Larodrick Duncan Squats 825 Unequipped

depth looked pretty good to be. I do disagree with the comment about him rounding his back. He is so large, I don’t think you can say either way.

Funny how the people who are calling that a “tough angle to judge from” are also calling the squat high. Why is it always the same couple of people keep showing up in these threads bleeding from their grundles because so and so squats a shit ton more than them but it wasn’t deep enough for 6 white lights, extra credit, and a gold star.

This isn’t a depth contest, fuck, it isn’t even a powerlifting contest. Its a big guy that’s strong as fuck squatting heavy in training. Why can’t you fucktards recognize the video for what it is without putting on your internet judges hat and give props to a man that is stronger than anyone posting here.

great lift

who gives a fuck either way. its 825. not like it was sky high.

That squat, while impressive, it was no where near parallel.

I’ll agree, not parallel, but I’ve seen plenty of comp lifts that weren’t either.

The guy is strong, no doubt. As a strongman I always chuckle when I hear people talk about how hard it is to walk weight out. Please, I watch guys stroll with more weight than this just about every weekend. I’ve watched plenty of guys walk 900+lbs over 50’, and we can’t expect powerlifters to take a couple steps back?

Only thing I’ll say is get a new camera someone who knows what they are doing manning it.

This guy is a bad dude. The paused 505 close grip bench he does is nuts also.

If I were his coach/friend/training partner and I saw that from across the room, I would say- good squat, probably OK on depth. Beyond that, it’s really hard to say. One of my training partners is on a raw kick. He’s a thick dude like that- 300lbs+ -and he uses the same squat style. After watching him and a few other guys with the same build and technique, I find that they all squat to about the same height no matter what the weight. It’s a right at parallel (maybe a hair lower, but not much) when viewed from the side. When viewed from the front, it looks buried because they bend over and bounce their chest/belly off their thighs to get out of the hole. Whether they get the lift or not, this collision at the bottom produces a quick pop out of the hole. Since they are down there so briefly, it makes it very hard to call depth. Blink- and you’ll miss it. I call these good squats. However, a judge that applies a “convincingly deep” standard may not. However, if he were beign judged according to that standard, I would tell him to take his lifting to another federation. He would have to totally change his technique to go much lower- hardly worth it given the choices a lifter has these days.

[quote]Andrew.Cook wrote:
I’ll agree, not parallel, but I’ve seen plenty of comp lifts that weren’t either.

The guy is strong, no doubt. As a strongman I always chuckle when I hear people talk about how hard it is to walk weight out. Please, I watch guys stroll with more weight than this just about every weekend. I’ve watched plenty of guys walk 900+lbs over 50’, and we can’t expect powerlifters to take a couple steps back? [/quote]

A squat’s different tho Andrew, what with the different bar placement, different center of gravity and different diameter of the bar. On a yoke I can easily walk with 100lbs more than I can walk out with a squat bar, and have gone about 300lbs heavier than what i can walk out (albeit with multiple drops)

[quote]IainK wrote:
malonetd wrote:
I don’t know, depth looks solid to me.

True, ‘solid’ but no more. Certantly wasn’t buried or worth commenting how deep it was. Tough angle from behind but it could have been just in or just out.

It was however fucking strong, and thats for certain! lol

[/quote]

everything about it is worth commenting on as its 825 pounds, raw.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Andrew.Cook wrote:

The guy is strong, no doubt. As a strongman I always chuckle when I hear people talk about how hard it is to walk weight out. Please, I watch guys stroll with more weight than this just about every weekend. I’ve watched plenty of guys walk 900+lbs over 50’, and we can’t expect powerlifters to take a couple steps back?

A squat’s different tho Andrew, what with the different bar placement, different center of gravity and different diameter of the bar. On a yoke I can easily walk with 100lbs more than I can walk out with a squat bar, and have gone about 300lbs heavier than what i can walk out (albeit with multiple drops)[/quote]

@Andrew

walk out 825 then talk.

his back is fucking insane

Maybe, but I still don’t think it is the superhuman feat it is made out to be to lift the weight and walk it into position.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Funny how the people who are calling that a “tough angle to judge from” are also calling the squat high. Why is it always the same couple of people keep showing up in these threads bleeding from their grundles because so and so squats a shit ton more than them but it wasn’t deep enough for 6 white lights, extra credit, and a gold star.

This isn’t a depth contest, fuck, it isn’t even a powerlifting contest. Its a big guy that’s strong as fuck squatting heavy in training. Why can’t you fucktards recognize the video for what it is without putting on your internet judges hat and give props to a man that is stronger than anyone posting here.

[/quote]

LOL, end of story!

[quote]Andrew.Cook wrote:
Maybe, but I still don’t think it is the superhuman feat it is made out to be to lift the weight and walk it into position. [/quote]

it is when you squat it too

by the crease in his hip would give him prolly 2 out of 3 white lights in the usapl, not only that, CAN YOU DO THAT…i know i cant

His depth is fine, he just needs some robocop gear. I doubt that would pass a IPF meet, but most multiply feds would have passed that squat. Imagine what this guy would be capable of in multiply gear after training in it for a couple years.

This isn’t some guy claiming to bench 600 for 4 with whipped cream on his face people, this is a legit 825 squat to parrallel. Some of you guys need to E-lax.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
This isn’t some guy claiming to bench 600 for 4 with whipped cream on his face people, this is a legit 825 squat to parrallel. Some of you guys need to E-lax.[/quote]

…I just want y’all to know that if wikipedia is telling the truth, then that means Rezazadeh can squat more than 25 pounds more than this guy, raw too… And since he’s an olympic weightlifter, it’s alot likely that he did it ATG with a high bar… That right there is what a beast truly is.

this guys is fuckin ENORMOUS jesus lol