the background.[/quote]

Thank you for checking out my log and please feel free to ask any questions you think of, honestly people who ask questions are generally the most intelligent ones out there (Charles will tell you at his seminar I ask a TON of questions). It is far and above the best way to learn and I am always happy to help out!

laroyal,

What type diet/training would you recommend to someone who is looking to slowly gain a little muscle while continuing to lean out and has the following measurements…

Chin: 5.2 mm
Cheek: 7 mm
Pectoris: 4.4 mm
Triceps: 4.4 mm
Subscap: 11.1 mm
Midaxillary: 6.1 mm
Supra-iliac: 10.4 mm
Umbilicus: 10.2 mm
Knee: 5.5 mm
Calf: 2.8 mm
Quadriceps: 5.4 mm
Hamstring: 9.6 mm

Cheers
Clutch

Please post your Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe :slight_smile:

I like to cook myself and improvise quite often. Always on the lookout for more recipes.

I’ll try to post a more Mediterranean style seasoning/rub/stew that uses pomegranate puree and almonds. It’s an amazing flavor combination. Will have to ask my mom…

[quote]Clutch wrote:
laroyal,

What type diet/training would you recommend to someone who is looking to slowly gain a little muscle while continuing to lean out and has the following measurements…

Chin: 5.2 mm
Cheek: 7 mm
Pectoris: 4.4 mm
Triceps: 4.4 mm
Subscap: 11.1 mm
Midaxillary: 6.1 mm
Supra-iliac: 10.4 mm
Umbilicus: 10.2 mm
Knee: 5.5 mm
Calf: 2.8 mm
Quadriceps: 5.4 mm
Hamstring: 9.6 mm

Cheers
Clutch[/quote]

I could offer my pay services or direct you to another biosig practitioner in the area but it would not be fair to my clients or other practitioners for me to give you this level of consultaiton for free, I hope you can understand.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Please post your Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe :slight_smile:

I like to cook myself and improvise quite often. Always on the lookout for more recipes.

I’ll try to post a more Mediterranean style seasoning/rub/stew that uses pomegranate puree and almonds. It’s an amazing flavor combination. Will have to ask my mom…[/quote]

For the Jamaican Jerk Chicken I actually just buy the pre-marinated chicken breasts from whole foods. My friend who works there said they just use the rub they sell with the marinade they sell,

He assured me it is easy to make but I usually go for the pre-made on that particular item because they do such a good job:-) I would love to hear about you mediterranean style recipe! That sounds really good!

Well tonight is a big sleep and recover night! Sometimes if I have trouble falling asleep (a lot on my mind) I will use PS (also great for lowering cortisol) I don’t exceed 2400mg/ week (unless as part of a specific biosig protocol) and I take 800mg with my last meal.

Also I am going to use the bi-neural sleep cd I have so tonight I should sleep like a baby…184lb LEAN POWERLIFTING BABY :slight_smile:

Seriously, people underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep. This is where your hormones are balanced and the stage is set for your perofrmance both physically and mentally!

Many times by simply making sure a client is drinking enough water and sleeping right I will start to see imporvement (all be it minor). Try to always wake up at the same time in the morning irregardless the daily tasks. This will help.

If you need more sleep take a nap in the afternoon, I realize not everyone has a schedule that is conducive to this but if you can develop this simple habbit it helps a lot!