Lanky Me Chasing 5 More lbs, 1 More Rep

Been teaching my mom to box squat. Just slightly above parallel height and so far with just holding a 5 lb dumbbell. She’s been doing okay with bracing the core. Next I have to teach her is brace the upper back using the lats. I’d say she’s doing pretty okay. I might take a video and post it sometime.

Doing some ab wheels and lateral raises every now and then.

@CycloneEngineer, @garagerocker13, @boyce79

I don’t wanna destroy the spirit of flame free for the nth time, so I’ll just tag you guys here lol

Actually, I’m not really a car guy in the sense that I really know my stuff with cars. I really just want to drive the car, not a car that drives me, if that makes sense. Kind of like an old school meat head lol. I’m still not used to rear view cameras and still turn my body to look at the rear lol

Coupes are nice, unfortunately, the reason I need a four door and a large enough trunk is that because of the nature of my work, my car has to become my closet and an extension of my house a lot of times lol. It’s just so convenient to open the back door and have clothes readily accessible and not wrinkled or folded.

If I have no luck with the civic, I may have to consider the Mazda 3 hatchback since that’s the only one left with MT

1 Like

I love Japanese cars, I’ve had a mk2 civic, a civic S-type (de tuned 4 door type R), and a mazda 323f. Never any issues with any of them.

I test drove a Mazdaspeed 3 when I was looking for my college car, absolutely loved it. Dude sold it before I could go back with the cash…

My wife has the Mazda CX-3 and we love it, they’re just good cars. Great mileage and feels like you’re driving a go-cart. Only sorta issue is that they put the compressor for the AC right behind the grille and any rock bigger than a BB will puncture it. Better that than the radiator but still not ideal. I’ve always respected Mazda the most among the Japanese automakers because their cars are decently sharp and last forever.

1 Like

@boyce79 Yeah dude, they just…WORK. Lol. I thought the 323f is the same is a 323 Familia. I have a '96 323 familia. It’s a piece of junk now but it’s my junk. And it gets me from point A to B and back reliably.

@garagerocker13 nice to know the newer models are still reliable. Any problems with the compressor for the aircon? I know mazda has had long standing issues with compressors a while back

@dagill2 Man, the Mazda 6 looks badass. Looks very professional too

Too bad manuals are slowly getting ditched in general.

Also on my list, depending how big the sprogs get.

Probably my favourite look for a car, outside of a Jag.

Come to Britain, they aren’t going anywhere here.

I heard matics were becoming increasingly popular though?

I checked the UK website, they still have Mazda 6 in MT!!!

1 Like

Not sure if confirmed, but apparently the 2022 Civic Si is making a comeback - in MT!!!

1 Like

Is it Mazda red? Because you’re going to make me pretty jealous if so.

Anecdotally, I don’t know of a single non-disabled person who drives an automatic. The only one I did know of was the sister in law because she used to have an automatic only license but she passed her full test a few years ago, so even she drives a manual now. I might be wrong though, this is purely anecdotal.

1 Like

We’ve had to replace it once because a stone went right through it. I’m sure if you’re decently handy you can squeeze some shrouding over it to prevent that. Speaking of, I should take a look and see how much room there is. But otherwise, kickass car. I think my wife gets like 30 MPG and she doesn’t believe pedals work unless they touch the floorboard.

Yesss! Wait, aren’t you in the UK?

@garagerocker13 good to know! 30mpg ain’t so bad specially if that has a lot of city driving

1 Like

We live like 4 miles from a small city, so our roads are a grid system with 1 mile squares. City driving is usually around 27 or so.

1 Like

I am.

Well then, there you go!

I wonder how it feels like to be right handed and drive a stick with the left hand. Is the clutch on the right side too?

Still not bad dude!

Can confirm, as a lefty driving stick in the US, it’s not that bad if that’s how you learn. At first it’s probably like trying to yank one while tapdancing, but you catch on quick and friction burn is avoided.

2 Likes

True, true. If ever I find myself moving to the UK, learning to drive stick would probably feel like wiping my ass with my left hand all of a sudden :joy:

1 Like

It feels… normal. Remember, I’ve never driven any other way. The clutch pedal is left foot, right foot is accelerator/brake.

1 Like

The tricky part is reversing on to the correct side of the road. :wink:

And for the spatially challenged, remembering that the rest of the car is now to your left, and not to your right. Had some horrifying trips with newbies, who almost crashed into rows of parallel-parked cars! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Haha! That’s going to be interesting!

General update: decided not to lift this 1.5 months that I have access to a gym. Corona reasons. Anyway, I’ll be back stateside mid June where things are better with regards to corona. Will definitely lift by then.